Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I just love/hate (means all the same anyway on this thread) it when people think they know it all!

Whoops - that probably went right over their heads!
Whoops, yes, right over their heads and..................Jesus "caught" it!!

Betsey

Old 03-22-2009, 01:23 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June cares about you enough that if you are genuinelly warning her about what you know she is 'wrong' about, she would be grateful.

June cares enough about you to recognize the true compassion in your wishing to prevent her from harming herself, but can't help but wonder how it is that you would think that she is harming herself.

June cares enough about you, and is open to hearing how you perceive that she is harming others...Particularly in light of her daily existence/profession.

June cares enough about you that she would never be unreceptive to your truth. --So long as you were willing to be respectful of hers in an attempt at our trying to understanding one another. That's how real 'truth' presents itself...

June experiences a myriad of things that make her feel good. June actually likes feeling good about those things that make her feel good. They're good things, and she does not take them for granted. June still remembers a time when someone gave her some very wise adice, or perhaps she read it in that book that someone who gave her some good advice sent her: That God wants his creation to honor and praise him in feeling good, as that should further facillitate the fact that God loves them. Hence his creating them. That God didn't mean for His creation to be miserable, but rather, to thank and praise him for that which he provided that they enjoyed...Something about the enjoyment of God. But June digresses...Feeling good is good for June. It makes June a better June. It speaks to the fact that June is taking care of June. So June is sorry that you hate her for that...It's something June feels she needs to do in order to ensure that she takes good enough care of the others in her life whom she loves...and cares about...

Like you, Robin.

June cares enough about you to be honest and tell you up front: She's not a Christian, but you already know that...And despite what you think, she's actually open minded. (But she's becoming more than a tad concerned as regards the word "hate" in your OP...)

June cares about you enough to tell you that she actually owns a Bible, and has been known to read it. And that there have actually been times that she has shared things with others that she has found meaningful. So June's sorry that you hate her for that...

Most of all, June can honestly say that she does not hate you.

The opposite of love is not 'hate,' Robin. It's apathy. Complete, total absence of caring.

Clearly, June doubts either one of us are quite there yet.

At least she hopes we're not...How hopeless would the world be then?

Take gentle care.

Oh my, you want to know what I HATE? It's when this stupid software says I can't rep someone without "passing it around first", or some-such silly thing....GRRR!
Gonna rep you when I can June!

Bud (taking gentle care, of course)

Bud

Old 03-22-2009, 05:49 AM

19 posts, read 46,729 times
Heehee, makes sense to me!
God bless,

Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Better be careful Robin - the natives are getting surly.... ROFLOL

HK
Your laughter, grins, and comments are interesting.

You seem to enjoy division and strife among the brethren.

To all:

Since this thread seems to have bred what the title suggests, it's now closed.

Hate me all you want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity