U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:45 AM

5 posts, read 5,451 times
Geezum Pete, talk about a can of worms. Look, people make it so much more difficult than it really is or was ever meant to be. God had to make it easy - or none of us would #1 understand it, #2 - Accept it.

For the Record, I believe that the Holy scriptures are GOD's Words to us. Not just the King James version but the NIV, NAS etc. However, there are some translations that are almost heretical because they were translated to establish a particular belief system. I read Greek and have the original Greek scriptures that all have drawn on for translation.

We can drag all this out into different dogma's and doctrines but the Word is very plainly written. Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved".

It also states that people can be saved just believing UPON HIS NAME. Forget trying to tell people you must do anything else other than believe. People are saved by even just believing in his name.

John 1:12 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name". The operative meaning here is "Even to them that believe" - with the Greek "Pisteuo" being the word used in the Greek. That word means - to put faith in, to believe, to trust in". Many of the people that are being referred here are those that didnt not necessarily hear the whole story but a condensed version, but gladly received what they heard and believed in Jesus by what and IN what they were told.

Everything else is merely doctrine and Paul says - quit arguing about it. When all of us quit trying to change scripture to say what WE want it to say to FIT our Belief system - we will be much happier....and Much better witnesses for Christ, and his LOVE. Thats the basis of everything Jesus came for and did here... LOVE for us - ALL of us.

I got sick of this religion/denomination saying THEY were the one true way, that one saying THEY were, and another saying the first was full of it.... My brothers & sisters, the WORD SAYS WHAT IT SAYS - PERIOD. The love of Christ is not conditional. The Love is Christ is not for ANY specific or particular denomination. The love of Christ is for any human being willing to accept him. Forget your ceremonies, forget your repititions and "you must say this, this way or you must do this first or that THEN you are saved"...BULL ... If you dont quit trying to put people through hoops... many of you are going to be very surprised when you meet Jesus.

I will tell you WHO is saved and WHO is not. It's very simple. If you believe that Jesus Christ as told in the Holy Bible is the Son of the Living God, that He is God who has come in the FLESH and was born of a virgin and DIED for your sins and my sins and is coming back again - YOU ARE SAVED. If you do not believe any part of that statement - You are NOT saved. Its as simple as that....it HAD to be.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM

9,998 posts, read 8,500,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Maybe you've found a god within you, Bluefly.

But it's dishonest to call that a Christian perspective.

God (of the Bible, the Christian God, The One True God) isn't found within us. He desires to have a relationship with us....but we have not been invaded by Him.

That's fine if that's your belief.....but labeling that 'Christian' is very inaccurate.
I do not claim to be an institutional Christian. Your mistake is in assuming that Christ's teachings come only through the Bible and attempting to restrict those able to follow his ways by only those who worship a false idol - a book.

You make these incredibly arrogant statements like "God (of the Bible, The Christian God, The One True God)" and expect me to simply walk away from it and accept that you know what you're talking about and I do not.

You are insulting and denigrating spiritual truths in Christ that others have experienced beyond your grasp of reality, and it is hurtful.

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

What those of us on here from the transcendent perspective are trying to demonstrate is that we have experienced on a level you have not yet a far more profound understanding of Christ. He walked this earth with seven chakras illuminated and we are elevating our consciousness toward that seven. Some are at 4 or 5. You're probably only at 2 (rooted in the physical, material).

And yes, Carolina, that is most certainly pantheism.

I challenge all of you to test what we say - to ask God to allow you the freedom to challenge what we are saying without retribution. Step outside your beliefs and walk a mile in the shoes of another to try to understand the worldview you condemn.

A good beginner's place is "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch. Take those ideas - not as sacred - but implement them in your life. They are condemned by fundamentalists without a second thought, but test them, challenge them. Do so with an open mind that it could be right and see which path truly brings you closer to Christ. That's the only way you will be sure you know the One True God. At the very least, you will understand the worldview that so frightens you.

Until you do that, you are simply throwing your belief limited to a book in the face of our experiences that embody and transcend all life and provide the solutions to our world's most pressing problems.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM

22,643 posts, read 10,284,160 times
Quote:
God (of the Bible, the Christian God, The One True God) isn't found within us. He desires to have a relationship with us....but we have not been invaded by Him.
That's fine if that's your belief.....but labeling that 'Christian' is very inaccurate.
Oh wow, Alpha . . . I don't agree with all of BlueFly's assertions . . . but what do you think the Holy Spirit IS? It is not some abstraction . . some concept that God will somehow magically guide us. It resides within our consciousnesses and informs our conscience and guides us to the right "state of mind" in Christ. Why would you use such a negative word as "invasion?" Where do you think the grace emanates from that permeates our being when we are in Christ?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Yes. The Holy Spirit is precisely what we are experiencing within.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM

7,765 posts, read 9,308,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I do not claim to be an institutional Christian. Your mistake is in assuming that Christ's teachings come only through the Bible and attempting to restrict those able to follow his ways by only those who worship a false idol - a book.

You make these incredibly arrogant statements like "God (of the Bible, The Christian God, The One True God)" and expect me to simply walk away from it and accept that you know what you're talking about and I do not.

You are insulting and denigrating spiritual truths in Christ that others have experienced beyond your grasp of reality, and it is hurtful.

What those of us on here from the transcendent perspective are trying to demonstrate is that we have experienced on a level you have not yet a far more profound understanding of Christ. He walked this earth with seven chakras illuminated and we are elevating our consciousness toward that seven. Some are at 4 or 5. You're probably only at 2 (rooted in the physical, material).

And yes, Carolina, that is most certainly pantheism.

I challenge all of you to test what we say - to ask God to allow you the freedom to challenge what we are saying without retribution. Step outside your beliefs and walk a mile in the shoes of another to try to understand the worldview you condemn.

A good beginner's place is "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch. Take those ideas - not as sacred - but implement them in your life. They are condemned by fundamentalists without a second thought, but test them, challenge them. Do so with an open mind that it could be right and see which path truly brings you closer to Christ. That's the only way you will be sure you know the One True God. At the very least, you will understand the worldview that so frightens you.

Until you do that, you are simply throwing your belief limited to a book in the face of our experiences that embody and transcend all life and provide the solutions to our world's most pressing problems.
So we can not take the scriptures to be authoritative then, right?

God inspired something that we can not use as a standard to test the spirits?

Your experiences surpass God's 'inspired'(your word, I think) Word?

Sorry, bluefly.

That's mysticism. New Age theology. And a practice that weakens the Bible and cheapens Christ.

By the way, did Jesus say this:

Quote:
To you personally or are you rouging that from my 'idol'?

Does that part of my bible mold to your 'experience' so you use it and when Jesus says He is 'THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life', well you don't like that so you kick it to the curb.

Convenient.

Not Christian, but still convenient.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:21 PM

7,765 posts, read 9,308,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh wow, Alpha . . . I don't agree with all of BlueFly's assertions . . . but what do you think the Holy Spirit IS? It is not some abstraction . . some concept that God will somehow magically guide us. It resides within our consciousnesses and informs our conscience and guides us to the right "state of mind" in Christ. Why would you use such a negative word as "invasion?" Where do you think the grace emanates from that permeates our being when we are in Christ?
I think the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead.

Just like God the Father and Jesus Christ, His Son.

And magic is exactly what you and bluefly seem to imply. "There's some magical force within us that we call god and none of you have experienced it so we are uber-holy to your insignificant book."

Nice and all and I'm sure that helps you through life....but won't do much for you in death and it's NOT Christian.

God is an real entity.

So is Jesus.

So is Holy Spirit.

You guys make it sound like God is some state of mind. And He isn't.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,259,304 times
Quote:

That's mysticism. New Age theology. And a practice that weakens the Bible and cheapens Christ.
Which is exactly why I started the CSM Deception thread. Thanks for pointing this out here!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I think the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead.

Just like God the Father and Jesus Christ, His Son.

And magic is exactly what you and bluefly seem to imply. "There's some magical force within us that we call god and none of you have experienced it so we are uber-holy to your insignificant book."

Nice and all and I'm sure that helps you through life....but won't do much for you in death and it's NOT Christian.

God is an real entity.

So is Jesus.

So is Holy Spirit.

You guys make it sound like God is some state of mind. And He isn't.
Yes, and all the mystical experiences in the Bible and flying angels and such are okay because they happened "back then" so they were "God's word". Today, they happen and they are merely ideas.

Right.

I asked you to challenge my experiences. You do not seem willing to step beyond your beliefs.

So, you have chosen your path. In so doing, you will block yourself from experiencing what we speak of because you will tell the universe that you are not ready for that level of awareness. You will be given a perception of reality that supports and reflects you beliefs and you will continue to believe that you are "saved" and I am "not" simply because I am born again in a manner that you cannot yet grasp.

That is fine. Just do not judge those that you do not understand. Keep that in mind throughout your life.

And, yes, I believe it is applicable:

Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,259,304 times
This is answer to Mystic's post from the CSM thread (this thread is more appropriate):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Unfortunately your attitude is a prime example of a lack of belief in the existence of ONE GOD and supplanting it with a belief in ONE SET OF BELIEVERS in God. It is utterly preposterous to assume that the Supreme God of the Universe would select only a handful of mindless robot pets performing ten obedience tricks to please their Master in hope of reward or avoidance of punishment! What of the rest of God's creation? Boundless absurdity!
Ok, let's back up a few steps. Since you have admitted your acceptance that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and that Jesus is the Word, please tell me how you interpret the following:

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 3:5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You[c] must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[h]

Ephesians 2:8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,076,129 times
Mystic and Bluefly, if what you say is the true way then how are we to test the spirits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity