Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When Damascus is destroyed as prophesied in Isaiah 17, I would react...
Wow, God is Sovereign and His Word continues to be fulfilled as it is written. I'm looking up because my Redemption is so near! 4 80.00%
Wow, I've always thought prophecy was completed in the 1st century, until now. I will reconsider my understanding of prophecy. 0 0%
I'm a Christian, but this would not change my position on prophecy. Nothing will. 0 0%
As a non-believer, this would make me wake up! If this was written thousands of years ago and came fulfillment, I would KNOW the Bible to be true! 1 20.00%
No fulfilled prophecy would make me turn to God. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,672 times

Advertisements

Isaiah 17:1-3 (King James Version)

1The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

2The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

3The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.

This prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. When it happens, how will it affect your faith? This is a prophecy that may likely include or be concurrent with Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38/39. They will only further catalyze end-times prophecy.

This post remains under the belief of a pre-millenial return of Christ, so no discrediting the position. Neither is this the place to debate when or even if the Rapture will take place. For the sake of this thread, it will be assumed that there is a pre-trib Rapture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Let me add--I believe it could unfold like this:

1. Israel attacks Iranian nuke sites.

2. Iran uses Hezbollah to strike Israel and Israel responds by taking out guerrilla forces in Lebanon and Syria.

3. Hamas also joins in and Israel invades Gaza.

4. Either by proxy or direct attack, Israel is attacked by a chemical weapon(s).

5. This clearly crosses the line and Israel drops a hydrogen or neutron bomb on Damascus, thus fulfilling Isaiah 17.

6. Israel also stamps out Hamas and Hezbollah once and for all, thus fulfilling Psalm 83.

7. We now may have the hook in the jaw that causes Russia (with its allies Iran, Turkey et al) to attack Israel.

8. The world will then see God supernaturally intervene to destroy this allied force permanently, thus fulfilling Ezekiel 38/39.

Amazing times ahead!!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:35 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,089 times
The complete destruction of Damascus is one of the signs I'm watching out for. I have a gut feeling it may happen this year... in case the next Sabbath cycle (Oct2009-Oct2016) is the prophesied Daniel's 70th week. This will be the nuclear war that will plunge the World into a deep depression and will see the Prince (future AC) rises up to the occasion to mediate between the warring nations. As foretold in the Bible, he will confirm the existing 7-yrs peace covenant; and to appease Israel... will include the provision for them to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem.

I don't believe in a pre-trib Rapture... because it is clearly stated in the Bible the Rapture will happen only after the Great Tribulation... but then this topic belongs to another thread.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The complete destruction of Damascus is one of the signs I'm watching out for. I have a gut feeling it may happen this year... in case the next Sabbath cycle (Oct2009-Oct2016) is the prophesied Daniel's 70th week. This will be the nuclear war that will plunge the World into a deep depression and will see the Prince (future AC) rises up to the occasion to mediate between the warring nations. As foretold in the Bible, he will confirm the existing 7-yrs peace covenant; and to appease Israel... will include the provision for them to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem.
So I take it you would vote in category 1 (sans believing our nearing Redemption?

Quote:
I don't believe in a pre-trib Rapture... because it is clearly stated in the Bible the Rapture will happen only after the Great Tribulation... but then this topic belongs to another thread.
Yes it would. Thank you for commenting!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 AM

It appears Israel is being left no chance but to go it alone to take out Iran's nuclear facilities. 2009 might well prove to be the cornerstone of days that catapults the world into the last of the end of days.

p.s. Come on people, let's see you vote!

Quote:
SHOULD WE LET IRAN GO NUCLEAR?: Incredibly, a growing chorus of “experts†says yes

U.S. and Israeli experts increasingly believe Iran could have its first nuclear weapon by the end of 2009 or early 2010. President Barack Obama has all but ruled out military force to stop Iran, preferring instead to pursue direct negotiations with Tehran.
Entire article here: Joel Rosenberg’s Weblog

Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Let me add--I believe it could unfold like this:

1. Israel attacks Iranian nuke sites.

2. Iran uses Hezbollah to strike Israel and Israel responds by taking out guerrilla forces in Lebanon and Syria.

3. Hamas also joins in and Israel invades Gaza.

4. Either by proxy or direct attack, Israel is attacked by a chemical weapon(s).

5. This clearly crosses the line and Israel drops a hydrogen or neutron bomb on Damascus, thus fulfilling Isaiah 17.

6. Israel also stamps out Hamas and Hezbollah once and for all, thus fulfilling Psalm 83.

7. We now may have the hook in the jaw that causes Russia (with its allies Iran, Turkey et al) to attack Israel.

8. The world will then see God supernaturally intervene to destroy this allied force permanently, thus fulfilling Ezekiel 38/39.

Amazing times ahead!!
Your scenario seems about right.

The Soviets already have a protection alliance with several Islamic nations.
I think the new admin will hesitate to get involved in protecting Israel - forcing them to take their own initial protective steps.
Additionally, we still have have an executive order left by Clinton to absorb a first strike, so we're likely to stand by muttering "have you come to take a spoil?" - by the time Russia goes against Israel.

I'll have to go back and vote.
Probably #1, but other things must happen before He returns.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
Your scenario seems about right.

The Soviets already have a protection alliance with several Islamic nations.
I think the new admin will hesitate to get involved in protecting Israel - forcing them to take their own initial protective steps.
Additionally, we still have have an executive order left by Clinton to absorb a first strike, so we're likely to stand by muttering "have you come to take a spoil?" - by the time Russia goes against Israel.

I'll have to go back and vote.
Probably #1, but other things must happen before He returns.
Thanks, Richio. As far as your last statement, let's just consider the term "near" to be relevant to our own understanding. I am pre-trib and believe it's imminent, but you may be post-trib and believe it's at least 7 years away. But 7 years is still pretty near, so we can probably agree on that?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,351 times
Quote:
Thanks, Richio. As far as your last statement, let's just consider the term "near" to be relevant to our own understanding. I am pre-trib and believe it's imminent, but you may be post-trib and believe it's at least 7 years away. But 7 years is still pretty near, so we can probably agree on that?
Nearer than ever before and getting much more probable than ever before.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
Nearer than ever before and getting much more probable than ever before.
You got that right! I'm surprised there is not more interest than this. Does nobody pay attention to Middle East news? Has no one an understanding of the Damascus prophecy?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM

94 posts, read 135,529 times
Quote:
Isaiah 17:1-3 (King James Version)

1The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

2The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

3The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.

This prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. When it happens, how will it affect your faith? This is a prophecy that may likely include or be concurrent with Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38/39. They will only further catalyze end-times prophecy.

This post remains under the belief of a pre-millenial return of Christ, so no discrediting the position. Neither is this the place to debate when or even if the Rapture will take place. For the sake of this thread, it will be assumed that there is a pre-trib Rapture.
Please keep in mind Isaiah was written around 700BC and foretold the destruction of Assyria. Just as God warned Solomon of the division of his house of Israel and Jerusalem around 900BC And just as Jeremiah told about the destruction of Babylon about 500-600BC.

It helps to keep a good time-line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity