Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:14 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
How can anyone justify using scripture to prove the accuracy of scripture? Isn't this extremely circular logic???
The physical-minded (carnal) think only of physical evolution and the DNA design correlates in the evidence in the fossil record. They completely ignore the fact that our spiritual (consciousness) evolution exists and has left a spiritual fossil record correlating to the DNA design of our brain and its capabilities. That is just one way to validate these recordings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:42 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,282,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes . . . this is my own synthesis . . . the result of decades of study in science, scriptures, myths, philosophy, psychology, and experiences in meditation.
Oh, I was just wondering because I have never heard of this or the things of God explained like this before. What type of meditation do you do? I'm just curious what type of faith or religion do you go by, or worship. I'm asking because your explanation is so odd or foreign to me, it seems kind of strange that someone would come up with this idea on their own. I'm just trying to understand your method.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
"I find this a bit odd, ..."

will such be the opening words on judgment day?

just curious?
Honestly, I'm just as lost as you to what is being said.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Oh, I was just wondering because I have never heard of this or the things of God explained like this before. What type of meditation do you do? I'm just curious what type of faith or religion do you go by, or worship. I'm asking because your explanation is so odd or foreign to me, it seems kind of strange that someone would come up with this idea on their own. I'm just trying to understand your method.
It was not at random that I chose Jesus out of all the prophets, messiahs, and founders of religious sects. In light of the impact he has had, it is inescapable. According to John 6:45, even Jesus knew that this could happen,

. . . It is written in the Prophets, 'And they shall all be taught of God.' Everyone who has listened to the Father, and has learned, comes to me.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:04 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,499,910 times
Quote:
Honestly, I'm just as lost as you to what is being said.

Honestly, i'm just .... and not as lost as you .... might have been suggesting!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
It was not at random that I chose Jesus out of all the prophets, messiahs, and founders of religious sects. In light of the impact he has had, it is inescapable. According to John 6:45, even Jesus knew that this could happen,

. . . It is written in the Prophets, 'And they shall all be taught of God.' Everyone who has listened to the Father, and has learned, comes to me.
I guess what I am asking is how did you come up with your own synthesis on God, because my definitions of synthesis may be different from what you are talking about.

(Synthesis) the process of producing a chemical compound (usually by the union of simpler chemical compounds)
(Synthesis) is a scientific journal
(Synthesis)combining of separate elements into a complete whole

the result of decades of study in science, scriptures, myths, philosophy, psychology, and experiences in meditation.

I'm wondering how you actually took from decades of study and applied it to God to work for you.

I can understand by using scripture, but by me being a Psychology Major I could never imagine using any research to determine God or lead me to God from Psychology. My years of research in Psychology I learned mostly opinions of men and women who did research on many different things, that rarely if any pertained to God.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 03-01-2009 at 04:17 PM..

Old 03-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I'm wondering how you actually took from decades of study and applied it to God to work for you.

I can understand by using scripture, but by me being a Psychology Major I could never imagine using any research to determine God or lead me to God from Psychology. My years of research in Psychology I learned mostly opinions of men and women who did research on many different things, that rarely if any pertained to God.
God is not a separate object of study . . . religions are. God is everything that exists and we are simply learning about various aspects . . . like the blind men trying to describe the elephant from its different parts.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:09 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,379,693 times
Question Please Define

Quote:
The physical-minded (carnal) think only of physical evolution and the DNA design correlates in the evidence in the fossil record. They completely ignore the fact that our spiritual (consciousness) evolution exists and has left a spiritual fossil record correlating to the DNA design of our brain and its capabilities. That is just one way to validate these recordings.

UM....what is a "spiritual fossil record?"

What do you mean by "the DNA design of our brain"?

What elements of it ["spiritual follil record"] correlates with the "DNA design of our brain?"

How or where can one finde evidence of the "spiritual fossil record"? If it's spiritual how could there be fossils?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
UM....what is a "spiritual fossil record?"

What do you mean by "the DNA design of our brain"?

What elements of it ["spiritual follil record"] correlates with the "DNA design of our brain?"

How or where can one finde evidence of the "spiritual fossil record"? If it's spiritual how could there be fossils?
It is figurative speech . . . the myths, legends, scriptures, philosophies through time from the earliest writings constitute the "spiritual fossil record" of the development of our consciousness and our understanding of reality. We readily understand that there are DNA design features responsible for the physical attributes we possess . . . but we do not even acknowledge that they MUST also exist for the "way our brain functions" and its "attributes," as well. The problem is we are not remotely capable of deciphering the DNA for the mental functioning of the brain . . . as we have for the physical features. But we can see certain patterns of thought and seemingly built-in capabilities that show definite evolution over time.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,379,693 times
Quote:
It is figurative speech . . . the myths, legends, scriptures, philosophies through time from the earliest writings constitute the "spiritual fossil record" of the development of our consciousness and our understanding of reality. We readily understand that there are DNA design features responsible for the physical attributes we possess . . . but we do not even acknowledge that they MUST also exist for the "way our brain functions" and its "attributes," as well. The problem is we are not remotely capable of deciphering the DNA for the mental functioning of the brain . . . as we have for the physical features. But we can see certain patterns of thought and seemingly built-in capabilities that show definite evolution over time.

OK...so we are biologically based creatures....so what? How does being biologically based creatures have any influence on the spiritual world--except that is to cause a complete lack of empirical evidence that the spiritual world exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity