U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM

988 posts, read 1,565,293 times

Advertisements

God’s Warning To His People

Eze 3:4 And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them…

Eze 3:7 But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted.

Eze 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity;

Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned;

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Ezekiel 18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Ezekiel 33:15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 33:15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

HK

Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,876,922 times
Eze 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity;

This one should be our banner because we are willing to speak the truth to the lost so possibly they will not die in their iniquity. But we are labeled haters, we are labeled bigots because the wicked want their way to be the truth and they say to God, go away we do not love you all the while claiming to love one another. You cannot have it both ways, you must love God as He commands, as He instructs, as He is willing to inform, so we may know what love, even the remotest degree of love cannot be experienced without the love of God for all else is false.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,539,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
That verse holds the key...

Many people try to mortify the deeds of the body and yet are still living after the flesh. We need the Spirit's guidance to mortify the deeds of the body. He is ever faithful!

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

This one should be our banner because we are willing to speak the truth to the lost so possibly they will not die in their iniquity. But we are labeled haters, we are labeled bigots because the wicked want their way to be the truth and they say to God, go away we do not love you all the while claiming to love one another. You cannot have it both ways, you must love God as He commands, as He instructs, as He is willing to inform, so we may know what love, even the remotest degree of love cannot be experienced without the love of God for all else is false.

Robin - I know what you mean... the people who try to warn those who have been led astray by modern Christianity are rejected and when warned their response is close to hatred. At the very least it is scornful - but is that not the way Jesus was treated when he rebuked the religious leaders of his time by saying "repent".

Jesus said the way was narrow and few there be that find it... But you know what - it is understandable - if these Scriptures are true then those who still commit iniquity remain lost - so when they fight it is as if they are fighting for their very life - rather than submit to the plain teaching of the word of God.

I wish it was possible to make them see - but only the Holy Spirit can convict and that conviction must come through the word of God. The most we can hope for is that those who truly want to love God with their whole heart mind and soul will hear God's warnings and become suspicious of the teachings of Modern Christianity.

HK

"Why do they call me Lord Lord and not do what I say"?"

Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
That verse holds the key...

Many people try to mortify the deeds of the body and yet are still living after the flesh. We need the Spirit's guidance to mortify the deeds of the body. He is ever faithful!

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Yes, that is a key verse - which proves that Paul understood that there is something we must do in agreement with the Holy Spirit to receive eternal life.

He was clear who it was that walked after the flesh - those who do not submit to God's law...

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Those who continue to knowingly disobey God's commandments are not subject to the law of God - they are carnally minded.

HK

Old 03-12-2009, 07:48 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,314,809 times
Quote:
God’s Warning To His People

Eze 3:4 And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them…

Eze 3:7 But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted.

Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned;

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Ezekiel 18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

HK
God is serious when He warns us or tells us these things. But people take God lightly and don't take Him serious. God is a loving God, but God is also a God that will deal with you according to your sins, or your doings. So, this life or God is not a joke.

I would never want to be an enemy of God. HE is not to be taking lightly.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
God is serious when He warns us or tells us these things. But people take God lightly and don't take Him serious. God is a loving God, but God is also a God that will deal with you according to your sins, or your doings. So, this life or God is not a joke.

I would never want to be an enemy of God. HE is not to be taking lightly.

Well said Shawn - The Proverbs say that the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom and that by the fear of God men depart form evil.

Satan's key strategy is to remove the fear of God. Which is reflected in the popular teachings of modern Christianity that say we can sin without fear of losing salvation or destruction on judgment day.

It is the same deception which he used on Eve - even if you disobey God - Ye shall not surely die". It works as well today as then.

HK

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Well said Shawn - The Proverbs say that the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom and that by the fear of God men depart form evil.

Satan's key strategy is to remove the fear of God. Which is reflected in the popular teachings of modern Christianity that say we can sin without fear of losing salvation or destruction on judgment day.

It is the same deception which he used on Eve - even if you disobey God - Ye shall not surely die". It works as well today as then.

HK
This is exactly what is happening to the world. All are being lied to as Eve was and many are falling for the lie.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 PM

37,115 posts, read 24,955,097 times
Quote:
Harold, Harold . . . the BEGINNING of Wisdom . . . NOT the end!! IT was absolutely necessary for our primitive ancestors who were literally savage minds with no sense of inner self-control that didn't emanate from an external source (Tribal chief, King, Pharaoh, God . . . whatever). Why do you think Jesus had to come? He brought the Holy Spirit to reside WITHIN us as prompter and guide . . . expanding the few "prohibitions" to an entire "state of mind." Do you honestly think God is interested in mere obedience to ten proscriptions . . . just for the sake of having obedient slaves or pets or robots . . . instead of maturing children?

Old 03-13-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Harold, Harold . . . the BEGINNING of Wisdom . . . NOT the end!! IT was absolutely necessary for our primitive ancestors who were literally savage minds with no sense of inner self-control that didn't emanate from an external source (Tribal chief, King, Pharaoh, God . . . whatever). Why do you think Jesus had to come? He brought the Holy Spirit to reside WITHIN us as prompter and guide . . . expanding the few "prohibitions" to an entire "state of mind." Do you honestly think God is interested in mere obedience to ten proscriptions . . . just for the sake of having obedient slaves or pets or robots . . . instead of maturing children?
I am sorry Mystic but I still cannot agree with this perspective. I personally believe they were perhaps much more enlightened than we could hope to be. I mean today we make laws that destroy unborn children and protect the sexually immoral and they made laws to stop such things. We are not evolving we are deevolving and trying to say we are enlightened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity