Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 04:23 AM

381 posts, read 798,562 times

Advertisements

i have to say yesterday was one of those days where i kept seeing God blessing me and taking care of me. these are the little nuggests of everyday life i love to chronicle.

i commute to work as a pilot. I start at 330 am.

here are modes of transportation i enjoyed yesterday:

car , plane, train, bus, on foot, back in car... arrive at base or domicile.

the flights are usually full and i have to have an empty seat to ride for free. it is a little bennie I get. I got on a full flight. it gets stressful when you want to get home but i find when i pray God seems to always get me a seat. then at philly, I thought i missed the train to center city. wrong. i made it within seconds. i surely missed the train to atlantic city. I ran at full speed from the airport train to the steps for the next one.
out of breath i greeted the conductor. I panted as i said," i didn't have time to get a ticket from the machine." (they charge more onboard. I am on a strict budget)
he said," don't worry about it." then i offered to pay for the ticket. he collected from others but to me, he said," don't worry about it."

i relaxed and finally got to the station. I had texted a co worker who I knew to be around, but he is not my brother, and when he didn't respond, I just said, "hey, i am going to hitch a ride. it is a beautiful sunny day.
the walk is about five miles from station to other side of airport.

I got picked up within 100 yards. I arrived at the office and saw my co worker. he looked shocked and had a little guilt. he had just blown me off on the text. I joked with them about the free ride. got to the crash pad and just laughed about the timing of all these sequential events.

I have found God's timing to be so perfect , down to the nanosecond.

i gave thanks and yes , my credit was no good on the train. the conductor took every one else's money, but not mine. I said to him,"you have surely blessed me this day."

what's your little nugget? have a blessed day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity