Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...all I'm saying Alpha is this...I've made a personal decision...to use the freedom that Christ's sacrifice for me on the cross gave me to overcome sin...and I will. I choose to live the kind of life that will secure me my place in the Kingdom of Heaven; in the Throne with Jesus; considered great in His Kingdom...I choose to live the kind of life that will ensure me of receiving my inheritance that God has waiting for me...I choose to follow the Spirit's leading in every part of my life...I choose to be faithful to the end...trusting God the entire way...I choose to obey Him with everything that is in me....I know I can, because He told me I could...He promised never to put more on me than He knew I could bear. I thank my God in Heaven for Harold and Donna's Ministry...it is given out of pure love for their brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus...and I feel very sad for those who refuse to hear....Love in Christ Jesus
Nothing wrong with striving for "better", but when your righteousness comes from it, then there is a problem.

But since we are on the theme of OCD, I think you got a looooong way to go sister. I mean, there were folks that made Mother Teresa look pretty sinful.

You got a lot of hill to climb to get close to get in the "great" class...IF it's not too late already for you. Lots of life long virgins got one up on you right there that you can't "fix".

I'm just sayin...

What I find utterly amusing through is that folks can quote "you will be called LEAST in the Kingdom of Heaven" and not realize you're still in heaven.

That's contrary to what's been preached to death by certain indivduals.

I know I'll probably be there smelling like smoke...right next to the prostitute that washed Jesus feet with her hair. I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm also realistic. More so then a lot of folks around here. I'm a damaged individual in many regards. I know my place, but I also know I've been forgiven and saved by THE KING OF KINGS and it's not your place to take his judgement seat for him.

P.S. Can you please be a good Christian take all the "frilly" stuff out of your fonts and such. Very hard to read. Very hard. It's not all about you ya know.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:42 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
...Alpha..did you not read what I posted about what the Word of God says in Galatians?...In Hebrews?...would you care to comment on that? It is, after all, the Word of God...not mine. You can't just pick and choose the scriptures you like the best...and leave the rest out. What Harold and Donna have been teaching does not have to do with our salvation...it has to do with what we do with the salvation that has been given to us!...the "process" after the initial promise of salvation.
Yes, yes, I did.

What they are saying has EVERYTHING to do with salvation.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/7452767-post35.html

And it's apparent you are not open to what I am saying....so.....pray you're right in allowing their counsel to influence you. And I mean that in all sincerity.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Nothing wrong with striving for "better", but when your righteousness comes from it, then there is a problem.

But since we are on the theme of OCD, I think you got a looooong way to go sister. I mean, there were folks that made Mother Teresa look pretty sinful.

You got a lot of hill to climb to get close to get in the "great" class...IF it's not too late already for you. Lots of life long virgins got one up on you right there that you can't "fix".

I'm just sayin...

What I find utterly amusing through is that folks can quote "you will be called LEAST in the Kingdom of Heaven" and not realize you're still in heaven.

That's contrary to what's been preached to death by certain indivduals.

I know I'll probably be there smelling like smoke...right next to the prostitute that washed Jesus feet with her hair. I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm also realistic. More so then a lot of folks around here. I'm a damaged individual in many regards. I know my place, but I also know I've been forgiven and saved by THE KING OF KINGS and it's not your place to take his judgement seat for him.

P.S. Can you please be a good Christian take all the "frilly" stuff out of your fonts and such. Very hard to read. Very hard. It's not all about you ya know.
......I'll pray for you JViello...love.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
I have sat back and have taken in what is written here and several other threads. All im going to say is this: I will be praying for each and every one of you.
and let me add this: I mean no disrespect to anyone..so take this as you will...if this Harold and Donna Ministry to so wonderful....why not go and start your own website where others can talk and discuss what it is your trying to get across. Granted these threads are for discussions and questions as such, but this is getting way out of hand. A good and honest thread could be started for someone asking a sincere question and some how....it ends up in disaster.
If your going to ask me for Bible verses and such to back whatever i say up...i cant do it. Im not Bible equipped. I do know what the Bible says. I however can not quote the scripture that everyone else does. I dont have a college education in the Bible..im just and average down to earth person who knows that these postings goes around in circles.

Again..i apologize if i offend anyone, that was not my intentions. May God Bless each and every one of you.
Once again....i must submit this...

Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 PM

[quote=Alpha8207;7492283]Yes, yes, I did....and? What about it?...Galatians?...Hebrews?...What I quoted?...what do you say about that?

Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I'm betting you'll abandon your own logic if challenged.

Let's see......

He didn't refer to all 10 commandments, so do we just need to keep the ones He mentioned?

(Get ready for the 'NO NO....let me explain...')

And your math is flawed to be a teacher.....

You just said 2-1=10

Thanks for exposing what many have been trying to tell folks.....

...and further...

Care to provide any scriptural basis for 'temporary laws'? I mean, besides your own skewed version of your truth.

Hi Alpha

I know it must be difficult to be fair and balanced in a discussion like this when you act as moderator.

So I know you will be fair when I point out that to understand Donna's point you must listen to other verses on the same subject.

You suggested that because Jesus did not quote all of the ten commandments he was not referring to the ten.

(Get ready for the 'NO NO....let me explain...')

James did the explanation:

Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Jam 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

If you were not able to follow James point - let me help you understand this basic concept.

The ten commandments is one law with ten parts. They cannot be separated. That is why James said if you break one you are guilty of all.

So you can be certain that when Jesus quoted from the ten commandments written by the finger of God he was not excluding any.

Donna's point was that Jesus was not referring to the Mosaic law which was temporary but to the ten commandments.

Then you said:

Care to provide any scriptural basis for 'temporary laws'? I mean, besides your own skewed version of your truth.[/quote]

This comment leaves one gasping at the lack of understanding in the speaker.

The Scriptural basis for "temporary laws" is the fact that we no longer have to sacrifice animals or submit to any of the priestly functions for they were ummmm well, temporary.

Surely you agree that we no longer have to obey that part of the Mosaic law because for lack of a better word - they were temporary?

Forgive me for saying so - but you seem to be out of your depth here Alpha....

HK

Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,127 times
Out of depth in your area maybe...and praise God for that.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:05 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
What Harold and Donna have been teaching does not have to do with our salvation...it has to do with what we do with the salvation that has been given to us!...the "process" after the initial promise of salvation.
So what say you, Harold and Donna? Do you agree with the above statement? Has all your teaching about sin have to do with our salvation, or only what we are to do with the salvation we have already obtained?

Old 02-16-2009, 05:07 PM

[quote=Verna Perry;7492577]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Yes, yes, I did....and? What about it?...Galatians?...Hebrews?...What I quoted?...what do you say about that?
...Alpha?...Where'd you go?...

Old 02-16-2009, 05:09 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,196 times
Quote:
......I'll pray for you JViello...love.

Good response Verna... I am reminded of God's counsel to Ezekiel after God told him to tell the people that they must SIN NOT.

The command:

Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

The counsel:

Eze 3:7 But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted.
Eze 3:8 Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.
Eze 3:9 As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

So Verna - when you tell people that God said to "SIN NOT" you can expect the same response that Ezekiel got from those who did sin.

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity