Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times

Advertisements

A short study concerning the two riders on white horses..

A. Two riders on 2 white horses...

1.)This one arrives first...

Rev. 6;21 ¶ And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and *a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

*bow toxon, simple fabric, bow

An imitation of this one:

Ge 49:24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel.

2.)This one arrives second:

Rev. 19:11 ¶ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were *many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

So we see the rider on the first white horse, at first glance, appears to be the Messiah we're waiting for.

However upon further investigation we see the second rider is the one we are to wait for.

Dan. 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety day
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Don't be fooled. Don't fall for the first one who arrives. Remember there are 2 that are coming, and they arrive at different times. One is a fake. One is genuine.

Luk. 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, *Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Q.*where will they be taken to?

A. where the eagles are gathered?

Q. Where will the eagles be gathered?

Re 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Do you still want to be 'taken' first? Or left behind?

Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

I'm going to endure till the end. I'm going wait to be tried as gold. I'm waiting for the Lord my God. Will you wait with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,987 times
Default Pay attention.

As I was reading through the posts...I came to this one.
I, like many people, do not like long posts and tend to scan through them...don't take the time to think about what is being said.

But this one is very important...it is a message to all Christians.
We all know the false prophet and the anti christ will come first proclaiming to be Christ....will fool many people. Don't be among the ones not paying attention.

Christ will not actually come until later...do not be one of those who are "fooled." Know what is in the bible. This is very important.

When Christ comes we will ALL know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity