Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:57 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,642,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Are you a believer in Christ Jesus, carolina_guy? If you are, great, great!! I was speaking to all who have "ears" to hear, and "eyes" to see. You don't have to be a "Christian" to believe that we are heading for a huge natural disaster. Don't get it twisted!!

Betsey
lol...I feel like Mobb Deep just answered me lol...

Yes, of course I'm a believer. But what you are saying is not found in Scripture. There is no single natural disaster that will occur, judgment will come upon the earth in many forms. By saying we're gonna be hit with a cataclysmic disaster that could destroy all of mankind in not biblical whatsoever. The earth is not going to end, it will just end as we know it. Jesus is coming back and He will establish His 1000 year kingdom on earth! Please use Scripture as your source, not the tin foil shed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,427,063 times
Island are disappearing in India...........Islands Disappear in India

http://www.groovygreen.com/groove/?p=2068

Remember the days of Noah? When the people were constantly mocking and scoffing the coming flood? Well, as it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end..............

You will believe! You will. I'm confident, CONFIDENT, some will come.

Love, Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 03-19-2009 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-19-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
lol...I feel like Mobb Deep just answered me lol...

Yes, of course I'm a believer. But what you are saying is not found in Scripture. There is no single natural disaster that will occur, judgment will come upon the earth in many forms. By saying we're gonna be hit with a cataclysmic disaster that could destroy all of mankind in not biblical whatsoever. The earth is not going to end, it will just end as we know it. Jesus is coming back and He will establish His 1000 year kingdom on earth! Please use Scripture as your source, not the tin foil shed.

With all due respect, I have my own mouth! YOU should know that by now. I also respect that you have one as well. Stop trying to "stuff" mines with what you "think" you've heard!!

We can all agree to disagree. They call it Planet X. I call it Wormwood. Who have "eyes" to see, will see and who have "ears" to hear will hear!

God is my guide. Everything that I need to know is there, thanks.

with much love and respect,

Betsey

Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,463,987 times
Natural disasters have occurred since the beginning of time, Betsey..We now hear about them almost instantly and are able to witness them through the media..For me it doesn't mean the eminent destruction of the world or the "wrath of God" unleashed on His beloved children..I fear you are listening to too many televangelists and their charismatic ways of gathering admirers for their own greed...
God is not to be feared, natural disasters happen every day and you live in Florida where lots of Hurricanes occur during their season..if you are in the path of a natural disaster just do the best you can to protect yourself and family and pray that He will protect all people in harms way from whatever the earth is doing
He did say He would return, but we are not to spend time away from Him searching for signs that simply are not there..Be ready by trusting His love..He desires to know you Betsey, as a friend, as a sister, as a protector not a fearsome, vengeful destroyer
Be happy in Christ, be trusting in Christ, listen to Him not the men of the world

Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Natural disasters have occurred since the beginning of time, Betsey..We now hear about them almost instantly and are able to witness them through the media..For me it doesn't mean the eminent destruction of the world or the "wrath of God" unleashed on His beloved children..I fear you are listening to too many televangelists and their charismatic ways of gathering admirers for their own greed...
God is not to be feared, natural disasters happen every day and you live in Florida where lots of Hurricanes occur during their season..if you are in the path of a natural disaster just do the best you can to protect yourself and family and pray that He will protect all people in harms way from whatever the earth is doing
He did say He would return, but we are not to spend time away from Him searching for signs that simply are not there..Be ready by trusting His love..He desires to know you Betsey, as a friend, as a sister, as a protector not a fearsome, vengeful destroyer
Be happy in Christ, be trusting in Christ, listen to Him not the men of the world
Hi to you too, Miss Blue. Wise words of wisdom, thank you. It seem however, that you may not know me as well as you "think" you do. Do I need to re-introduce myself? http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ce-myself.html

Still present and accounted for...............

Old 03-19-2009, 10:41 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,463,987 times
Thanks Betsey..~hugs from Bev~

Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,642,464 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I have my own mouth! YOU should know that by now. I also respect that you have one as well. Stop trying to "stuff" mines with what you "think" you've heard!!

We can all agree to disagree. They call it Planet X. I call it Wormwood. Who have "eyes" to see, will see and who have "ears" to hear will hear!

God is my guide. Everything that I need to know is there, thanks.

with much love and respect,

Betsey
You said "don't get it twisted" lol, which is something Mobb Deep says...haha...sorry, just a lame joke I guess.

Anyway, my point was that yes, calamity is coming, but there is no hope for anyone who does not have Jesus. Where is that in your message? All these messages are spouting is doom and gloom, but we have hope in Christ if He lives within us. Just food for thought.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,944,897 times
Quote:
Good advice Aurora616!
Bawwwwwwwww Hawwwwwwwwwwww Hawwwwwwwwwwww, another one heard from.....
Yep, everything from Montana on down is going to break off due to a volcano in Yellowstone.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,486,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
He is definitely talking about Planet X... a brown dwarf star the Bible called Wormwood. It is named after the bitter poisonous plant because when it passed around the sun it will cause a third of all our spring water to be contaminated and undrinkable.

Rev 8: 11: And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

wilvan: The Bible does not speak of a dwarf star--it simply says "a great star fell from heaven." Again, let's remember that this is an extremely symbolic book employing apocalyptic, figurative, prophetic language often used in the OT. The smallest star is still much larger than the earth--if one fell to the earth all would be destroyed not just a third. This is symbolism, wilvan, and not to be taken literally.

Preterist

Old 03-19-2009, 01:21 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,486,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
The video was total bull. There have always been volcanoes. Some big, some small. There have always been wars. Some big, some small, There has always been famine and poverty and bad world leaders. Sometimes things that happen are just things that happen and not prophetic turning points for mankind.
I couldn't have said it better myself, juj!

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity