Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 07:40 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,485 times

Advertisements

Who Is Hannah Hurnard?

HERE

And HERE

Unveiled Glory (Excerpt)

The things which I see now are so astonishingly and blessedly unlike some of my earlier conceptions of certain truths, and the revolution has been so great in heart and soul and mind, and is the outcome of such a long and hidden process, that it really seems necessary to give some explanation of how such a revolution came about.

The first clear link in this chain of events goes back to a certain night during the years of terrorism in Palestine…Those were perilous times…here was this poor Moslem woman desperately needing medical help and we decided to break curfew, steal away under cover of darkness and try to get through to the Mission Hospital away on the hills of Nazareth, trusting that we would meet none of the marauding gangs…

It was a strange, tense drive…As the moon at last rose over the great shoulder of Mount Tabor, the woman became unconscious…We went rushing as speedily as possible up the hairpin bends of the hills, until, at last, we reached the Mission Hospital. Then, just as the stretcher bearers gently carried the unconscious woman into the operating theatre, she died.

Continued HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8w7mGug0c

Last edited by Birdy_56; 04-05-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Thank you for sharing, Birdy. Here is something that someone shared that has blessed me:

" I was raised a Christian. From a young age, I was taught the basic staples of Christian doctrine by a loving family. I learned about Heaven and Hell. I learned about Adam and Eve, and the serpent, and Noah, and Moses, and David, and Jesus. Along with the other children I was raised with, I sang songs about Jesus, and learned all about how He became the Savior of the World. I knew it was an awesome thing that the world had a savior, and I comprehended the awesome price paid for that. However, deep inside, every once in a while, the common sense most children are blessed with at that age nagged at me. It was a deeper consideration than I was able to express, and therefore I never addressed it. It was too big and I was too small to understand what it meant. I loved Jesus, or what I knew about Him, the way a child does. But, I couldn't help but sense that for all His love and scope of reign, He undermined himself and his great gift for the world..."

Continued here

http://www.mercifultruth.com/

God bless.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you for sharing, Birdy. Here is something that someone shared that has blessed me:

" I was raised a Christian. From a young age, I was taught the basic staples of Christian doctrine by a loving family. I learned about Heaven and Hell. I learned about Adam and Eve, and the serpent, and Noah, and Moses, and David, and Jesus. Along with the other children I was raised with, I sang songs about Jesus, and learned all about how He became the Savior of the World. I knew it was an awesome thing that the world had a savior, and I comprehended the awesome price paid for that. However, deep inside, every once in a while, the common sense most children are blessed with at that age nagged at me. It was a deeper consideration than I was able to express, and therefore I never addressed it. It was too big and I was too small to understand what it meant. I loved Jesus, or what I knew about Him, the way a child does. But, I couldn't help but sense that for all His love and scope of reign, He undermined himself and his great gift for the world..."

Continued here

Merciful Truth

God bless.
Thx for posting this, Shana. I feel I could have written that story..the similarities are so real. God bless

Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 PM

You're welcome, spm62. Take care and God bless.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
John 12: 32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."
Jesus said, "If I am crucified, I will draw ALL MEN to Myself." Was Jesus "lifted up" on the cross? Of course He was. Then He will indeed draw ALL MEN unto Himself. He died for the salvation of the whole world, not just a few, and His blood has never lost its power.When all men have accepted Christ as Savior and King, even as believers in past ages have done, then He will present a perfected and completed Kingdom to His Father.
1 Corin. 15 All things (ta panta, "the All") will be put in subjection to Christ, with the single exception of the Father Himself, who will not, of course, be put under the headship of the Son. And when the all is indeed subjected to the Son, then Christ will present the entire perfected creation to the Father as a present and be subject to the Father also. This is truly a glorious destiny for the earth. This is the Creation's Jubilee.
notes from studies by Dr. Stephen Jones

God bless.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
How can anyone think that as the first Adam’s act could bring about the “ruin” of all of his descendants, that the second Adam’s act was nowhere near as efficacious to provide the remedy whereby all of those descendants would be rescued from such a penalty?

Is God simply able to imprison His enemies eternally, without being able through all eternity to make them His friends? Or, shall the skill and power of the Almighty be baffled and nullified by some millions of bits of crude material, successfully resisting His workmanship … ?
]http://salvationofall.wordpress.com/

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-07-2009 at 10:03 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Who Is Hannah Hurnard?

HERE

And HERE

Unveiled Glory (Excerpt)

The things which I see now are so astonishingly and blessedly unlike some of my earlier conceptions of certain truths, and the revolution has been so great in heart and soul and mind, and is the outcome of such a long and hidden process, that it really seems necessary to give some explanation of how such a revolution came about.

The first clear link in this chain.........

Sorry but this reminds me of a woman who lost her child in an accident and said, that she couldn't believe that God willed the accident. She convinced herself that God was not all knowing and was fumbling around trying to keep up with current events, doing the best He could, this is no different. People who question God like this do not understand so they bring God to their level so that they could understand most of the time either ignoring scripture or twisting it. God does not have to explain all His ways to us. We read His word with no presupposition of what we think God should be. That is dangerous. "Hearing something from God that contradicts scripture"

(Isaiah 55:9) "For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Quote:

"Then it seemed to me that very gently and quietly the Lord about Whom I had supposed that I must believe such things, said:
“Hannah, when you were driving that poor ignorant woman to the hospital, you were absolutely certain that I Myself was with you, and that My love and pity and compassion were encompassing you all."
Then why preach the gospel at all. I mean if we want everyone saved, we should allow everyone to remain ignorant?

Trying to figure out God by our standards is really not smart

Hannah Hurnard: Unveiled Glory
Quote:
"…hell must surely be the terrible experience of being allowed to reap the full harvest of sin and its awful fruits of misery, ruin and torment. Holy Love would so thankfully spare every single soul such an experience, but if there is no other way by which men can be brought to hate and abominate sin and to turn from it willingly and for ever, then they will be permitted to reap that awful harvest. Surely all whom Holy Love permits to pass through that appalling experience will learn at last to turn from evil with utmost horror and loathing, safe for ever after from any future temptation to plunge into it again!"
Where in the world is that verse?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 04-07-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Then why preach the gospel at all. I mean if we want everyone saved, we should allow everyone to remain ignorant?
Hi Fundamentalist, it is God's will for all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2)The preaching of the good news of Jesus is the way that people learn of why Jesus died for them. God is calling out people today to be the firstfruits of the harvest. What are believers supposed to be doing today? Are we relevant today? We are to be lights in the world, overcomers, the people of God, the witness of God's work in our lives. We are to be living for Jesus, seeking to be pleasing to God today. God is being God is working in our lives to be a blessing to others. The manifest wisdom of God is being revealed in the church. to the rulers and authorities in heavenly places. (Eph. 3:10) God is working through those who are believers to share His word with others. The preaching of the gospel is how God is calling men to Himself.

"Hearing something from God that contradicts scripture"

What contradicted scripture?

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-07-2009 at 10:12 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Many believe that it would be wrong for God to force His will upon His creatures, but Jesus is to draw all to Himself (John 12) and this is a type of force. I believe that God will effectively influence the wills of all so that they will realize their sinfulness and their need for a Savior, and as a result they will return to Him. I don't believe that this will be the result of their own free will but that this will be the result of God's ability to convince, persuade, and win all to Himself. The true light which enlightens every man has come into the world (John 1)

influence=
1.the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
2.the action or process of producing effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of another or others: Her mother's influence made her stay.
3.a person or thing that exerts influence: He is an influence for the good.

Dictionary.com

God is our Creator and we are all His offspring. He brought us into this world and we are not on His level. We are not gods and do not know all things because we are the creature. His will is that all be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. Will He not do everything within His power to bring this about? Will He not be effective? He has all power, even the power to open a blind man’s eyes. Which is an indication of love? A parent and a child go on a camping trip. The parent and the child have an argument and the child runs away willfully, and becomes lost in the wilderness. The parent goes after the child and searches for the child until he or she locates the child. The parent rescues the child , even though the child may still be reluctant to return. Does this prevent the parent from bringing the child safely back to camp? Which would be an indication of love, to allow the willful child to remain forever lost in the wildnerness because this was his or her choice or to go after the child and bring him or her back to camp? The child will understand the parent's actions in time if not now, and will be thankful. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-08-2009 at 09:09 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
And they still cannot provide a verse that says hell is temporary.
You know, I was thinking the same. I'm still waiting for the scripture of this temporary Hell, not scripture talking around what I am still waiting for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity