Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times

Advertisements

Fear is one of our emotions that can paralyze us in its grip in the midst of our storms...We don't have to walk alone through our storms..Faith brings His presence close and we are able to grasp His hand..

Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze

YouTube - You'll Never Walk Alone With Lyrics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,136 times
Oh Miss Blue, so very true. I once was paralyzed with fear, then God said "Come unto me and I will give you rest". I hit my knees and He took my fear and gave me strength....

Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,368,409 times
Great post Miss Blue! There are 365 fear not's in the Bible, one for every day of the week

Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,408 times
Red face The Fear of the Lord is love

I John 4:17-18 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have baldness in the day of judgment; as he is, so are in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Job 28:28 And unto man he said, behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Deuteronomy 6:1-2 Now these are the commandments, the statues, and the judgments, which the Lord you God commanded to tech you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it; that thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou and thy son, and thy son’s son, all the days of thy life; and that the days may be prolonged.

Deuteronomy 8:6 Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and fear him.

II Kings 17:36-39 But the Lord, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great authority and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice. And the statutes, and the ordinances, and the law, and the commandments, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods. And the covenant that I have made with you ye shall not forget; neither shall ye fear other gods. But the Lord your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.

I Chronicles 16:29-30 Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; bring an offering, and come before him; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Fear before him, all the earth; the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Psalm 33:8 Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of thee world stand in awe of him.

Daniel 6:26 I make a decree, that in every dominion of my6 kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel; for he is the living God, and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Luke 12:4-5 And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more than they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear; Fear him which after he hath killed, hath authority and power to cast into hell; yea I say unto you, fear him.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all they that do his commandments; his praise endureth for ever.

Proverbs 14:26-27 In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence; and his children shall have a place of refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Isaiah 33:5-6 The Lord is exalted; for he dwelleth on high; he hath Zion with judgment and righteousness, and wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation; fear of the Lord is his treasure.

Jeremiah 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the Lord, for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee; but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Proverbs 3:25 Be not afraid of sudden fear neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.

Isaiah 44:2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid; have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any.

II Kings 17:7-23 For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the Lord their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and had feared other Gods, and walked in the statures of the heathen, whom the Lord cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made. And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the Lord their God, and they built them high places. Cities from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city. And they set them up image and groves in every high hill, and under every green tree; and there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the Lord carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the Lord to anger; for they served idols, whereof the Lord had said unto them, ye shall not do this thing. Yet the Lord testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets. Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the Lord their God. And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and because vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them, that they should not do like them. And they left all the commandments of the Lord their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal. And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger. Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight; there was none left but the tribe of Judah only. Also Judah kept not the commandments of the Lord their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made. And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them of his sight. For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king; and Jeroboam drove Israel from following the Lord, and made them sin a great sin . For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them; until the Lord removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

Deuteronomy 10:12 And now Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 6:13 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear, by his name.

Leviticus 25:17 Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God; for I am the Lord your God.

Proverbs 1:20-29 Wisdom crieth without; she uttered her voice in the streets; she crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates; in the city she uttered her words, saying, how long ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof ; behold I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; but ye have set at naught all my counsel, and would none of my reproof; I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; when your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer, they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me; or that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord.

I Samuel 12:14; If ye will fear the Lord, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not rebel against the commandments of the Lord, then shall both ye and also the king that reigneth over you continue following the Lord your God.

Psalm 103:8-11; The lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide; neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

Psalm 115:11-15; Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord; he is their help
and their shield. The Lord hath been mindful of us; he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron. He will bless them that fear the Lord, both small and great. The Lord shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Ye are blessed of the Lord which made heaven and earth.

Psalm 128:1-6; Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord, that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands; happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

Proverbs 19:23; The fear of the Lord tendeth to life; and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Acts 10:34-35; Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of person; but in every nation that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him.

Numbers 14:9; Only rebel not ye against the Lord, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us; their defence is departed from them, and the Lord is with us; fear them not.

I John 4:18; There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Hosea 3:4-5; For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without seraphim; afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their god, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the later day.

Psalm 64:9; And all men shall fear, and shall declare the works of god; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

Proverbs 1:20-33; Wisdom crieth without; she uttered her voice in the streets; she crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates; in the city she uttered her words, saying how long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; but ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof; I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock your fear cometh; when your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but the shall not find me. For they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord; they would none of my counsel; they despised all reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkened unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from of evil.

Job 37:23-24; Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out; he is excellent in authority, and power and in judgment, and in plenty of justice; he will not afflict. Men do therefore fear him; he respected not any that are wise of heart.

Isaiah 54:5-14; For thy maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy redeemer the Holy One of Israel; the God of the whole earth shall he be called. For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith the Lord God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer. for this is as the water of Noah unto me; for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peave be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee. O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behld, I will lay thy stones with fair colors, and lay thy foundation with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shall thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppressions; for thou shalt not fear; and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

Proverbs 2:1-5; My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou, criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

Isaiah 12:2; Behold, God the Father is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Proverbs 3:25-26; Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Isaiah 35:3-4; Strength ye the weak hands, and confirm thee feeble knees. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, be strong, fear not; behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God the Father with a recompence; he will come and save you.

Luke 12:31-32; But rather seek ye the kingdom of God your Father; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flocks; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

John 14:1-4; Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in me God your father, believe also in me. Christ in my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I have, and prepare a place for you. I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Hebrews 13:6; So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:11 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,111 times
Fear is what makes many people turn to Christianity. In uncertain times, many people choose the Christian religion out of fear, desperation and the need to be protected.

Like a baby clinging to it's Mother out of fear. Many adults will cling to a God out of fear.

Don't fall into this trap. Vanquish your own fear.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Fear is what makes many people turn to Christianity. In uncertain times, many people choose the Christian religion out of fear, desperation and the need to be protected.

Like a baby clinging to it's Mother out of fear. Many adults will cling to a God out of fear.

Don't fall into this trap. Vanquish your own fear.
Disclaimer: This is just my humble opinion and in no way reflects the thoughts or opinions of others. City Data and its mods shall remain harmless. (But please, please, please feel free to ban me if you must.)

I am of the opinion that there are certain people in this world who out of fear, desperation and pure loneliness feel the need to pee in other people's cheerios. They are so miserable in their own worlds that they must drag others down with them. I am saddened by their inability to just "shut up" and angered to the point of response. I do not understand their need to strike out at another person's belief system. Did their mother's not teach them to respect others? Have they not learned that if they cannot say something nice, that they should just not say anything at all? Does MISERY really need company?

Blue, I was so excited to see that you are enjoying youtube now that you have discovered "lyrics". Please do not let the stupidity of others take that away from you. (Which I know that you won't, but I know how their total lack of respect can sometimes discourage you from posting.)

<><

Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Disclaimer: This is just my humble opinion and in no way reflects the thoughts or opinions of others. City Data and its mods shall remain harmless. (But please, please, please feel free to ban me if you must.)

I am of the opinion that there are certain people in this world who out of fear, desperation and pure loneliness feel the need to pee in other people's cheerios. They are so miserable in their own worlds that they must drag others down with them. I am saddened by their inability to just "shut up" and angered to the point of response. I do not understand their need to strike out at another person's belief system. Did their mother's not teach them to respect others? Have they not learned that if they cannot say something nice, that they should just not say anything at all? Does MISERY really need company?

Blue, I was so excited to see that you are enjoying youtube now that you have discovered "lyrics". Please do not let the stupidity of others take that away from you. (Which I know that you won't, but I know how their total lack of respect can sometimes discourage you from posting.)

<><
So, would you say that Christians are "dragging others down" when that call them heathens?

Do Christians drag down Buddhists and Hindus when they tell them they will go to hell for eternity, simply because they do not believe in Jesus?

Old 03-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
So, would you say that Christians are "dragging others down" when that call them heathens?

Do Christians drag down Buddhists and Hindus when they tell them they will go to hell for eternity, simply because they do not believe in Jesus?
Again, JMO...

you stepped into a thread posted in the Christianity sub-forum and made a negative response to a thread started by one of the most gracious people on this entire forum. If it had not been a thread started by Miss Blue, I would have probably never even read it. However, like many others on this forum, Christian, Atheist, Buddist, etc., I love and respect blue. She has never, ever 'drug anyone down' with her words. Maybe you should choose who and when you decide to attack. I agree that there are Christians out there who do what you have said. Maybe you could stick to peeing in their cheerios. Attack the people on this forum who seem to have the same regard for another's thoughts and feelings that you do.

JMHO.

<><

Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Again, JMO...

you stepped into a thread posted in the Christianity sub-forum and made a negative response to a thread started by one of the most gracious people on this entire forum. If it had not been a thread started by Miss Blue, I would have probably never even read it. However, like many others on this forum, Christian, Atheist, Buddist, etc., I love and respect blue. She has never, ever 'drug anyone down' with her words. Maybe you should choose who and when you decide to attack. I agree that there are Christians out there who do what you have said. Maybe you could stick to peeing in their cheerios. Attack the people on this forum who seem to have the same regard for another's thoughts and feelings that you do.

JMHO.

<><
First of all, this is an open forum and anyone can post here.

And I wasn't attacking anyone personally. I was just responding to the topic itself. I think that you know that, but you are just looking for a way to attack my credability now.

It seems as though you all don't want to hear any kind of opinion that is different than your own. So i'll leave you all alone now.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
So i'll leave you all alone now.

Thanks,

<><
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity