Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I'm sure they'll come up with some hidden meaning for those little items too....they always do.
The "out" is often, "well, the writer could not describe modern military equipment so he used the language of his day to describe thngs beyond his comprehension so his contempoaries could understand." Now, why his contemporaries needed to hear and understand something not pertinent to them and 3,000 years (plus) into the future is beyond me.

Oh, there is also the "well, mankind will be forced to revert back to ancient warfare tactics because of the hardships of the Tribulation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Well, dude, the word Bible isn't in the Bible. lol...and I'm pretty sure English wasn't used back in those days, so of course Russia wouldn't be in there. Neither is the word Iran. But Persia (Iran) is and so is Rosh, Meshech, Tubal, and Magog all of which were ancient tribes that occupied what is today modern Russia. If you don't want to participate, then please don't. But do not attempt to shut up those who study the Word and the prophecies within.
They are not Russian tribes and never were. For example Tubal and Meshech are south of Russia, and could mean anything from Georgia to Afghanistan. No one knows exactly what the coalition countries are, so to plainily say it is Russia, is misleading. Maybe it is Russia, maybe it isn't. It doesn't really matter, because what matters is that there will be a powerful coalition who will attack Israel and God will destroy that army.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Read the whole article here: A Spoil and a Prey ~ Bible Prophecy Today
I think we are fast aproching the day that this prophesy will unfold. Russia has been peddling weapons to Iran. Iran has made it's stance against Israel clear.

Egypt cannot be involved per the prophesy and since the peace treaty they have in place with Isreal, they cannot enter into this fight.

So, I think when looking at all that is going on in the middle east, I think the stage is set. Russia even has a plan called something like "the push south". It has been said that Russia wants to regain the byzantine empire which includes Israel. So, I think the motives are there and the countries are prepared.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 AM

*Sigh*

Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
well it's certainly all very confusing,to say the least.I mean if the bible says the earth abideth forever and that springtime and harvest shall always remain;it's hard to imagine it remaining when it's nearly destroyed by nukes,or any kind of weapon or weapons,for that matter.

didn't Jesus say 'verily I say unto you,some of you standing here today will not taste death',when talking about the rapture?and there are other things He said that lead me to believe He was talking in His own present tense,not yrs down the road.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Context is completely ignored by [some] when it comes to interpreting these passages. If the writer really had our times in mind, are we expected to believe this war will be fought with horses, swords and shields as the "prophecy" details?
it's right up there with locust plagues..I mean really.we can get something a little more advanced than locusts nowadays,you would think?? and no,I don't want to hear they are drones or whatever..I take it locusts mean just that.

can't we have a cell phone invasion instead? or an ipod disaster?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
didn't Jesus say 'verily I say unto you,some of you standing here today will not taste death',when talking about the rapture?and there are other things He said that lead me to believe He was talking in His own present tense,not yrs down the road.
[SARCASM]Please, I beg you! Stop trying to confuse people with the facts! Such things are often shunned around here in order to make things appear the way we WANT them to be.[/SARCASM]

Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM

now really insane..don't you know Jesus was in a time warp and talking on His cell phone when saying all this?? I mean,can't you think a bit??

Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
it's right up there with locust plagues..I mean really.we can get something a little more advanced than locusts nowadays,you would think,no?? and no,I don't want to hear they are drones are whatever..I take it locusts mean just that.
I can just see the Russian leader riding into Meggido on a pink horse leading his soldiers to battle right now. Israel WON'T see them coming, literally, from miles away!

In this "prophecy" the writer clearly has HIS "end times" in focus - the Babylonian captivity - which he believed would be followed by the times of trouble he speaks of, followed by time of peace and prosperity for Israel. He tells us early in his "prophecy" that this event would occur during a time when the Jews would be existing in their land without walls that would still have been damaged from the Babylonian invasion years before. I mean, in today's world, since when are walls protection toward an invading force, especially one as advanced as just about any military strong nation today? In the ancient world, YES, but not in today's world.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I can just see the Russian leader riding into Meggido on a pink horse leading his soldiers to battle right now. Israel WON'T see them coming, literally, from miles away!

In this "prophecy" the writer clearly has HIS "end times" in focus - the Babylonian captivity - which he believed would be followed by the times of trouble he speaks of, followed by time of peace and prosperity for Israel. He tells us early in his "prophecy" that this event would occur during a time when the Jews would be existing in their land without walls that would still have been damaged from the Babylonian invasion years before. I mean, in today's world, since when are walls protection toward an invading force, especially one as advanced as just about any military strong nation today? In the ancient world, YES, but not in today's world.
great point! walls are of no protection when you can fly right over them with a 2 ton bomb or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity