Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's shaking of my head in disbelief to another post that you need to save the universe because time is running out and the world is on a fast track to hell .

Good luck with it . God is in control .

The world more than ever needs to see the reality of God in a believers life, that is why

19 [even the whole] creation (all nature) waits expectantly and longs earnestly for God's sons to be made known [waits for the revealing, the disclosing of their sonship].

They world as had its fill of Christianity according to the traditions of the organized church and it's gospel that denys the very power they confess to believe in.
Then why are you here? I'm soooo curious! Even if you believed He's coming in another 2000 years, are'nt we all working towards the same goal? To bring the lost to Christ? Or do YOU have another agenda? Talk to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 07:05 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
Last night as I was walking home from a most wonderfully delicious meal at a local restaurent I was overcome with a realization of how most people around me are headed for a Christless eternity in hell.

Tears began streaming down my cheeks as I slowly walked on. At how readily I can take advantage of the wonderful grace of Jesus in my life every day while being mostly oblivious to the need for Christ in those around me.

That realization had began as I ate at the restaurant and pondered the implications of what I believe.

And it led me ultimately to ask myself whether the choices I am making in life are in line with letting the Lord use me to reach out to the others with the Gospel or not.

My participation on this forum has been good. Still is. But I want to do more about getting the Gospel message out to those in need of hearing it. Especially out those members of our society who are the working poor. Those I see on the trolleys and buses of San Diego. Who are too poor to afford a car but who have to go to and fro to work trying to survive in these hard economic times.

So many are headed for hell and do not know the joy and assurance of forgiveness.

And what I am doing about it? Hanging out on this forum and discussing things with people whose minds, for the most part, are made up about this or that issue and who are unlikely to change their thinking as a result of anything I say.

Jesus said the fields are ripe for harvest. I don't see much in the way of ripe fields here on the forum. Rather I see a lot of people who are set in their ways and resistant to Biblical truth.

Maybe I need to change the field I work in. Don't know.

But regardless I do want to do more in line with reaching out to the lost.

So...I am wondering if anyone would like to work with me on creating a track or two that we could start handing out?

This would be a collaborative effort. If you can't write well...that's okay. I can and so can others. But perhaps you could help with teaching the rest of us how to use Google collaborative tools to enable us to work together. Maybe you could proofread. Maybe do something else.

If you speak and write Spanish or another language you could even help translate created tracks into another language.

If you are a great writer and love the Lord...I'd love to work with you too. In writing the best tracks we can. To give away freely.

Tracks that anyone can download for free off the Internet and print out to use.

Many tracks in existance today could be done better. Many are too religious. They quote King James english. They assume too much religious knowledge on the part of those they are intended to reach. I think we can do better as a collaborative effort by the general Body of Christ.

If the Lord blesses our efforts we could even encourage each other with stories of how the Lord used our track distribution efforts.

Lots of possibilities.

This is all tentative. Track distribution is certainly not the only way to reach others with the Gospel. I am just putting this idea out to see if the Lord uses the Body here to give a go ahead to this idea.

If not...that's okay. But maybe the Lord might be in this and might want some of us to do something with this.

To reach out to the lost.

We can spend so much time debating the finer points of this or that doctrine when there is a whole world dying at our feet who do not know God.

And those of us who are true Christians are entrusted with the ministry of reconciliation. If we don't get out there and reach people they won't hear and is they don't hear they won't get saved or come to know the joy of relationship to God.

I don't want this thread to be yet one more thread through which somebody pipes up and questions my saving theology. This thread is not intended to be a debate thread.

It is intended to see if there are any true believers out there who might have the idea I propose on their hearts too. Such that perhaps we can work together on it.

That's all.

If you are such a believer please respond and we can go from there. Better yet DM me and we can discuss this in private.

Carlos
Count me in. How can I help? There's so many, I see them everyday, hopeless, hungry, weary, tired, confused, down trodden, we need to let them know, THERE'S HOPE in Christ Jesus! I'll help.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
There are so many people who just don't care about God. They only care about themselves and how they feel about what they are doing. It's all about "I" not about the Great "I AM." They think they are going to live forever so just do what feels good. They are in for a rude awakening on judgement day!

God bless your concern for others.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
Last night as I was walking home from a most wonderfully delicious meal at a local restaurent I was overcome with a realization of how most people around me are headed for a Christless eternity in hell.

Tears began streaming down my cheeks as I slowly walked on. At how readily I can take advantage of the wonderful grace of Jesus in my life every day while being mostly oblivious to the need for Christ in those around me.

That realization had began as I ate at the restaurant and pondered the implications of what I believe.

And it led me ultimately to ask myself whether the choices I am making in life are in line with letting the Lord use me to reach out to the others with the Gospel or not.

My participation on this forum has been good. Still is. But I want to do more about getting the Gospel message out to those in need of hearing it. Especially out those members of our society who are the working poor. Those I see on the trolleys and buses of San Diego. Who are too poor to afford a car but who have to go to and fro to work trying to survive in these hard economic times.

So many are headed for hell and do not know the joy and assurance of forgiveness.

And what I am doing about it? Hanging out on this forum and discussing things with people whose minds, for the most part, are made up about this or that issue and who are unlikely to change their thinking as a result of anything I say.

Jesus said the fields are ripe for harvest. I don't see much in the way of ripe fields here on the forum. Rather I see a lot of people who are set in their ways and resistant to Biblical truth.

Maybe I need to change the field I work in. Don't know.

But regardless I do want to do more in line with reaching out to the lost.

So...I am wondering if anyone would like to work with me on creating a track or two that we could start handing out?

This would be a collaborative effort. If you can't write well...that's okay. I can and so can others. But perhaps you could help with teaching the rest of us how to use Google collaborative tools to enable us to work together. Maybe you could proofread. Maybe do something else.

If you speak and write Spanish or another language you could even help translate created tracks into another language.

If you are a great writer and love the Lord...I'd love to work with you too. In writing the best tracks we can. To give away freely.

Tracks that anyone can download for free off the Internet and print out to use.

Many tracks in existance today could be done better. Many are too religious. They quote King James english. They assume too much religious knowledge on the part of those they are intended to reach. I think we can do better as a collaborative effort by the general Body of Christ.

If the Lord blesses our efforts we could even encourage each other with stories of how the Lord used our track distribution efforts.

Lots of possibilities.

This is all tentative. Track distribution is certainly not the only way to reach others with the Gospel. I am just putting this idea out to see if the Lord uses the Body here to give a go ahead to this idea.

If not...that's okay. But maybe the Lord might be in this and might want some of us to do something with this.

To reach out to the lost.

We can spend so much time debating the finer points of this or that doctrine when there is a whole world dying at our feet who do not know God.

And those of us who are true Christians are entrusted with the ministry of reconciliation. If we don't get out there and reach people they won't hear and is they don't hear they won't get saved or come to know the joy of relationship to God.

I don't want this thread to be yet one more thread through which somebody pipes up and questions my saving theology. This thread is not intended to be a debate thread.

It is intended to see if there are any true believers out there who might have the idea I propose on their hearts too. Such that perhaps we can work together on it.

That's all.

If you are such a believer please respond and we can go from there. Better yet DM me and we can discuss this in private.

Carlos
I think this is great...while I don't believe that God is losing and Satan is winning, I do believe that all need Jesus and accepting Him in this life is the best choice one can make. We need to shine the light for all to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity