Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 05:01 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,468 times

Advertisements

My thoughts on Rev. Chapter 6
Remember these are my "thoughts"...I do not believe they are infallible and I continue to learn everyday.

in chapter 6 Jesus is beginning to open the seals...

The first four seals are the horses

white-i believe is anti-christ
red--I believe to be blood...war
black...I believe to be famine
pale...I believe to be death.

A 1/4 of the earth is given over to war, famine and plague, and by what I believe is evil..

The 5 seal--John sees the souls of those who have been killed for their faith. The are told they have to wait a little longer.

The 6 seal--Great earthquake...sun turned black ...moon red...stars fall from sky...every mountain and island removed.
many realize at this time that this wrath is from God.

I'd like to say, I'd like to hear other people's ideas on these chapters...for this is study...
study which should edify our faith...
I don't feel adequate to be saying my "thoughts" are right...they are only as I've read.

I know I've heard many say that they think these seals have already began to be opened...
I could believe that...except for the first horse....
where is the first horse if indeed these seals have already started?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
My thoughts on Rev. Chapter 6
Remember these are my "thoughts"...I do not believe they are infallible and I continue to learn everyday.

in chapter 6 Jesus is beginning to open the seals...

The first four seals are the horses

white-i believe is anti-christ
red--I believe to be blood...war
black...I believe to be famine
pale...I believe to be death.

A 1/4 of the earth is given over to war, famine and plague, and by what I believe is evil..

The 5 seal--John sees the souls of those who have been killed for their faith. The are told they have to wait a little longer.

The 6 seal--Great earthquake...sun turned black ...moon red...stars fall from sky...every mountain and island removed.
many realize at this time that this wrath is from God.

I'd like to say, I'd like to hear other people's ideas on these chapters...for this is study...
study which should edify our faith...
I don't feel adequate to be saying my "thoughts" are right...they are only as I've read.

I know I've heard many say that they think these seals have already began to be opened...
I could believe that...except for the first horse....
where is the first horse if indeed these seals have already started?
I am just trying to figure how some of these verses like the opening of seal 6 could have happened in the first century around 70AD. But it seems we have lost Preterist, who was so kind as to explain her views.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am just trying to figure how some of these verses like the opening of seal 6 could have happened in the first century around 70AD. But it seems we have lost Preterist, who was so kind as to explain her views.
It seems pretty obvious to me, because they have not happened yet. In chapters 6 through 19 we are given an unfolding chronological picture of a future seven year period of the greatest tribulation this world will ever experience. This is God's final countdown, ending with the visible return of Jesus to this earth.

Sherry I agree with what you said about the four horses.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It seems pretty obvious to me, because they have not happened yet. In chapters 6 through 19 we are given an unfolding chronological picture of a future seven year period of the greatest tribulation this world will ever experience. This is God's final countdown, ending with the visible return of Jesus to this earth.

Sherry I agree with what you said about the four horses.
Thank you for responding ILNC....so do you think the seals have began to open?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Thank you ILNC, I believe it is as you said. I was just concerned about the preterists around here because I was trully trying to understand their perspectives without debating.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Robin,
I am quiet confused as to why you are not giving your views of these chapters more in depth....
You were the one who started the thread and I kinda feel like we have been left here to say what we think...and you're waiting for the "wolves" to come and devour us.
Not meant to offend...
just truely wondering why you are not posting more since it was your thread.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Thank you for responding ILNC....so do you think the seals have began to open?
Most definitely, it is a future event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Thank you ILNC, I believe it is as you said. I was just concerned about the preterists around here because I was trully trying to understand their perspectives without debating.
You are very sweet, but be very careful when conversing with people who distort the truth of the Bible.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM

Chapter 7---I think I got behind a day?
Chapter 7 is quite a mystery to me...
so any added guidance is appreciated.

At the beginning of chapter there are 4 angels called ...the 4 angels that are holding back any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
Another angel, coming from the east comes having the next seal.
I believe the angel is giving directions to the other 4 angels. He ( I think this is the angel saying this) tells them not to let harm come until the seal is put on the forhead of the 144.000.

About the 144,000...I have heard two different thoughts
The 1st being that the 144,000 are part of the original Jewish tribes...the remnant
The 2nd being that the 144,000 is symbolic for meaning all of the faithful believers who are living during the tribulation.

The great multitude in white robes...
according the vs. 14, this great multitude are those who have came out of the great tribulation remaining faithful to God.

Some think this is where we are raptured....I, however, find that also during the trumpets...God is still protecting those who have the seal of God on their foreheads.....

Thoughts?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 PM

I believe the 144,000 are Jews from the original 12 tribes. They may have been witnessed to by Christians prior to the Rapture, when they discover all the believers are gone, they turn in faith to Christ.
Verse 14 the blood of Jesus is worlds greatest purifier because it removes the stain of sin.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Robin,
I am quiet confused as to why you are not giving your views of these chapters more in depth....
You were the one who started the thread and I kinda feel like we have been left here to say what we think...and you're waiting for the "wolves" to come and devour us.
Not meant to offend...
just truely wondering why you are not posting more since it was your thread.
No offense taken at all. I am truly interested in others views and do not want my own to get in the way. Much of what you and mshipmate have shared has covered what I see myself, but I can understand your concern and I plan to add more as we go along but where we are currently IMO is just building to something great and I am anxiously waiting.

As for the wolves coming in to devour, you are building very good cases for what you believe and I believe when the time comes you will be able to hold your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity