Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 PM

94 posts, read 135,535 times

Advertisements

There is one particular verse in Revelation that has always puzzled me....

"And when he opened the seventh seal, a silence occurred in heaven for about a HALF-HOUR." (Rev/Apoc 8:1)

This appears after the 4-horsemen of the Apocalypse and right before the Seven Angels with Seven Trumpets.

As Biblical reference to time has always been debated, (the "42 months", 3 1/2 years in Revelation, and the 1290 days in Daniel). However, this one in particular of only HALF an HOUR has always meant to me to be a period of time that heaven will be silenced....or simple not respond to our needs or prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 06:57 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netprophet View Post
There is one particular verse in Revelation that has always puzzled me....

"And when he opened the seventh seal, a silence occurred in heaven for about a HALF-HOUR." (Rev/Apoc 8:1)

This appears after the 4-horsemen of the Apocalypse and right before the Seven Angels with Seven Trumpets.

As Biblical reference to time has always been debated, (the "42 months", 3 1/2 years in Revelation, and the 1290 days in Daniel). However, this one in particular of only HALF an HOUR has always meant to me to be a period of time that heaven will be silenced....or simple not respond to our needs or prayers.

Hello netprophet,

I believe this time period is the first 1/2 of this hour:
Re 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth

Re 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

This hour is obviously the tribulation when the antichrist is on the earth. And heaven is silent the first 1/2 waiting for the time of the seven angels to began sounding their trumpets.

As we see in the next verse the angels are handed their trumpets:

Revelation 8:2 "And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets."

The next vs. 2-5 tell what the angels jobs are, etc.

Then v. 6 says

Revelation 8:6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound."

As the Word goes forth, and heaven is silent, the trumpets are about to sound.

Then the seven angels each sound their trumpets...

Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
And God rested on the Seventh day.............. How marvelous is He? As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end. So shall it be in the end. Who has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to them.

He's not slack, concerning His promise.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM

94 posts, read 135,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Hello netprophet,

I believe this time period is the first 1/2 of this hour:
Re 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth
. . . .

Most interesting analogy "HOUR of temptation"..... yet there is ONE-HALF HOUR prior the sounding of "trumpets". This most likely is the real beginning of pains and patience we all will need to get us through. Because many a time, people are in praying to the Lord, yet no answer is given them. These would be desparate times.

This definitely would be the HOUR of temptation when all seems to be going rampant, people losing jobs, fortunes, health. And we are tempted to take the short, easy route. Yet, God, being merciful is actually cutting our time in HALF - if we have the strenth to wait and resist and eventually witness these next prophecies unfold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity