Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,846 times

Advertisements

I just want to say that I love those of you who are my true brothers and sisters in Christ here.

I LOVE hanging out with ya on the Internet!

It is such a personally enriching experience for me to be among you. Sharing in the things of God together.

I know there is a lot on this forum which is not good. Many who are incredibly deceived. This forum can be a dangerous place for our spiritual health.

But, interspersed among the various posts which are not so good are the thoughts of my brothers and sisters in Christ and they are precious to me!

God bless you...every one.

Just wanted to share that.

Carlos

PS. To get the most out of my post you should read it while listening to the wonderful song at Vineyard Piano - At the Cross - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Default Dear carlos

...it is a time of God unsealing the Bible, to encourage the believers...a test for those who claim to be Christians, a test for those who are Christians...are we going to remain where we are?...are we going to grow?...no matter what, the true believers will recieve the truth from God's word, because they will search it out...search the Scriptures with all readiness of mind...may God help us to do that!! And I thank God for you carlos, and all my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus that are here on this forum...and especially I want to thank God for those who do not know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior...I love you too...and you are in my deepest, heartfelt prayers...tonight and every night. God bless each and every one of you out there! Love.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post

I just want to say that I love those of you who are my true brothers and sisters in Christ here.

June just wants to say that she cares about you, Carlos, despite her not being your sister in Christ here. She'd like to think that you still perhaps like her, though, instead.

Take gentle care.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June just wants to say that she cares about you, Carlos, despite her not being your sister in Christ here. She'd like to think that you still perhaps like her, though, instead.
Of course I like you June!! No question. You are quite a likeable person!

I hope you can understand though, that there is a special place in my heart for those who are my true brothers and sisters in Christ akin to the bonding felt by those who are physical brothers and sisters compared to everyone else. It's not that I don't love you to as a fellow person. I do! It's that you are not a sister for me in the sense I talk of by your own admission.

I wish you were...and look forward to your being one soon.

Please don't take anything I said to mean that I do not respect you or have good feelings toward you...both of which I have.

I like you June! I really do. You are a better example than many of my fellow brethren in the winsome ways in which you post.

Carlos

PS. Here is another outstanding song to encourage you all Michael Card - El Shaddai (Joy in the Journey Album Version) - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Carlos, not once but very often a very close family member told me he loved his "church family" more than me, because I was not submissive enough, because I did not follow the right doctrine, because I had friends who did not meet his requirements as christians..I wonder if Christ only enjoyed fellowship with people he had touched and caused them to believe in Him and follow Him..I don't feel any closer to my christian friends than I do my un-christian friends..I talk about the same things, enjoy the same things, and have many things in common with my Un-christian friends..In an emergency, I can receive comfort and compassion and love from my un-christian friends same as my christian frinds..Beside I have a good opportunity to do a little gardening now and then with my un-christian friends..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-20-2009 at 10:12 PM..

Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM

I am saying no differently than Jesus Himself said...

Quote:
Matthew 12:46 [NIV]
While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you." He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
What is a disciple?

Quote:
Acts 11:26
...and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
New Testament Chistians were disciples. Believers in and followers of Christ.

My brothers and sisters, spirtually speaking, are those who trust in God through Jesus Christ and are His disciples.

Carlos

Old 03-20-2009, 10:24 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Sorry, I meant no offense..

Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Gosh...Miss Blue. I hope I didn't come across as being offended. I don't think I have ever been offended by anything anyone has said to me here and some have said quite a mouthful to me.

You didn't offend me at all Miss Blue. Not at all.

I was just making the point that there is no way around me calling some my spiritual brothers and sisters and some not. That can't be helped.

Carlos

Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
I was just making the point that there is no way around me calling some my spiritual brothers and sisters and some not. That can't be helped.
Believe us, Carlos . . . we completely understand that . . . completely.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Wow Carlos, I just had the EXACT same thought about posting a thread like yours (how I love and appreciate the folks on here) and I click on the site and there's your post at the top!

LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity