Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
2 Corinthians 4:13 -- "We haveing the same spirit of faith, caccording as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak.

Observation

Sometimes I have to speak the Word to myself until I believe it -- then I can use that word to speak to my situation. The abiding word produces the spirit of faith within me; so I spend time with God and permit that Word to abide in me. I meditate in that Word and abide in Jesus. Then the spirit of faith is produced in me.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

I'm coming into the full knowledge now that this is the only way it will work, and that it does work, in all things
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM

2,212 posts, read 544,292 times
Default Drawing Closer To Jesus

2 Corinthians 13:5 -- "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? -- unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Observation

If our Christianity does not work in this life where we can test it, it is foolhardy to hope it will successfully transport us into eternity where, if we fail the test, we suffer eternal separation from God.
The test of truth is not an intellectual pursuit but whether you are drawing closer, week by week, to knowing and loving Jesus Christ.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-29-2009, 02:42 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
2 Corinthians 13:5 -- "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? -- unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Observation

If our Christianity does not work in this life where we can test it, it is foolhardy to hope it will successfully transport us into eternity where, if we fail the test, we suffer eternal separation from God.
The test of truth is not an intellectual pursuit but whether you are drawing closer, week by week, to knowing and loving Jesus Christ.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Amen... Albert! Thank you so much!!
I praise the Lord Jesus for giving you His wisdom to share the "Truth" here in this forum with us!!
Blessings

Old 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
He is the Author and Finisher of our faith, He works in us both to will and do of His good pleasure. I am convinced of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the Day of the Messiah Jesus.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 AM

Default The Way

Acts 18:25 -- He (Apollos) had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and burning with spiritual zeal, he spoke and taught diligently and accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he was acquainted only with the baptism of John.

Observation

In Acts, the new Christian faith is described as a "way" to follow.
Jesus referred to Himself as "The Way" and as "The Door". These expressions indicate that I can only recognize spiritual things whin I am moving along a path. As long as I have only dogma and proper teaching, I am like the person who owns all the maps in the world, yet never has set foot outside his house to see what the world outside really is like.
The scribes who know perfectly well that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem but did not consider it necessary to go there and receive Him.
The only possibility I have of meeting the One who lay in the manger is to go with reverence and commitment -- as the wise men from the east -- I have to travel a long way.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 06-22-2009, 11:53 AM

Default Seeing Christ As He Is

Philippians 3:7-9 -- But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him.

At some point I have to cease being a spiritual encyclopedia (That is, collecting more facts, opinions, illustrations and interpretations, and then presenting them as my faith).
I make a quality decision today to turn myself over to God, submit to His training and breaking, so that He can discard all that hinders me from seeing Christ as He is.....In God's eyes. My only hope for salvation from lesser things is Christ.....a greater Christ than the one I have been content with until now.

Hebrews 1:2,3 -- Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed Heir of all things, by whom He made the worlds. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Philippians 3:7-9 -- But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him.

At some point I have to cease being a spiritual encyclopedia (That is, collecting more facts, opinions, illustrations and interpretations, and then presenting them as my faith).
I make a quality decision today to turn myself over to God, submit to His training and breaking,
so that He can discard all that hinders me from seeing Christ as He is.....In God's eyes. My only hope for salvation from lesser things is Christ.....a greater Christ than the one I have been content with until now.

Hebrews 1:2,3 -- Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed Heir of all things, by whom He made the worlds. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
and how will you do this without studying scripture?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and how will you do this without studying scripture?
By exercising the FAITH you claim to have in God and the Holy Spirit, Fundy. "The letter killeth but the spirit giveth life." It is lack of faith in the Holy Spirit and the veil from the "letter" of the OT Scriptures that prevents us from fully understanding Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Do you not believe the Holy Spirit is within you, Fundy?

2 Corinthians 3

1Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
4Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. The Glory of the New Covenant

14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit

Old 07-04-2009, 10:59 PM

Default Blood Bought Rights

Ephesians 2:5,6,10 -- Even when we were dead in sins, hath quichened us together with Christ, (by grace we are saved And hath raise us together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

As a believer I shouldn't have to "try" faith. I exercise my rights as a member of the body of Christ.
He has raised me up with Jesus and seated me in heavenly places. He has given me His name, His blood, His authority, His power, His spirit.
These rights are blood bought. Jesus suffered and died to give me the rights of our new covenant.

2 Corinthians 6:1,2 -- We then as workers together with Him, beseech you also that you receive not the grace of God in vain. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 07-04-2009, 11:09 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Ephesians 2:5,6,10 -- Even when we were dead in sins, hath quichened us together with Christ, (by grace we are saved And hath raise us together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

As a believer I shouldn't have to "try" faith. I exercise my rights as a member of the body of Christ.
He has raised me up with Jesus and seated me in heavenly places. He has given me His name, His blood, His authority, His power, His spirit.
These rights are blood bought. Jesus suffered and died to give me the rights of our new covenant.

2 Corinthians 6:1,2 -- We then as workers together with Him, beseech you also that you receive not the grace of God in vain. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Amen!!
Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity