Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about sex with regards to abstinence and fornication?
Sex is reserved for one man and one woman when they are married 44 75.86%
Nothing wrong with "testing the waters" before marriage 2 3.45%
Nothing wrong with sex as long as you are in a monogamous relationship 6 10.34%
It doesn't matter how many people you have sex with 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I think a young lady in our teen youth program said it best:

Fornication is adultry committed against your future spouse.
It sure is. Although it's history and I am forgiven by God, I have so many regrets that I did not save myself for my wife. People really have no idea how it affects you in the long run. God is omniscient and knows what's best for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:09 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
It sure is. Although it's history and I am forgiven by God, I have so many regrets that I did not save myself for my wife. People really have no idea how it affects you in the long run. God is omniscient and knows what's best for us!
I really think that we should really try to teach our young ones that sex is not really all what it is cracked up to be. Our bodies was made for God, not for fornicating.

We are to glorify God with our bodies.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,807 times
Default so simple

Having any physical sexual gratification with anyone other than your husband or wife, including yourself!!! Yes, masturbation counts too!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,054 times
While I totally agree that God designed sex for marriage only, I also see where our country is right now, and where most of the modern world is and I wonder how we can get back to God's ideal? Because, even in the Church sex is not seen for the special gift that it is. Youth leaders and pastors can preach about it, but our teens and people that are not married are still doing it and don't seem all that worried. So I wonder what is it going to take to make sex special again?

Even I have bought into this lie before and I wish that I hadn't, and due to experiences I have learned just how special it should be. Sex should be something fun, loving and special that we do with only our spouse, yet by the time most people my age (mid 20's) realize this it is too late for us to regain and protect our virginity till marriage. I don't have the answer, but I have a lot of questions about how to pass that on to younger people, so that they see that waiting doesn't make them weird or outcasts.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:04 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
My guess is (so, it's not an absolute) the poll relects our thinking and not our reality.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
My guess is (so, it's not an absolute) the poll relects our thinking and not our reality.
You mean, what we think is right according to the Word, but not necessarily how we have acted? If so, I would definitely agree with that and originally had the poll set up differently to reflect more personal responses. I felt I was crossing a line though so decided to make it more general. I suppose though at least 1/2 of those who voted for #1 haven't practiced what they preach, and I am guilty of that myself.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Based on what June has read on these forums as regards "all things sexual" as expressed and posted by Christians , vs. her personal, life experiences thereof, she can only say that she would have to agree.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,289 times
what do we do if we have been living with some1 in fornication?Do we leave? He is not a Christian should I marry him to make thi right or leave?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:15 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
God doesn't care if you are married or not. His only concern is that you LOVE. I love my boyfriend of 8 years and not even the threat of hell will make me marry him just because a book says it's a sin to live together. What is written in the bible is just someone elses view of what they thought was of God concerning marriage.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:16 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Fornication is having a relationship that has no love. This goes for the married and the unmarried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity