Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

We declare, it is God only who really runs the universe and is absolute Master of fate. Man has a mind and nature brought into existence, not by or through himself but through the will of God. This was given to him rather than chosen by him. Man is not responsible for his own birth, nor is he for his own fate at death The responsibility of his redemption lies primarily with God. The plan of creation, salvation, and redemption of all, is God's, not man's. (All is out of God, Romans 11:36) The Lord is responsible for its eventual outcome. We were made to be free to an extent under God, but never in any extent, to be free from God.

It actually dethrones and demeans God by teaching that man's will shall ever prevail, but that God's shall remain largely unsatisfied.

R. McKay

"For I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the begininning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all my good pleasure." (Isaiah 46:9-10)

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 06:13 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
We declare, it is God only who really runs the universe and is absolute Master of fate. Man has a mind and nature brought into existence, not by or through himself but through the will of God. This was given to him rather than chosen by him. Man is not responsible for his own birth, nor is he for his own fate at death The responsibility of his redemption lies primarily with God. The plan of creation, salvation, and redemption of all, is God's, not man's. (All is out of God, Romans 11:36) The Lord is responsible for its eventual outcome. We were made to be free to an extent under God, but never in any extent, to be free from God.

It actually dethrones and demeans God by teaching that man's will shall ever prevail, but that God's shall remain largely unsatisfied.

R. McKay

"For I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the begininning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all my good pleasure." (Isaiah 46:9-10)

God bless.

-William Law-
Quote:
God is an infinite, fathomless depth of never-ceasing love.

"And yet the Love that brought forth the existence of all things changes not through the fall of its creatures, but is continually at work to bring back all fallen nature and creature. All that passes for a time between God and His fallen creature is but one and the same thing, working for one and the same end, and though this is called "wrath," and that called "punishment," "curse," and "death," it is all from the beginning to the end nothing but the work of the first creating Love, and means nothing else, and does nothing else, but those works of purifying fire, which must and alone can burn away all that dark evil which separates the creature from its first-created union with God.

Gods providence, from the fall to the restitution of all things, is doing the same thing as when He said to the dark chaos of fallen nature, 'Let there be light.' He still says, and will continue saying, the same thing, till there is not evil of darkness left in nature and creature. God creating, God illuminating, God sanctifying, God threatening and punishing, God forgiving and redeeming, are all but one and the same essential, immutable, never-ceasing working of the Divine Nature." -Wm. Law-

Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
If you want to see how popular the church is, attend Sunday morning worship. If you want to see how popular the pastor is, attend Sunday evening. if you want to see how popular God is, attend the prayer meeting.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
If you want to see how popular the church is, attend Sunday morning worship. If you want to see how popular the pastor is, attend Sunday evening. if you want to see how popular God is, attend the prayer meeting.
God bless.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 AM

-Charles. S. Price-

"The bells of my heart are ringing, because I know that my Lord is able to supply all our need. The storehouses of grace are filled to overflowing and the quantity is of such abundance, that it is inconceivable to these hearts and minds of ours. We deal with earthly temporal limits, while God deals with the illimitable and eternal. The measure of God's giving is always to overflowing....there is no end to His beneficence, and no lack in His inexhaustible supply."

-Steve Wilber-
"The breadbox of heaven cannot be exhausted - and you should see his pantry!"

Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
"Every path that leads to heaven is trodden by willing feet. No one is ever driven to paradise."

Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
"Every path that leads to heaven is trodden by willing feet. No one is ever driven to paradise."

-A. W. Tozer-

"Free moral agency is an expression of human invention and to talk of the freedom of man is flatly to repudiate his spiritual ruin. Nowhere does Scripture speak of freedom or the ability of the sinner, on the contrary, it insists on his moral and spiritual inability."

Quote:
We declare, it is God only who really runs the universe and is absolute Master of fate. Man has a mind and nature brought into existence, not by or through himself but through the will of God. This was given to him rather than chosen by him. Man is not responsible for his own birth, nor is he for his own fate at death. The responsibility of his redemption lies primarily with God. The plan of creation, salvation, and redemption of all, is God's, not man's. (All is out of God, Romans 11:36) The Lord is responsible for its eventual outcome. We were made to be free to an extent under God, but never in any extent, to be free from God.

It actually dethrones and demeans God by teaching that man's will shall ever prevail, but that God's shall remain largely unsatisfied. -R. McKay-

Old 02-28-2009, 06:37 PM

A.J. Gossip

Quote:
But you object, a heart like mine can offer Christ so little--at best, so poor and pinched and stingy a hospitality and such meagre fare; for I have nothing worthy of Him to set before Him, only a kind of affection, real enough at times, but which, at others, can and does so easily forget; only a will, quite unreliable, deplorably unstable; only a faith that is the merest shadow of what His real friends mean when they speak about faith, I know. But, there was once a garret up under the roof, a poor, bare place enough. There was a table in it, and there were some benches, and a water-pot; a towel, and a basin in behind the door, but not much else--a bare, unhomelike room. But the Lord Christ entered into it. And, from that moment, it became the holiest of all, where souls innumerable ever since have met the Lord God, in High Glory, face to face. And, if you give Him entrance to that very ordinary heart of yours, it too will transform and sanctify and touch with a splendour of glory.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 PM

God's Symphony
Quote:
God is the Composer. Christ Jesus is the Conductor. The Sacred Scriptures are the Score. The earth is the stage on which, in part, God's symphony is being played. His creatures are the instrumentalists. Our daily lives and how we respond to His trials and His testings are the performance.
In this symphony each has a part, from the simplest of saints to the most scholarly of savants. Would there be a symphony if we all played violins? Or French horns? Or oboes? Of course not! If all played harps where would the cellos be? If all played violas where would the bassoons be?
All the members make one orchestra and each member is important, no matter how small his part, no matter what his size, shape, color, age, education, style and quality of clothes. Talent does not lie in looks, in the latest hair-do, or the up-to-the-minute fashions of this world system. Your value lies in knowing your part and your instrument, and in playing your assigned score under the direction of the Conductor, so that the combined efforts of all believers will make music to the glory of God and His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord.
F. Pohorlak

God bless.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Don't forget: Want to see how obedient man is..................observe the Sabbath!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity