Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Maybe it just to make a point. A lesson. The impact of the lesson might decrease if it they knew it wasn't his.
That's fair but is that really what you believe it to be? when you listen and watch what does it look like to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The Fallacy Detective

These Pastors are leading us to believe they experienced this as a child, false stories which IS lying. They are shepherds who have ran out of relevant, radical concepts to teach the flock so they resort to buying sermons, maybe if they just preach what's in the bible, spend more time studying and praying then the Holy Spirit can guide them to a new sermon every week.
I asked if there is any other info out there besides the youtube clip. ??

How can we be so sure that these two men didn't have this experience when younger? I saw it happen to kids over and over.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,384 times
Quote:
That's fair but is that really what you believe it to be? when you listen and watch what does it look like to you?
Oh i didn't even watch. I will in a bit. I'm not saying there aren't abuses of it. But that not every circumstance is wrong. Since you posting this I will assume for now that your prob right in THIS instance, but till I watch I can't say for sure.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 AM

K. I watched it, now if there were marketing this to make money, and not just in their church, yeah it's wrong. But at the same time, I even think I've heard that sermon. That one might just be a common ground sermon. It didn't seem so bad to me.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
K. I watched it, now if there were marketing this to make money, and not just in their church, yeah it's wrong. But at the same time, I even think I've heard that sermon. That one might just be a common ground sermon. It didn't seem so bad to me.
It didn't sit well with me at all considering these Pastors were lying, setting a bad example but I can respect your view.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
It didn't sit well with me at all considering these Pastors were lying, setting a bad example but I can respect your view.
And I yours. I totally understand your aversion to it, but to me it one of the least thing to worry about in these time.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 AM

Is there an ignore function here or something? lol

Does anyone know the names of the two men so we can look for more info?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Does anyone know the names of the two men so we can look for more info?
Why would you care? I mean the world is full of wanna be reporters who want to capture a "gotcha" moment so they can discredit someone or another so they can be big.....it worked for the guys at Watergate, didn't it? It only works if you put your faith in a guy/preacher/dude in charge......Listen to the message, assume the rest is drama, and pay close attention to the Spirit when you pray..........so simple even a cave man can do it.......

Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Why would you care? I mean the world is full of wanna be reporters who want to capture a "gotcha" moment so they can discredit someone or another so they can be big.....it worked for the guys at Watergate, didn't it? It only works if you put your faith in a guy/preacher/dude in charge......Listen to the message, assume the rest is drama, and pay close attention to the Spirit when you pray..........so simple even a cave man can do it.......

Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Honestly why do I care? Because Fundamentalist is so upset by this. I'd like to dig deeper just so I have something to talk to him about. He and I don't see eye to eye on much of anything, but we're together through and in our Savior...so I try to engage in conversation somehow.

But that's just me...I've been called naive all my life... I love people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity