Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 01:57 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
(1). How many of you believe the rider of the first horse is the Anti-Christ?
(2). How many of you believe that this first rider is the Anti-Christ, and he's here, (as in here on earth) but yet not R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D?

Here's a quick quiz:

(1). Satan is the Father of all lies. True or False

(2). He's sometimes known as the Great Deceiver. True or False

(3). Remember this conflict of old, the war between good and evil? Where did it begin?

A. On Earth
B. In Church
C. In Heaven
D. In the White House
E. Or all of the above

Open book.
Well, Betsey...no doubt the rider on the white horse is the A/C. Is he here yet? That depends on what you mean by 'he'...who are YOU saying the 'he' is? And to answer your last question I have to know which conflict you're speaking of. Satan's rebellion or the sin in the garden of Eden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 02:25 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Well, Betsey...no doubt the rider on the white horse is the A/C. Is he here yet? That depends on what you mean by 'he'...who are YOU saying the 'he' is? And to answer your last question I have to know which conflict you're speaking of. Satan's rebellion or the sin in the garden of Eden?
Does it sound like to YOU, that I am assuming that I know who "he" is? (Wish I did, all of us would have "heads up" by now.) Which conflict? The only conflict, the one between good and evil. (Nothing change) Where did it begin?

Old 03-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Quote:
Does it sound like to YOU, that I am assuming that I know who "he" is? (Wish I did, all of us would have "heads up" by now.) Which conflict? The only conflict, the one between good and evil. (Nothing change) Where did it begin?
Bestey,
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was being a smart alec...I really wasn't. It sounded to me from your question(s) you knew the answer(s). That is one of the things about this 'medium'...one cannot always tell just exactly what the other person is saying...

The he is satan so I guess you could say, in that sense he has been revealed, but he hasn't appeared on the earth in the role of the A/C. I'm sure you know the confict between good and evil has been going on for a long time. It started when satan led a rebellion against God.

Last edited by mshipmate; 03-07-2009 at 04:42 PM..

Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM

In the last chapter we saw the last seal being open. In this chapter we will see the 5th angel sound...

Back in the 3rd trump the one world system was shown to be tightning it's grip on the world.

At the 4th trump we obseved signs everywhere, and it's very plain to see some of these events and symbols are happening right now. They are every where. In education, economics (banking)politics, and religion.

It helps me to remember two things when studying the book of Rev...One, it's important to remember that God is in total control and He is even using satan to carry out His plan.

And two, to be constantly reminding myself that John is writing what Jesus told him to write. So in this chapter what is Jesus saying...

Now let's look at chapter 9

v.1, another 'star' falls from heaven and is given the key to the bottomless pit (abyss).

This star is also spoken of in Isa 14. This 'star' is satan and he's given the 'key' or authority to the bottomless pit where the fallen angels of Jude are held.

The pit is not a place, or location, but a point of degradation. It's a similar statement to Satan being told he would always crawl on his belly, as the serpent. No Satan never became a snake, but he was a deceiver and his actions were as that of a snake.

How do we know the star is satan? Let's see..

Re 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And *they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

*who? The elect that are on the earth at this time.

12 ¶ Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a *short time.

*I will elaborate on satan's short time in a bit...

First a reminder, this again speaks of the 'hour' of temptation that is coming upon the earth.

To recap I stated in chapter 8. This is one of the reason why I believe the 'saints' will be on the earth during this time because the actual length of God's wrath is a very short time, called the *hour of temptation.

Why is satan given this authority at this time? Because he's coming as the 'instead of Christ.' The word 'anti' in the Greek, when taken to it's prime, means "instead of."

Now I know the common idea is the antichrist is a humand man who recieves a 'deadly wound' and comes back to life, but when we get to chapter 13 we will see that it's the 1st beast (the political system) that recieves the deadly wound, not the 2nd beast which is the A/C.

v.2 notice again it mentions the sun and the air will be darkenes as it did back in chapter 8.

recap: When Satan arrives darkness will appear; and the darkening in the heavens will be exactly as you expect it to be when Jesus Christ returns to earth. The universe will even announce both comings. Notice, though, Satan will cause only one third of the effect, whereas our Lord's return will be complete and total.

v.3 the *locust come out of the smoke.

These evil spirits coming out of the pit are called locust.Why does Jesus call them locust?

This is one reason:

Joe 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

Here is another:

FIVE MONTHS. The normal life expectancy of locust are five months, born in the spring and dying at the end summer. The time "locust" has four stages, as stated in

Joel 1. The part of the locust that exists in the swarming stage is five months.

They are called locust because satan has 5 months to decieve the world, all that is except God's elect.

Mt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Re 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Re 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space

Mr 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but *only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

* this says ONLY those, implying others do have the seal
of God, i.e the elect.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

v 10 "And they had [have] tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to *hurt men five months."

* notice twice it says they cannot kill men..

Revelation 9:11 "And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the He'-brew tongue is A-bad'-don, but in the Greek tongue hath his [the] name A-pol'-ly-on."

There can be no doubt who the Antichrist is. Jesus is telling us here, through the pen of John. Satan is that King; and "Abaddon" in the Hebrew language means "destroyer" and that is Satan's name. This is verified in the Greek the name, "Apollyon" [Strongs # 623, "the destroyer "Satan"].

v.14 6th angel looses the 4 angels

The river Euphrates has always established the boundaries between Israel and Babylon.

To understand how and where these bound angels come and are bound, let's go to the book of Jude.

Jude 6 "And these angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the Great day."

v.15"And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an *hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the *third part of men.

It is not a physical death here, but a spiritual death; because God told them in verse 4 &10 they could not kill mankind.

v.18 three plages would be religion, political power, and the economy.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
In Rev 9:1 the "star" is Satan. As part of God's plan, Satan came down to earth with the key to the Bottomless Pit to release the demons... with their leader Abaddon... to start the Great Tribulation.

I came back to say...Sorry, you are/were correct about the pit being opened to release demons. I corrected you and said it was the 'fallen angels' that are released from the pit.

Again I say, "Sorry,".... I was getting ahead of myself. The fallen angels are released later when the four angels loose them from where they are bound.

Last edited by mshipmate; 03-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: correct spelling

Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Satan the Great Deceiver, has a counterfeit for everything God does, everything. He is the "prince" of this world. There's worship of God in heaven, and there's worship of Satan on earth, there is a seal of God and there is a seal of Satan. Remember, he wants to be like the Most High God, be not deceived. Keep that in mind when studying the book of Revelation and much will be revealed to you. Bless.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Satan the Great Deceiver, has a counterfeit for everything God does, everything. He is the "prince" of this world. There's worship of God in heaven, and there's worship of Satan on earth, there is a seal of God and there is a seal of Satan. Remember, he wants to be like the Most High God, be not deceived. Keep that in mind when studying the book of Revelation and much will be revealed to you. Bless.

Amen, Bestsey, and satan's last counterfeit will be coming as the A/C and sitting in the temple of God proclaiming to be God...

Chapter 10
1 ¶ And I saw *another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

v.1 *another mighty angel...the word *another implies this angel is not of the other seven, and perhaps the same angel as in 5:2?

There's some interesting things about this angel...He's clothed with a cloud. That reminds me of 1:7, psa. 18:11; 104:3; Isa. 19:1; Matt. 24:30;and 1 Thess. 4:17.

Also the word rainbow puts 4:3 in remembrance.

The little book is biblaridion and is used only here and vv 9,10. Also Cp. 1:11, and 5:1 which speak of a scroll being sealed and here opened.

v.3 *7 thunders. Again a very interesting 'subject'

Thunder refers to the voice of God. See Psa. 29.

4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, *Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

What ever those seven thunders uttered, it is not recorded for us to know.

v. 5 lifted up his *hand..in the original text it says, 'his right hand.' Note. 1:16, and 5:1.

v.6 The angel swore by Almighty God.

The 'thunders' covered the full cycle of all events about to happen. The angel is announcing the close of this flesh earth age: This flesh earth age is now over and finished. This is another way we know these events of Rev. didn't happen in 70 AD for we are still in this flesh age.

So that's why God said not to write what the thunders said becaue by the time you hear the thunder, the lightning is long past.

This is also why the thunders are sealed. By the time the thunders take place; you will have already lived through it and it will be history to you.

v. 7 *mystery of God/finished.

*mystery. what mystery?

Jesus said many times, "It is written". What is written will come to pass. All the prophecies uttered by the prophets, and disciples, as well as our Lord, referring to these latter days, is what the thunders revealed.

v. 9 *eat the book

The little book in the Bible. This book isn't sealed and never has been to you as a believer.

*eat is a Hebrewism for receiving knowledge.

v.11, And he said unto me, (John) Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

How would John do this?

What day was John in at this time? This happened on the last day of this earth [flesh] age. The day when the seventh trumpet sounds. John then did go back to the Isle of Patmos, in 90 A.D., and wrote all the things he had seen, and you and I have them recorded in our Bibles today. Through this little book, the Bible, many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings have received John's prophecies that were given to him in the Spirit, by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Chapter 11 The two witnesses

This chapter will focus on the last three and an half days which brings about the last days before our Lord Jesus Christ's return. They will warn all of mankind, and the "sackcloth" indicates that this warning of their sins is to be their only mission.

v.1 reed like unto a rod, 'kakamos' this 'reed' was given to John not for measuring/building something, but for destruction or the tearing down of God's temple, altar and all the worship there. Why? Because is the time the antichrist will be sitting on God's throne and the people of the world will believe him.

Rise #1453 egeiro, means to rouse from sleep

"Measure the temple", is referring to the religious form, and all Satan's followers are to be measured for destruction.

worship therein, 'proskuneo' = to prostrate one's self (in reverence), do homage.

court which is without exothen =outside

leave=cast out, ekballo and is a strong term

Gentiles=ethnos=nations

Jeremiah also recorded this future destruction about 588 B.C., in Lamentations 2:8. The LORD hath purposed to destroy the wall of the daughter of Zion: he hath stretched out a *line, he hath not withdrawn his hand from destroying: therefore he made the rampart and the wall to lament; they languished together

*"The line" that was stretched out is the scepter that John has been given.

Lamentations 2:9, "Her gates are sunk into the ground; he hath destroyed and broken her bars; her king and her princes are among the Gen'-tiles [nations]: The law is no more [where the law is not]; her prophets also find no vision from the Lord."

holy city See. Matt. 4:5

tread under foot:

Rev. 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Rev. 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
forty and two months:

Dan. 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

Dan. 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished

v. 4 the two *olive trees, and the two candlesticks, a
*metaphor for 2 people as in Zech:

Zech. 4:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.

11 ¶ Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two *olive trees upon the right side of the

candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

2 candle sticks represent the 2 churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia.

These two witnesses will shed their blood as martyrs in the streets of Jerusalem, and this then would indicate that it would be two people living and walking on the earth right now. The power they use to defend themselves will be given by God when the Antichrist arrives in person. That power will end exactly three and a half days before the sounding of the seventh trumpet. That will be because God has written it in His book, our Bible. This is an important sign for all of the elect for the end is at hand.

v.6 "These [witnesses] have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they [the witnesses] will."

"These", are the two witnesses. The "waters" that these two witnesses have power over are the nations, and peoples of this earth [Revelation 17:15]. There is power granted to these two to smite peoples and nations. They can call down these plagues whenever it is necessary. When the written word comes true before your eyes, you will know what to expect next. Believe it when you see it come to pass.

As long as you are in your Heavenly Fathers care, you will not fall under any of these plagues, or torments. The witnesses use their powers only on Satan the Antichrist, and his followers.

Remember what God said back in Revelation 9:4? "Hurt only those who have not the seal of God in their foreheads."

v.7 Revelation 11:7 "And when they shall have *finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the

*bottomless pit [abyss] (See 9:1) shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

*now they have *finished their job, their, purpose for being on the earth at this time, was to be a testimony against Satan, the Antichrist. By doing this, they are also a witness to God's elect, of His Word. When this testimony is finished, The two witnesses' bodies will lie in the "street", which in the Greek text reads "plateia", or "broad place", which, more then likely is a stadium or a large hall in Jerusalem.

It is then that the entire world will celebrate. This also will set off a chain of events, and many of the prophecies throughout the Bible will occur in the next three and one half days. Satan the Antichrist will rise up and kill both of them.

Satan is the "beast out of the bottomless pit". We read this in Revelation 9:1.

When Satan kills the two witnesses, he will have taken all the conflict that he can stand by these two witness, and go against God's order to "touch not those who have the seal of God in their foreheads."

v.8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the *street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

*street, which in the Greek text reads "plateia", or "broad place"

Sodom/Egypt: Jerusalem was referred to as "Sodom and Egypt" in Isaiah 1:9-10, and Ezekiel 16:46, as well as many other passages.

The Holy Spirit of God, thus points to Jerusalem as the only place possible, to make that location completely clear.

11 The entire earth's population will be celebration over this one, except God's elect. God's elect, those seal in their mind with the truth know the end is only a matter of days and hours. The elect are in a state of praising God, and anxiously waiting for the end of the three and a half days, and the witnesses to rise...

The people of the entire world are going to come under much fear. The people will not be just afraid, but a life threatening terror. And as the two witnesses stood to their feet, this "paralyzing fear ["epipipto" in the Greek]" will grip the entire world.

v.12,Come up hither. The two witnesses arise and at the same moment the 7th trump sounds, the elect are gathered, Christ descends, there is a great earthquake, and in that quake 7,000 mend are slain.

Why would God kill 7000 men at this moment? Those are the angels of Satan will die at this time, all of them. They are the men that God will kill.

Satan's time for his story telling is over, and all those fallen angels helping him will be destroyed, a 10th part of the city falls, and the *remnant give glory to God.

*The "remnant" that is of God's election will give glory to God because it is over. The tribulation, the testing, these flesh bodies, and this earth age of the flesh will be over.

Within the hour, the earthquake that is going to split the mount of Olives will take place. A way, or path will be made for Christ's children to make it back to Him.

v.14 second woe, past...third comes quickly....The third woe comes with the seventh trumpet. All prophecy in the entire Bible dealing with the seventh, and last trumpet happens instantly at this time.

At the seventh trumpet Jesus Christ is returning to be King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

v.15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for **ever and ever.

God said in Joshua, "I will not cleanse this earth again until I return."

Heaven is now closed. Christ has returned to the earth and set up His 1,000 yr reign. This is discussed in chapter 15.
This again shows us these events didn't happen in the past.

Now after the 1,000 yrs we read:

Revelation 11:16 "And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,"

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and *hast reigned.

v.18 Now it's time for the WTJ. Where there will be judgement of rewards and punishment.

"Those that fear", is better translated "those that revere" God's name. They are those that love Him, and kept His Word.

19 "And the temple of God was *open in heaven...

*heaven is again opened and there were lightning's, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

This is the "Great hail" that we read about in Ezekiel 38:22 also. These hail stones will bring about the end of this earth age, and weigh "a talent", which is about 180 pounds each. They will fall upon Satan's forces in Israel, and on the army of Gog, or Russia while they attack this great nation; "from Rosh onto the House of Israel". The battle of "Hamon-gog" is a battle in the very end of this earth age.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
I am sorry folks for not keeping up, I am a bad OP. To tell the truth after the third or fourth chapter I could not understand Revelation no matter how many times I read it. It was like I would forget what I read as I read it. What many of you had to share made more sense but even that I had a hard time retaining. Again I apologize and I will try to keep up better, considering I started the whole thing.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Okay Chapter 12 is a little confusing. We have a pregnant woman giving birth to a Christ figure while a dragon tries to devour the child. Now is it possible that this is not Mary, but the Church and the Christ figure could be the true believers of the Church? I trully do not know. It does seem as if it is Mary and Jesus, but there has to be more to it.

Michael and his angels fight the Dragon and his angels and cast the Dragon to earth where he seeks to devour the other offspring of the woman. Now is this Mary and her other children by Joseph, Jesus' half siblings or is this speaking of the continuation of the true Church? Again I do not know for certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity