Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Now there's an objective source. Seriously though, I would absolutely jump on the chance if it's ever in front of me (to ask a Catholic authority).
It's not that hard. Surely there is a Catholic church close to you where you could arrange to meet with a priest. Have you actually tried?

There are sources you can find online. Have you really tried? Or are you afraid of what you might find out? Are you perhaps afraid to confront someone who could very likely refute everything you say? Would you even be willing to listen to them, or would you be more content to hide behind your own understanding?

I'll ask you again, and listen to the question: How is it that YOU, a Protestant, presumes to have the ability to know what the Catholic Church means in the Catechism? All I hear spewing out of your mouth is the same old anti-Catholic Jack Chick nonsense that Catholics have already refuted in the past. Yes, including the stuff put out by Matt Slick over at CARM. You're really good at coming here to CD and tossing around your ideas based on what you think you understand, but what if you went up against a Catholic heavyweight who was actually able to stand on his own against you? Are you willing to face that, or are you too afraid to discover that you might be wrong? Did you even bother to read those articles I posted in the other thread, or are you afraid to? Or perhaps you simply think YOU are somehow more able to know the Bible and truth better than a church authority that has stood the test of time since the days Jesus walked the earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 07:21 PM

342 posts, read 540,677 times
ACTS 4:12........e-nuff said......

Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM

342 posts, read 540,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
This is a clear example of False Doctrine: Salvation can only be attained through Jesus Christ.....Acts 4:12........Those who claim that there are many paths to God preach a false doctrine.....Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life.......NO ONE comes to the Father except thru Him.......
Jesus is the ONLY WAY.......

Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
It's not that hard. Surely there is a Catholic church close to you where you could arrange to meet with a priest. Have you actually tried?

There are sources you can find online. Have you really tried? Or are you afraid of what you might find out? Are you perhaps afraid to confront someone who could very likely refute everything you say? Would you even be willing to listen to them, or would you be more content to hide behind your own understanding?
You are being very confrontational. I actually have already addressed plenty of you (the Catholics in this thread) and you all seem to hold to the same belief that we share the same God as Islam, and that God may save everyone even if they don't go through Jesus. None of you have been able to refute this.

Quote:
I'll ask you again, and listen to the question: How is it that YOU, a Protestant, presumes to have the ability to know what the Catholic Church means in the Catechism?
I know how to read, that's how. And how is it that you DEFEND the Catechism and blindly accept it as truth, without really knowing what it means?

Quote:
All I hear spewing out of your mouth is the same old anti-Catholic Jack Chick nonsense that Catholics have already refuted in the past. Yes, including the stuff put out by Matt Slick over at CARM.
I just googled the catechism for reference and that is the first website that came up. I haven't even read the entire article.

Quote:
You're really good at coming here to CD and tossing around your ideas based on what you think you understand, but what if you went up against a Catholic heavyweight who was actually able to stand on his own against you?
I'm not trying to win a contest here. I'm merely trying to expose the fact that Catholic doctrine claims Islam worships the same God, and that there are Muslims who will be saved just because they have never heard of the true Jesus. They follow the false jesus but they are still saved?

Quote:
Are you willing to face that, or are you too afraid to discover that you might be wrong? Did you even bother to read those articles I posted in the other thread, or are you afraid to? Or perhaps you simply think YOU are somehow more able to know the Bible and truth better than a church authority that has stood the test of time since the days Jesus walked the earth?
Again, you are being very confrontational. You are so worried and caught up that someone might "offend" your Catholic doctrine, the one you blindly follow. I am not afraid of any conversation, and if I am wrong or do not know about a subject, I am not afraid to admit it. I also do not claim to have authority over anybody, but I do hold the Bible as a higher authority than your idol, the Catholic church. And if you must know, I believe it's very possible that a pope will lead the one world religion as the False Prophet. Now how's that for fanning your flames?

Try not to be so defensive next time, and I will respond in kind.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:23 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
So, if we are all God's children, are you saying all go to heaven? And what exactly is an ex-Christian?

p.s. And then what is the point of the Great Commission if we are all God's children anyway?
....once was Christian, now might be atheist or buddhist or Jew or Muslim or agnostic or..........like ex anything.........are you kidding me with this question? Is fallen Christian better for you?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
....once was Christian, now might be atheist or buddhist or Jew or Muslim or agnostic or..........like ex anything.........are you kidding me with this question? Is fallen Christian better for you?
No, of course I'm not kidding. I wanted to know what that poster's definition of ex-Christian is--it could mean a couple different things. I for one don't believe that a person can convert from Christianity to another religion and submit that person was never born-again in the first place. I do think it's possible for a Christian to reject God and become an atheist however, but again, perhaps they were never truly born again. Fallen Christian to me would be one who has backslidden, not one who has rejected God.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
We worship they same God, where you like it or not. we do. And who is to say they're aren't going through Jesus, whether they know it or not.

You say we worship the same God. Let me ask you this.

Did their God come to earth, as a human man, and die on the cross? Can their God forgive sins? Did their God create the universe?

Does the God of Christianity tell us to go on a holy jihad and kill innocent people, and for this we will not only be allowed to enter heaven, but be blessed with (I forget the number).... virgins?

I would especailly ask you to provide Scripture for my last question...

Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
You say we worship the same God. Let me ask you this.

Did their God come to earth, as a human man, and die on the cross? Can their God forgive sins? Did their God create the universe?

Does the God of Christianity tell us to go on a holy jihad and kill innocent people, and for this we will not only be allowed to enter heaven, but be blessed with (I forget the number).... virgins?

I would especailly ask you to provide Scripture for my last question...
I do not need scripture. Scripture has nothing to do with it.

They worship the same god, I'm sorry but they do. They worship the god Abraham, the God of Moses. Yeah, they don't worship Jesus, but neither to Jews, doesn't mean they worship another God.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I do not need scripture. Scripture has nothing to do with it.

They worship the same god, I'm sorry but they do. They worship the god Abraham, the God of Moses. Yeah, they don't worship Jesus, but neither to Jews, doesn't mean they worship another God.
Actually, to give an informed and intelligent answer, you do need Scripture and you need an understanding of the Quran and what the hadiths teach. Your answer is based only on what you think is true, and not on the actual truth.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times
Quote:
Actually, to give an informed and intelligent answer, you do need Scripture and you need an understanding of the Quran and what the hadiths teach. Your answer is based only on what you think is true, and not on the actual truth.
So my muslim friends don't know what they believe. They misled, muslims don't actually worship the god of Moses. They do, I disagree with them, I disagree with Jews, still doesn't change the fact We worship the same God. Jews still waiting for the Messiah, Muslims had another Prophet. We have the Messiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity