U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:41 PM

20,086 posts, read 8,740,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Interesting and good points made. There is definitely a modern day movement to distance from the Bible when it disagrees with modern "New Age" personal gut feelings and call the bible corrupted. Then the only way of truth is thru the mysticism practice of the afore mentioned channeling practice common among wiccans and spiritualists. The question then is, "How does one know whether they are actually speaking directly with Jesus and the Apostles or perhaps communicating with the "Angel of Light" that Paul mentioned in his warnings ???

In view of what John said about testing out every claimed inspired expression or spirit, there should definitely be a heightened "RED Flag" - Among Bible Readers.
WARNING RANT:This is just superstitious primitive thinking. Let me clear a few things up about these confused and ignorant musings over meditation and the spiritual dimension of our reality. Is there a spiritual dimension to our reality . . . yes. Can we access it using our brain circuits during meditation . . . yes. Without such circuits how would we ever receive inspiration? Is there any way that the access provides two-way communication . . . very limited to "sensing" visual and non verbal representations . . . sporadic and unreliable with no ability to discern the source . . . (the human collective consciousness and our own subconscious provide too many "sources"). Can we at least distinguish between our own subconscious and "other". . . yes but only through disciplined conscious control . . . until you reach the "end state" (oneness). Can we access the end state of our reality . . . yes. Can we receive non-verbal impressions from it . . . yes. Is there two-way communication . . . again limited to "sensing" and yes or no "knowing" . . . no words or discourse or discussions or explanations or revelations or . . whatever.

As someone with access to these altered states under conscious control . . . I assure you there has never been (in over 40 years) ANY "channeling" or "speaking" with spirits or any "Angel of Light". . . no receiving detailed discourses, communications or revelations or whatever. IMO, most of those doing so are either dealing with their own subconscious, deluding themselves, or con artists. I thought we were supposed to leave such "witch doctor" mentalities behind and mature as loving Christians following Christ's unambiguous example . . . not adhering to some primitive fear-driven understandings of a wrathful Jehovah or evil Demons or . . . whatever. Really . . . is this the 2ist Century or what? OK . . . I'm ready for the flame-throwers!

PS. . . . My biggest spiritual concern (a true double-edged sword) is that we might actually be creating our own ultimate reality and fate by what we create and/or harbor in our very own consciousnesses . . . the ultimate GIGO problem! It tends to keep me squarely focused on my thoughts and their content as much as possible . . . liberally populated with love and joyful expectations.

Unread 03-07-2009, 05:36 PM

1,597 posts, read 518,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
No, I have not read them. And I don't adhere to the Nicene Creed or any man-made tradition and teachings of the catholic church.
So you have no interest in, nor respect for, church authority...?

Unread 03-07-2009, 06:13 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,875,273 times
It's pretty simple, aquila.

Carolina_Guy is from this relatively new phenomenon of people interpreting the Bible for themselves without a church. It is a movement that has roots in the 19th century tent revivals but really didn't catch storm until about the 1970s as a formidable movement. A lot of it is rooted in quite mystical intentions of people seeking a charismatic, direct experience with God as opposed to a filter of the church.

Every conversation about the advancement of humankind toward peace, unity, and love comes back to a literalist, modern interpretation of scripture. I'm not sure it's worth debating him on it. We've had prolific discussions already and he simply believes that Christ speaks first and foremost through a book compile centuries after he lived.

That is his journey and we should respect that. I, personally, could see believing that had he actually written the book, or perhaps being Catholic (the church that Christ directed Peter to build upon his rock and the first church of Christ). But, this is what he is adherent to for his own journey so best to allow him that journey. You're just going to go 'round in circles.

Last edited by Bluefly; 03-07-2009 at 06:39 PM..

Unread 03-07-2009, 06:46 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,959,789 times
I have to disagree, Mystic Phd.

I'm in contact with someone who has been a receiver his entire life. That includes visions, and communications. He is also a great healer either personal or distant. This person can even be in two places at once. He sees Midway beings (live in the spiritual but are material). And if you want proof of that, the US military knows they exist.
He has channeled spirits from other worlds as well. He can describe planets and electrical equipment we've never even heard of as well as agriculture. It's very real. You just haven't looked within yourself well enough to know. We are extraordinary creatures and God would not allow it if we weren't supposed to do it. I can give you the web site that this person has and I can guarantee you that he will know you.

Unread 03-07-2009, 06:52 PM

3,540 posts, read 3,852,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

I'm in contact with someone who has been a receiver his entire life. That includes visions, and communications. He is also a great healer either personal or distant. This person can even be in two places at once. He sees Midway beings (live in the spiritual but are material). And if you want proof of that, the US military knows they exist.
He has channeled spirits from other worlds as well. He can describe planets and electrical equipment we've never even heard of as well as agriculture. It's very real. You just haven't looked within yourself well enough to know. We are extraordinary creatures and God would not allow it if we weren't supposed to do it. I can give you the web site that this person has and I can guarantee you that he will know you.

Web site?

I'm curious

Unread 03-07-2009, 06:55 PM

Oakback,
I will tellyou only if your intentions are for the good. He isn't a bible reader nor is he religious. He works for our Planetary Prince and he's very strick on what comes into his "house". He will know if you mean harm.

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:02 PM

I should tell you, Oakback, his main purpose is to the Midway creatures.

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:20 PM

20,086 posts, read 8,740,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
All I can do is witness to my own experiences and encounters with the spiritual dimension. The three categories I mentioned are probably not exhaustive . . . but they encompass what I would consider the most likely explanations. Sorry.
Quote:
Right brain information is ENTIRELY non-verbal, period. Visual information is not extraordinary (it is routine). Actual "communications" (discussions, conversations, etc.) are not . . . and most likely attributable to the subconscious of the individual. Being a healer or psychic is possible (we simply don't know enough about it . . . despite the so-called tests) . . . but not probable, especially if money is involved. "Midway beings" are sheer nonsense (IMO). Channeling non-verbally is possible (the source would not be discernible). . . but not probable, especially if money is involved. People have wonderful imaginations and creativity that manifests in innumerable ways. There is no "supernatural" nonsense ever involved with this dimension of reality . . . it is all physics (not yet understood). Unfortunately, the reality of this dimension provides grist for charlatans and frauds of every stripe to peddle their particular schtick. I don't buy it, Rev.

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:34 PM

Mystic,

You don't have to believe any of it.

I can give you another reference and our scientists have proven it was written by superhumans (not of this world). It's a book called The Urantia Book. It was channeled in the 40's and published in the 50's. There are things in that book that no one knew of until now. So if our imaginations are wild or whatever, then why is it that something that was written in the 40's has manifested today about our universe? The writers could not have created something from their subconscience if they knew nothing about it. I'm not talking about earth science but universe science that can only be proved with technology that has only been in existance for the past 5 - 10 years. It wasn't imagination that penned that book. It was beings that were channeled from the Spirit world.

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:41 PM

Mystic,

I've channeled before and the first one I received, It was in a very deep male voice. I'm female so in no way could it have been from me. My voice is also very soft. Before I got the message, I was surrounded by very bright, almost painful to look at, white light. Was not ordinary for me. He told me to continue praying for Divine Love and as I heal myself, I'll be able to heal others. Not even what I was thinking at the time but it deepened my faith in my beliefs.

Another great book is "Love Without End' by Glenda Green. Jesus appeared to her in order for her to paint His portrait. She had several conversations with Him and wrote a couple of books. It's not about religion or anything like that, just convos about life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity