U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:15 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,582 times

Advertisements

How's that for some shock & awe?

I am becoming resentful at how members here that do not believe are being treated as scum of the earth. I am tired of them being pounded upside the head every single day. What this leads to is a hardening of the heart...they will turn away from the Lord's knock.

You want to give them the hard truth? Fine. Do it and then shut up. Plant your hard shelled seed and let it go! You leave no room for the Lord to do any work after you're finished with your hard truths.

I will stand up for people that do not believe as I do. Why? Because I have respect for all humanity...simply put, I care. It is their choice to believe or not. Would I like for all to believe? Yes. Will I force it on them? No.

To any that do not believe as I: I am sorry for talking about you as if you are not reading this. I am sorry if I have not represented myself well in what I believe. I am sorry if I have ever made you feel as unworthy as I have been made to feel. I am sorry if you are made to feel as if you must be perfect for the Lord to want you to come to Him.

The Lord doesn't need perfect people. He loves us as we are when we come to Him. You don't have to believe because someone wants you to. You don't have to believe out of fear of hell. You don't have to believe at all. But if you want to, know that the Lord is not waiting to lash out at you. Not at all. He does comfort and does give you peace. He won't devour you. Please...if you ever feel a desire to know the Lord...don't turn away out of fear of what you've heard or read. Give Him a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 05:42 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Wow!

Just: Wow.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:49 PM

756 posts, read 1,990,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
How's that for some shock & awe?

I am becoming resentful at how members here that do not believe are being treated as scum of the earth. I am tired of them being pounded upside the head every single day. What this leads to is a hardening of the heart...they will turn away from the Lord's knock.

You want to give them the hard truth? Fine. Do it and then shut up. Plant your hard shelled seed and let it go! You leave no room for the Lord to do any work after you're finished with your hard truths.

I will stand up for people that do not believe as I do. Why? Because I have respect for all humanity...simply put, I care. It is their choice to believe or not. Would I like for all to believe? Yes. Will I force it on them? No.

To any that do not believe as I: I am sorry for talking about you as if you are not reading this. I am sorry if I have not represented myself well in what I believe. I am sorry if I have ever made you feel as unworthy as I have been made to feel. I am sorry if you are made to feel as if you must be perfect for the Lord to want you to come to Him.

The Lord doesn't need perfect people. He loves us as we are when we come to Him. You don't have to believe because someone wants you to. You don't have to believe out of fear of hell. You don't have to believe at all. But if you want to, know that the Lord is not waiting to lash out at you. Not at all. He does comfort and does give you peace. He won't devour you. Please...if you ever feel a desire to know the Lord...don't turn away out of fear of what you've heard or read. Give Him a chance.
OMG! That is probably the most Christian post I have seen on here yet! I bet God is smiling down on you

Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,729,972 times
You rock, Stirring Water You said out loud what is inside me.. Thank you
Righteous indignation..

Old 03-21-2009, 06:54 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,801,497 times
That is a wonderful post and one I hope more people use as an example here on CD....thank you for the time you took out of your busy day to write that It is so nice to see such kindness in here instead of the usual harsh words.... THANK YOU!!!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
For what it's worth coming from June, but...

YouTube - God is Here - Can You Feel It

Old 03-21-2009, 07:36 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,582 times
It's worth a lot coming from you... Thank you. I loved it.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:03 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,729,972 times
I am standing right alongside Stirring Waters in anger and torment for the way the unbelievers are treated here..Why can't Christians just for a minute imagine not being a believer yet trying very hard to "get it", trying to get answers, asking questions only to get insulted..Told they are purposely rejecting Him and putting the blame on them..

Children, God works through whomever He pleases and there are non believers here who have inspired me..Most of my friends are with the nonbelievers and the ones with different beliefs I learn from everyone here. and I really love everyone of them and fellowship with them...Because I am a believer does not make me better, more loved, or any more special to God than any one here..He loves us ALL..He wants us to love each other as He loves us..
Can't we all learn to sow a few seeds of kindness, love, friendship and let God do the rest?
God does the saving...not us..

Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,629,006 times
John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

I kind of rest in that one.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 PM

852 posts, read 1,199,338 times
Super nice post StirringWaters!
It amazes me so much how we think alike.
Many here have the love...so few are able to express it with written words as you do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity