Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidnGoliath View Post
All you had to do was ask God if she was from Him or false...but her prophecy DID come true...
Really? She said:

"God said March will be the month of
destruction. I believe something bad,
really bad, will happen March 3. By April,
the sign in sky will appear. God told me..."

So "THE month of destruction" was a really bad ice storm? You're kidding, right?

And what's "THE sign in the sky"? (Not "a" sign mind you but "THE" sign).

Poor confused lady....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
To be fair, I believe the Lord gives a lot of prophesies that are misunderstood - primarily, that they are spiritual events that we in turn then look for natural manifestations to fulfill them.

My reasoning? That God is working in your life and mine all the time, whether we're aware of it or not. Some of these "workings" are major, some we would consider minor or insignificant; but God longs to tell His children of things He's doing (I really believe that) - and since God is spirit and works in the spirit, He can tell of things much greater than we understand...and like the bible, words are not adequate to convey the meaning.

If it's a real prophesy, the person giving it may be trying to express what they're getting in their spirit, but our language can only paint a natural picture.

/thoughts

Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Yes, good thoughts Elmer. Those visions I had a while back I may have misinterpreted completely. I now think that God may have been trying to tell me something spiritually and I took it literally. I still don't know what He was trying to tell me though!! Oh well, one day I'll know and I'll go....oh yeah! Duh!!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes, good thoughts Elmer. Those visions I had a while back I may have misinterpreted completely. I now think that God may have been trying to tell me something spiritually and I took it literally. I still don't know what He was trying to tell me though!! Oh well, one day I'll know and I'll go....oh yeah! Duh!!
I know the feeling - sometimes maturing is understanding better how God speaks to you individually. The really neat, cool, precious (whatever you want to call it) thing is God created each of us, and knows us perfectly - He can communicate with us on a level that is unique to you and your personality!

This particular lady may have done what so many others do: if they get a real word from the Lord, it may have been meant for them - but we take it upon ourselves (for many different reasons) to share it with a group - and many don't have a "place to put it".

Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I know the feeling - sometimes maturing is understanding better how God speaks to you individually. The really neat, cool, precious (whatever you want to call it) thing is God created each of us, and knows us perfectly - He can communicate with us on a level that is unique to you and your personality!

This particular lady may have done what so many others do: if they get a real word from the Lord, it may have been meant for them - but we take it upon ourselves (for many different reasons) to share it with a group - and many don't have a "place to put it".
LOL!! Yes there were many who didn't "have a place to put it". Thankfully it's gone the way of so many of my threads....CLOSED.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:01 PM

707 posts, read 1,408,211 times
Anybody that profess to know the day and the hour the world will end is a liar, the word of God clearly states " no one not even the Angels or the Son of Man knows the day or the hour only my Heavenly Father knows the day and the hour" Matt: 24:36!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity