Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Modern Christianity is a fairy tale...

HK

It certainly doesn't resemble the first church

Old 03-28-2009, 10:06 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
It certainly doesn't resemble the first church
Thank God . . . evolution is a positive thing . . . stagnation is not.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thank God . . . evolution is a positive thing . . . stagnation is not.

I wonder if Jesus would have the same opinion?

Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,360 times
Quote:

Good question - especially since "evolution" is Mysticspeak for his version of situation ethics where there are no old fashioned moral absolutes such as the ten commandments.

HK

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I cannot accept that Jesus would want us to remain in primitive ignorance and lack of understanding while acting out of fear and mindless obedience . . . without any idea about our goal to achieve spiritual maturity sufficient to be reborn AS SPIRIT after our physical death. I am confident Jesus would agree . . . maturity is the pattern of ALL life.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I cannot accept that Jesus would want us to remain in primitive ignorance and lack of understanding while acting out of fear and mindless obedience . . . without any idea about our goal to achieve spiritual maturity sufficient to be reborn AS SPIRIT after our physical death. I am confident Jesus would agree . . . maturity is the pattern of ALL life.

On the other hand when asked what we must od to receive eternal life Jesus said:

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Apparently Jesus had not received the Mysticlight concerning spiritual maturity. Be that as it may - I think I will stick with Jesus....

HK

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
On the other hand when asked what we must od to receive eternal life Jesus said:

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Apparently Jesus had not received the Mysticlight concerning spiritual maturity. Be that as it may - I think I will stick with Jesus....
What "state of mind" are these prohibitions designed to promote, Harold? THAT is where you err . . . the "state of mind" you profess is motivated by fear and embodies mindless obedience for the sake of obedience to a vindictive Nazi God of eternal damnation. My "state of mind" is motivated by love and understanding of the reason behind the prohibitions (expanding their reach . . . not eliminating it) and resonates with Jesus in that love (which covers my weaknesses in His Grace when I falter).

Old 03-29-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:

So are you saying the apostles were ignorant and had a lack of understanding or are you saying everyone is ignorant except for you?

Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
So are you saying the apostles were ignorant and had a lack of understanding or are you saying everyone is ignorant except for you?
I am saying that the writers of the scriptures were ignorant and limited in their understanding as were their audiences . . . nothing about the Apostles or anyone else. My ignorance is no less than anyone else's when compared to the enormity of what there is to know about God and our purpose, sandgirl.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I am saying that the writers of the scriptures were ignorant and limited in their understanding as were their audiences . . .

Ummmm Sandgirl - that would be ignorant and limited in their understanding compared to Mysticguru...

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity