Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 728 times

Advertisements

I love the Adventist but they have been so isolated, they dont know the truth if it slapped them in the face. I was a 4th generation adventist and went to private adventist schools. Something the Adventist dont know is, that regarding Sunday as being the Mark of the Beast, Ellen G. says, "In 1898 Mrs. G. White wrote:
"John was called to behold a people distinct from those who worship the Beast and his image by keeping the first day of the week. The observance of this day is the mark of the Beast." Over and over again, she says Sunday worship is the mark of the beast.
So, After a time, on account of their aggressive ways and their strong denunciations of those who observe Sunday, a few Seventh-day Adventists were imprisoned for short periods here and there for working on Sunday, and finally two of their publishing houses, one in London and one in Basil, Switzerland, were closed out for disregarding Sunday laws and laws regulating the hours of female labor.

This set Mrs. White to thinking, and she finally had a revelation directing her people, the world over, to refrain from work on Sunday wherever the law requires it and prosecutions were threatened. They have all readily obeyed. But, following this instruction, how, then, can they ever be persecuted for Sunday work?
In Australia there was a law requiring them to close their publishing house in Melbourne on Sunday. For three Sundays, after having had notice, they did not obey. Then they were threatened with arrest. What now? Did they brave the law and take the penalty as they had always said they would? Mrs. White, their divine oracle, fortunately was right there. Did she counsel martyrdom? Oh, no! She immediately produced a revelation directing them to obey the law, close the plant on Sunday, and devote the day to the Lord in religious work just as Sunday-keepers do.
Here are her instructions in "Testimonies for the Church," Vol. IX., No. 37, published in 1909. It is a square backdown from all she had published before. It avoids all possibility of persecution for Sunday work. She says: "The light given me by the Lord at a time when we were expecting just such a crisis as you seem to be approaching was that when the people were moved by a power from beneath to enforce Sunday observance, Seventh-day Adventists were to show their wisdom by refraining from their ordinary work on that day, devoting it to missionary effort" (p. 232). "Give them no occasion to call you lawbreakers." "It will be very easy to avoid that difficulty. Give Sunday to the Lord as the day for doing missionary work."

An excellent website is [URL="http://www.thespringharvest.com/patienceprence/"]www.thespringharvest.com/patienceprence/[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
As I read these things about denominations, I am SOOOOO glad the Yeshua pulled me away from all of that and made me study with him; one on one in my home without human intrepretation. I have no ill feelings against any denomination. I have friends that are Catholic, SDA, Baptist, Methodist, Muslim, Jewish and I love all of them. All of this keeps us divided and nit picking about what is not important. We should take the example of Paul when he went to Rome as he saw all of the gods they worshipped. He didn't condemn but took the opportunity to speak on the "unknown" god they had amongst the other gods. I have celebrated the Saturday as the Sabbath but when I read the Pharisee tried to condemn him for healing on the Sabbath, Yeshua reply was my Father and I are always at work (EVERYDAY) and that HE is the Sabbath. So I now take my example from Christ. I know that if I reflect the character of the Lord that alone will attract people to Yeshua.

Thank you my God and my Father for teaching me through your Holy Spirit...thank you from the depths of my heart

Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignebula View Post
I didn't expect everyone to agree with it. But hear this, I respect all people, no matter what their beliefs or denomination. This is not about gaining membership in a certain church. This is not about me. I do not think me or SDA's are the only saved. But, in the end, which is very soon, we need to be on Gods side, not Satans. There is much truth that the world needs to hear and I think those videos are a good start.

Awesome, spread the good news

1Ti 2:3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
big, we get this on occasion--a newbie stops in and has a huge controversial message to proclaim. Usually we never hear from them again after the dust has settled. I doubt we'll hear from you again as well, after this thread runs its course. The last one I recall was someone (can't remember his name) who started a thread "God made me a homosexual" It got lots of attention--200 posts or something. When the thread disappeared so did he. Went to another BBS to post the same message, I suppose, though maybe someone in here keeps him informed--don't know. You posted an awful lot of videos, dude, I doubt anyone is going to watch them, but you gave it a shot and I respect you for it. If we don't hear from you again, have a good life. Some of us will still be here 50 years from now plugging along. The world is not going to end, trust me, my friend. Find a good salvation message to preach is my advice. Give up this end-of-the-world business;it will bring you nothing but grief. You're hearing it from an expert.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 AM

396 posts, read 598,529 times
The SDA came out of the Millerite Movement who predicted the end would come in 1844! I don't judge SDA on their salvation, but I do consider their eschatological views wrong, and the fruit of the root of the Millerite Movement. !844! Do you know how long ago that was? That was before the CIVIL WAR, and yet we are still here. The problem is not only with date setting, but with an incorrect eschatological framework.

Last edited by jeapostle; 07-15-2009 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 07-15-2009, 11:16 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
I'll give a thumbs up on that, jeapostle. And as might be expected (at least by me anyhows) bignebula has flown the coop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity