Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) In the OT, God only had the power to forgive sins, the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

2) In the OT, God only had the power to preform miracles, the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

3) In the OT, God said he had power over death, the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

4) In the OT, God (Jehovah) called himself "I AM", the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

5) In the OT, Sovereign God (LORD - Jehovah) said he would be their shepherd, we would be his flock, search for the lost and bring back the strays, bind up the injured and strengthen the weak (Ezekiel 34), the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

6) In the OT, only the Sovereign LORD is the shepherd - no more than one.... the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

7) IN the OT, Sovereign LORD says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats (Ezekiel 34) ... the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

So......why is Jesus God?

1) Jesus forgave sins - without invoking Jehovah's name
2) Jesus preformed miracles - without invoking Jehovah's name
3A) Jesus raised the dead - without invoking Jehovah's name
3B) Jesus claimed he would raise himself from the dead, not Jehovah (John 2:19)
4) Jesus called himself "I AM" (John 8:58) - Jehovah's name
5) Jesus called himself "the shepherd" John 10:11 - not Jehovah
6) Jesus calls himself "the shepherd" not one of the shepherds
7) Jesus said he will be the judge - not Jehovah - seperating the sheep and goats - Matthew 25:32

Why did the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law opposed Jesus....
because the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew who Jesus was claiming to be.

Who were against God...the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law.. Jesus' enemies.

Who are against the God.... those who deny that Jesus is God...Jesus' enemies
AMEN!! This post is absolutely excellent!!

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 11:34 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:

7) Jesus said he will be the judge - not Jehovah - seperating the sheep and goats - Matthew 25:32
Hi, the Father gave Jesus all authority in heaven and on earth. (Matt. 28:18) Everything that Jesus did was given to Him by the Father, who is the origin, source of all. Jesus said that He could do nothing of Himself (John 5:19) Jesus represents/ is the image of the invisible God, acts on behalf of the Father, points to the Father. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-21-2009 at 11:50 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 01:34 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So God sent Himself to earth, gave Himself instructions, obeyed Himself, prayed to Himself, later forsook Himself, and then ascended to Heaven to be with Himself, where He sits on His own righthand side today? And this is what you believe the Bible says?
Can you explain how your shoes were put together, how the earth rotates perfectly, or how the sun works? So, how can we explain everything about God. God created us, so how can we explain about someone who was never created? We are not going to understand everything about God.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) In the OT, God only had the power to forgive sins, the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

2) In the OT, God only had the power to preform miracles, the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

3) In the OT, God said he had power over death, the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

4) In the OT, God (Jehovah) called himself "I AM", the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

5) In the OT, Sovereign God (LORD - Jehovah) said he would be their shepherd, we would be his flock, search for the lost and bring back the strays, bind up the injured and strengthen the weak (Ezekiel 34), the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

6) In the OT, only the Sovereign LORD is the shepherd - no more than one.... the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

7) IN the OT, Sovereign LORD says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats (Ezekiel 34) ... the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew that.

Why did the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law opposed Jesus....
because the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law knew who Jesus was claiming to be.

Who were against God...the Pharisee's, Sadducee's and teachers of the law.. Jesus' enemies.

Who are against the God.... those who deny that Jesus is God...Jesus' enemies

Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Can you explain how your shoes were put together, how the earth rotates perfectly, or how the sun works?...
Yes actually we can.

Non-Christians aren't wrong about anything. Just because we don't follow those rules doesn't make anyone a sinner.

Sinners are believers that openly break the rules of their faith. As such you have to be a beleiver that knows better, hence non-beleivers can't be sinners of a faith they have no belief in.

Thats the same as saying we're all criminals because we don't follow another nation's laws that we don't live in and have never even visited. But because that nation feels there laws are correct and everyone else's is wrong, everyone is deemed unlawful in their eyes even if those other people live in other countries and have nothing to do with them. (real world example)

Old 02-22-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
Yes actually we can.

Non-Christians aren't wrong about anything. Just because we don't follow those rules doesn't make anyone a sinner.

Sinners are believers that openly break the rules of their faith. As such you have to be a beleiver that knows better, hence non-beleivers can't be sinners of a faith they have no belief in.

Thats the same as saying we're all criminals because we don't follow another nation's laws that we don't live in and have never even visited. But because that nation feels there laws are correct and everyone else's is wrong, everyone is deemed unlawful in their eyes even if those other people live in other countries and have nothing to do with them. (real world example)
Well, if you can explain it, then you can, but I get the idea that you can't!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:10 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times
Quote:
Well, if you can explain it, then you can, but I get the idea that you can't!
You don't know anyone on here beyond some forum postings on the internet, so stating you don't think someone can do something doesn't make sense unless you know them in real life and know what they've done in life, which you most likely do not.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Can you explain how your shoes were put together, how the earth rotates perfectly, or how the sun works? So, how can we explain everything about God. God created us, so how can we explain about someone who was never created? We are not going to understand everything about God.
I wouldn't expect to be able to understand everything about God. On the other hand, He says He's not a God of confusion, and if a Father being His own Son is not confusing, I don't know what is. God wants us to be able to understand Him as well as our finite minds are able to. Traditional Christianity has made Him far more unknowable than He needs to be.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:06 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I wouldn't expect to be able to understand everything about God. On the other hand, He says He's not a God of confusion, and if a Father being His own Son is not confusing, I don't know what is. God wants us to be able to understand Him as well as our finite minds are able to. Traditional Christianity has made Him far more unknowable than He needs to be.
You are very correct about God not being the author of confusion. Since the Bible clearly states God came in the flesh and while He was here (in the flesh) He was called the Son of God. Which translates to The King of Israel. Then where is the confusion?

Quote:
and if a Father being His own Son is not confusing, I don't know what is.
It would be confusing if we were talking about a human man/Father becoming His own son, but we're talking about a supernatural Being causing His spoken Word to become God in the flesh. Nothing is impossible with God. Again I must ask...how is this confusing?

Quote:
Traditional Christianity has made Him far more unknowable than He needs to be.
Would you please explain what you mean by the quote above. Thx.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:11 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
if a Father being His own Son is not confusing, I don't know what is.
Hi, it isn't confusing to understand that God the Father sent Jesus the Son, that the Son (the word made flesh) came forth from the Father. The Father who is greater than the Son gave all things to the Son, including all authority. The Son represents the Father, is the exact image of the Father, dwells in the bosom of the Father, reveals the Father to us. He is always doing the will of the Father and will be subject to the Father when He delivers the kingdom to the Father. He is God in the relative sense, having the title of God, and having the name above every name, which was given to Him by the Father. The Father is the original source from which all things come and He is Supreme.

1 Corinthians 8:
4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him;

John 5: 30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent Me.

Quote:
you are king A....you decide to create another king with all of your attributes,someone who is the exact image of you..you name him king B. You bestow on him and give him all that you have but you are still greater in rank than him. King A can be called king....and king B can be called king..BUT KING A IS NOT KING B AND KING B IS NOT KING A...eventhough they both have the title of king. It`s like an analogy I gave a while back about someone being the owner of a company.
The owner has a son and makes him boss over the business. The son runs the business and makes the decisions for the business. Everyone answers to him and calls him boss. Once the son has the business up and running perfectly, he gives the reins of the business back over to his father in the end. All the employees call the son boss but they also know the father as boss as well but he is letting the son run the business. The employees have to go to the son with their issues or problems. They can`t get to the father but through the son. They are both known as boss to the people but one is greater than the other. One is head of the business (son) and one is head of the son (father). They both have title of boss but one is greater than the other and the son does the bidding of the father. But the son is not the father..they are not one in the same person...they just hold the same TITLE. The son has it because the father gave it to him
God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-22-2009 at 10:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity