Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,098,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There was no one worse than me before Jesus Christ came into my world, the earthly tent I live in that is condemned is not me.

What do you have to say about Paul saying that it wasn't him sinning but sin living in him ?. You think you are the person that sins and are in bondage trying to fix it up, Paul didn't believe no such thing,he knew what it was(his old nature),he went from that kind of carnal thinking that gave sin power over him, to being spiritually minded and living in life and peace, knowing his real I am(who he really is)was the inner man that delighted after the perfect law of liberty.

It's all right there in your bible, you just need to let go of your preconceived ideas of what you think the bible is saying to see it.
1 Tim 1:15 "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost"

Paul wasn't saying that it was the sin that used to live in him until he discovered a better way through Jesus. He said he was a sinner -- the chief among sinners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
1 Tim 1:15 "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost"

Paul wasn't saying that it was the sin that used to live in him until he discovered a better way through Jesus. He said he was a sinner -- the chief among sinners.
If not then why did he say it was sin in him ?.Is cancer the person that's got cancer ?. Of cause not. Until you pastors and teachers actually believe what the scriptures teach rather than what you think it does, you will continually and ignorantly hold the church in bondage.

Paul confessed continually who and what he is in Christ, you have to be blind as bad not to see that.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-20-2013 at 02:47 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,267,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It is very simple. "elohim" in the Old Testament and it's Greek "theos" can be used of people who are in a position of subjecting or placing.

For instance, the judges in Israel would subject Israel to the law of Moses and/or Place them under the confines of that law.

God told Moses he would be "elohim" (god) to Pharaoh and by that, Moses subjected Pharaoh to God's mandate to "Let My people go."
Actually it is anyone acting with authority from God. That is why the angel in the burning bush was addressed as God. Moses is the same. It is called Agency or Shailach in Hebrew. It is all through the Bible and Jesus sued it as well.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually it is anyone acting with authority from God. That is why the angel in the burning bush was addressed as God. Moses is the same. It is called Agency or Shailach in Hebrew. It is all through the Bible and Jesus sued it as well.

That's what a Jewish lawyer is called...

Old 12-20-2013, 03:26 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
There was no one worse than me before Jesus Christ came into my world, the earthly tent I live in that is condemned is not me.

What do you have to say about Paul saying that it wasn't him sinning but sin living in him ?. You think you are the person that sins and are in bondage trying to fix it up, Paul didn't believe no such thing,he knew what it was(his old nature),he went from that kind of carnal thinking that gave sin power over him, to being spiritually minded and living in life and peace, knowing his real I am(who he really is)was the inner man that delighted after the perfect law of liberty.

It's all right there in your bible, you just need to let go of your preconceived ideas of what you think the bible is saying to see it.
It is all right there in your bible and you are wrong about what you stated...Paul was not speaking about his past life... He was speaking about his current life...

Old 12-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
If not then why did he say it was sin in him ?.Is cancer the person that's got cancer ?. Of cause not. Until you pastors and teachers actually believe what the scriptures teach rather than what you think it does, you will continually and ignorantly hold the church in bondage.

Paul confessed continually who and what he is in Christ, you have to be blind as bad not to see that.
You keep making those statements, but I have yet to see you provide an actual verse where Paul suggests he can become a god. The Bible doesn't say it.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
You keep making those statements, but I have yet to see you provide an actual verse where Paul suggests he can become a god. The Bible doesn't say it.
I have given you 2 cor 3 verse 18 that clearly states that as we behold the image(Jesus Christ is the exact representation of the image of God, not outwardly I hasten to add) we are changed INTO(not like) the SAME IMAGE. Now if you want to make it fit your poor concept of yourself, then be my guest, you will remain under the condemnation (you are know matter how much you say you believe in grace), and the proof that you do not believe in the abounding grace of God will be that you are still calling others sinners and naming and condemning what you believe is sin in them.

As he is so are we in this world.

Let me help you get over this sin conscious mentality that holds you captive and captive to sin. Do not read any scripture for a month that does not state who you are in Christ, I will guarantee you, that you will be a new man by the end of the month if you allow yourself to be convinced of who God says you are by those in Christ scriptures. Even if you still believe we are all no good sinners, it will no longer be your confession, for you have seen who you really are. Then when your little flock that's been wallowing in the same poor concept of themselves as you see that you are a new man, prescribe the same thing to them.

You'll also have the ability to make it up as you go along like I do.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I have given you 2 cor 3 verse 18 that clearly states that as we behold the image(Jesus Christ is the exact representation of the image of God, not outwardly I hasten to add) we are changed INTO(not like) the SAME IMAGE. Now if you want to make it fit your poor concept of yourself, then be my guest, you will remain under the condemnation (you are know matter how much you say you believe in grace), and the proof that you do not believe in the abounding grace of God will be that you are still calling others sinners and naming and condemning what you believe is sin in them.

As he is so are we in this world.

Let me help you get over this sin conscious mentality that holds you captive and captive to sin. Do not read any scripture for a month that does not state who you are in Christ, I will guarantee you, that you will be a new man by the end of the month if you allow yourself to be convinced of who God says you are by those in Christ scriptures. Even if you still believe we are all no good sinners, it will no longer be your confession, for you have seen who you really are. Then when your little flock that's been wallowing in the same poor concept of themselves as you see that you are a new man, prescribe the same thing to them.

You'll also have the ability to make it up as you go along like I do.
And I've demonstrated that you mangled the passage you quoted from. You're good at that.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
And I've demonstrated that you mangled the passage you quoted from. You're good at that.
What is mangled ? That I am agreeing with the text(you should love me for that) that clearly states what we are being changed INTO the image we behold?.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
What is mangled ? That I am agreeing with the text(you should love me for that) that clearly states what we are being changed INTO the image we behold?.
Repeating your out of context understanding of it doesn't mean it's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity