U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,456,235 times

Advertisements

Day after day I come in here and see way too many Christians with weak discernment of God's word. I too was just like you and I wish there was someone who told me to study the bible, to believe in the bible and to trust the bible. Immature Christians need to stop looking at the bible through the world's glasses and start looking at it from a biblical perspective. We need to understand who God is and what are His attributes, we need to stop picking and choosing verses we don't like and take in His whole word from Genesis to Revelations. Understand who God is, what is His nature,what is His will, Why He always wants glory, what exactly is free will etc...... I beg of you Christians to study the word. You will see that the bible's way trumps anything and everything the world has to offer no matter how good and pure it may appear. The world is the devil's kingdom and NOTHING good without the true God can come from it.

I stand here as a testament and will prove to you NOTHING from the world is good. How can it be since only God is good and if God does not have a hand in it then how how can it be good? STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! Put on the full armor of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 06:15 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,375,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Day after day I come in here and see way too many Christians with weak discernment of God's word. I too was just like you and I wish there was someone who told me to study the bible, to believe in the bible and to trust the bible. Immature Christians need to stop looking at the bible through the world's glasses and start looking at it from a biblical perspective. We need to understand who God is and what are His attributes, we need to stop picking and choosing verses we don't like and take in His whole word from Genesis to Revelations. Understand who God is, what is His nature,what is His will, Why He always wants glory, what exactly is free will etc...... I beg of you Christians to study the word. You will see that the bible's way trumps anything and everything the world has to offer no matter how good and pure it may appear. The world is the devil's kingdom and NOTHING good without the true God can come from it.

I stand here as a testament and will prove to you NOTHING from the world is good. How can it be since only God is good and if God does not have a hand in it then how how can it be good?
You can stand there as a testament for yourself, but please don't lecture us on how nothing in God's creation is good. Sounds to me like worshiping the map instead of where the map ends up.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,253,634 times
You should read the bible with us, Fundy. You know we do that every day here on CD.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:23 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,903,488 times
Quote:

I stand here as a testament and will prove to you NOTHING from the world is good. How can it be since only God is good and if God does not have a hand in it then how how can it be good? STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! Put on the full armor of God.
AMEN!! Preach it brother!!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:26 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,534,076 times
Quote:

Testify brother!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,534,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You can stand there as a testament for yourself, but please don't lecture us on how nothing in God's creation is good. Sounds to me like worshiping the map instead of where the map ends up.
This is a Christian forum, so you can expect Christian discussion.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM

174 posts, read 444,136 times
We must begin to study the Bible to acquaint ourselves with the Lord; to learn to recognize His voice, determine His will, to establish and grow our relationship with Him.

What you speak is true, many are content with a general overview as interpreted by the world and by the pulpit. Unfortunately, those two avenues intersect far too often.

Each verse is as a cut diamond, with many facets. Many miss the facet which was cut for them in their times of need.

To grow in maturity is to grow in love through understanding. If you feel your Christian life is lacking, you can bet it is due to your missing out on the guidance which the Word has for you.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,903,488 times
By the way Fundy, where have you been my friend. I try to address you and you just ignore me, dont you know the Bible says "Thou shalt not ignore Robin" LOL just joking, had to give you a hard time, for some reason I am in a joking mood tonight.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times
Default Amen...and amen...and amen!

Quote:

...God bless you Fundie.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,862,585 times
Day after day I come in here and see way too many Christians thinking that knowledge of God's Word is enough...they leave out prayer and the worth of the Holy Spirit. They condemn and judge.

First we must humble ourselves...then our Potter can make of us, His clay.

Can we stop the finger pointing already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or