U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:52 AM

4,612 posts, read 2,580,548 times
The evil spirits of this world is not supernatural, it can not go beyond the laws of the natural, that is why many people get decieved and believe the logic and believe that must be Lord God. For example dieism supporters, The sadducees in the Bible, rejected the supernatural ways of Lord God.... By that the earth has a lot of evil spirits who manipulate man into the sin. The church plays the condemnation game and says Do not blame the devil, but that is because they support condemning the sheep, out of their control by faithlessness in the blessing of Jesus.... If we believe we cannot remove the sin nature than we reject the redemption of the cross of Jesus Christ...For example get people in the church of Christ to be free of pride and they will condemn you an say that is a proud idea. Jesus never worthy to redeem any one of pride to them. This is false ideas, their ideas about pride are in exaggerated error....The literal ideas of the sin nature teach that it is only sinman, like his instinct embedded in him, rejecting the evil spirits and the redemption of Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:46 AM

699 posts, read 519,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Garner View Post
No! We do not have a sin nature. There is no such thing as a Sinful nature and it is a false doctrine that has gone on without question. I just started some fasinating research and am learning more and more.
Jamie, if we are all born innocent and without a sinful nature, as you claim, then why do all people commit sin? Surely there must be someone, somewhere, whose pure, righteous nature has kept them on the pure, righteous path their whole life.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 AM

6,945 posts, read 7,104,847 times
Ever wonder how an infant learns to say "NO!" or "MINE!"...?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 AM

12,647 posts, read 6,486,069 times
The old sin nature is described in the Bible as;

'The old man' (Eph. 4:22; Rom. 6:6)

'Sin' (Rom. 6:2)

'Body of sin' (Romans 6:6)

'The flesh' (Gal. 5:17)

Romans 6:6 'Knowing this, that our old man (sin nature) is crucified with Him, that the body of sin (sin nature) might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.' (We will and do sin, but we are not to be a slave to sin. Utilizing the principle of 1 John 1:9, sin is handled by naming it to God, then forgetting it, and moving on in the spiritual life.

See also my link at;

Where will You spend Eternity? Posts# 64 and 69.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,265 times
We are sinners because we commit sins, but this does not rule out people having a sinful nature. We are held accountable for our actions, but our bent towards sin (sinful nature) is what leads us away from God to sin. There was only one who made it through this life sinless, and it was His sacrifice that made it possible for our sins to be forgiven, and for the Holy Spirit to transform our sinful nature into a holy one, leading us ever closer to resembling Christ. It is not that a person is incapable of sinning without a sinful nature, but capable of not sinning. With a sinful nature, every person on earth will sin in some form or other, whether in word, thought, or deed; not because it is determined, but it is the outcome of our fractured relationship with God, and the lack of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Without God's Spirit providing grace in our lives we would not do one good thing. This is just touching the surface of some extremely deep topics, but some thoughts for people to comment on.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 537 times
I believe that we humans, are sinful in nature as it is written in Psalm 51:5 (New International Version): " 5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me." But for me, this doesn't mean that it is just okay for us to sin because it is our nature. Being sinful in nature means that we do have the tendency to sin as it has been passed on to us after the "FALL", that is true, but we can be called 'sinners' if we choose to sin even if we already know all about God's laws. So it depends on you if you really wanna sin or not.

Last edited by capri_corn1974; 08-14-2010 at 12:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity