U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:56 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,643,856 times

Advertisements

Let's say a person has multiple-personality disorder. One of the personalities gets saved, but not the others. So...what happens to this person when they die: heaven or hell?

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 02:09 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,257,603 times
I believe the person will go to heaven. All for one and one for all...

I base my opinion on these verses. I know they're not 100% on point, but I beleive they are relative:

I Corinthians 7:12-14 (NIV) - 12To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

In your example, the 2 unsaved personalities are related more closely to the one that is saved than a husband or wife ever could be. Therefore, I feel this verse applies to that situation. And above all, God knows the heart and this person's condition and is loving and just and will always do what is right.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,205,608 times
I agree with Mams, Bud that the believing personality will go to heaven, because I think that personality is in touch with God and the indwelling spirit answers only to that personality when it is in control of the body...Wow this is a complicated question and one to really think about..

Off topic just thinking
I think Psychiatry often can help the personalities merge....Very interesting subject for me..

Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,580,235 times
I think God is merciful above all, and more than capable of extending His grace and love to such a person.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:32 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,861,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I agree with Mams, Bud that the believing personality will go to heaven, because I think that personality is in touch with God and the indwelling spirit answers only to that personality when it is in control of the body...Wow this is a complicated question and one to really think about..

Off topic just thinking
I think Psychiatry often can help the personalities merge....Very interesting subject for me..
I agree...it is fascinating!

Bud, you come up with some of the best questions.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:46 PM

5,495 posts, read 4,402,563 times
I think there needs to be a category distinction - there is only one soul - yet in this case the person has two or more personalities. It is the soul that is saved not the personality per-se. Furthermore, it is the degree of seperation in ones soul that is in view - that is someone may get angry somtimes and want to hit another person and at other times love thier child with everthing they have yet they do it from the foundation of being conscious about it. The seperation with-in the multiple personality person is one who shuts down because of trauma and the brain generates a way to deal with it in another expression without having any memory about the switch. It is not another person coming out but the same person trying to handle whatever trauma they have experienced. I am no expert but that's how I see it.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:49 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Let's say a person has multiple-personality disorder. One of the personalities gets saved, but not the others. So...what happens to this person when they die: heaven or hell?

Bud
Greetings, Bud: We each have one soul. It is that one soul who is either born again saved by God's grace or left in his lost condition. If a person has multiple personalities, they are all still part of that one soul.

Preterist

Old 03-15-2009, 04:33 PM

435 posts, read 1,048,384 times
Quote:

Bud
your question here really is what happens to some one who is mentally disturbed. And my answer is it all boils down to the persons response to their sense of write or wrong. The soul or conscience is that part in us that guides us even when we are unable to recieve instructions or be helped to come to Him. The soul can serve as God's back up system to guide us to him. Now when one is mentally challenged it is mostly their sense of reality that is disturbed, and not their soul. Where as we face our challenges in this reality, they face their challenges in their own reality. But We all have to respond to the deep voice in us. And we all fall short each and everytime. We are no different. Only the short falls appear to be different. His grace is extended to each and everyone. And to each and everyone He gives accordingly.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:23 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,817,583 times
God who is love, just, and merciful sees the illness and understands all things about us. I believe that the great Physician will bring healing and that He will also eventually restore the whole person to Himself. God bless.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,344,100 times
Quote:

Bud
What, huh,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity