Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times

Advertisements

My dear hubby calls it the razors edge. The pruning knife of the Husbandman. Cutting all the dead and unfruitful branches off the tree of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
The gate that leads to eternal life is narrow, but this does not mean it's difficult to become a Christian, but that there is only one way to eternal life with God and not everyone will decide to walk that road.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The gate that leads to eternal life is narrow, but this does not mean it's difficult to become a Christian, but that there is only one way to eternal life with God and not everyone will decide to walk that road.
Amen! I don't mean to plant fear in someone who is "seeking the way". It's not difficult.. but it means our all. There are a multitude of other false ways, but if we truly desire the Truth, we'll find the true way.

I like the verses you posted, scgraham! Thinking especially of this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
(Isaiah 35:8) "And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein."
It's simple enough that we can find it, and won't go off the track unknowingly.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
It's simple enough that we can find it, and won't go off the track unknowingly.
Amen!!!
The only way to walk upon it is Christ! Plain and simple! Just like Alpha said, "It's all about Him (Jesus).
Heb.12:2
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

By His self-offering and ascension to heaven He has become the author and finisher of our faith. He has done everything necessary to ensure that we, too, may cross the finish line if we endure in faith. To make our salvation possible He counted even the shame of the cross as of no account.

Blessings

Old 02-28-2009, 06:08 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
The road is very narrow, but wide enough to stay on with the help of Jesus Christ.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:44 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,710 times
Jesus told us the exactly what the narrow way that leads to life is...

Mat 19:17 "....but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as

Those who call Jesus Lord but continue to commit sin have not found the narrow way...

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

HK

Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it
Isn't that nice? That god put us all here on purpose and made the way to heaven so difficult to figure out! Love? Hmmm...Not my idea of love.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 AM

33 posts, read 62,788 times
The way to heaven is not difficult, it is straightforward. It only requires us to look within, to hear the voice of Jesus speaking to us and to obey every touch on our conscience of what is not pleasing to Him, and to turn from that thing, trusting in His power to enable us and believing that He will lead us as a good Shepherd leads his sheep. The more we obey His voice the more that further light will be given. Jesus said He comes to teach His people Himself, but some put a book in the way. The Bible was not even availabe to believers before the 16th century. God does not intent for us to have a relationship with a book even the book has the words of God it is not the Word, and we know about the many interpretations that confuse us.

God still speaks as He did to His people of old, and we must first of all hear His voice. Often these discusions do no good. We really need to be in that place of hearing Him first.

When I was a seeker, I heard from many that we must do this or that and obey this law or that one, and it only made me depressed as I wanted to but something stood in the way even as a believer. We cannot obey or find the truth if it is in using the flesh. We end up confused and/or disappointed. The only way is to come to Christ and listen to His voice. His voice is that still small voice inside not the buzzing pushing one.

Holiness is not obtained by obeying the law. It is found by getting serious with Jesus and finding the true path that leads to life whereby it is through His power and grace alone that His holiness is imparted to us, in an instant as we must pass from one kingdom to another in a definate step.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:45 PM

EHR says:

The only way is to come to Christ and listen to His voice. His voice is that still small voice inside not the buzzing pushing one.

The Scriptures say:

Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

(1Jo 2:4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments,
is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Isn't that nice? That god put us all here on purpose and made the way to heaven so difficult to figure out! Love? Hmmm...Not my idea of love.
Well, it was God who said it was difficult - so that part is settled.

There is a study on the question of why it is so difficult and yet a part of Gods plan here

See deception #6 concerning the testing of our faith.

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity