Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
What do they promote? The Bible or the world?
Do they teach another gospel?
Do they teach a different Jesus?
Do they teach more than one path?
Do they proclaim love alot yet promote sin?

Just a few questions to consider.
I think your definition would make the supposed 'tares' much much too obvious.

Apparently - a true 'tare' would say all the right stuff but inwardly they would be ravenous wolves. So, any tare/witch hunt would need to start with the ones who are doctrinally pristine and approved.

I mean - any high profile person who steps a centimeter out of line is under instant lambasting by conservative Christian organizations and deemed to be blasphemers all over youtube etc. etc.

That makes for a crummy tare according to the definitions given here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Apparently - a true 'tare' would say all the right stuff but inwardly they would be ravenous wolves. So, any tare/witch hunt would need to start with the ones who are doctrinally pristine and approved.

I mean - any high profile person who steps a centimeter out of line is under instant lambasting by conservative Christian organizations and deemed to be blasphemers all over youtube etc. etc.

^Exactly

Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I was in church for a long time and yes they do look alike, talk alike, and act alike. The big difference is in what they claim to be. I've seen so called christians do worse things that the so called heathen!
Those so called christians were the tare!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:06 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Not speaking for anyone... but we must also consider scripture as precepts and priciples. If you've ever planted a garden or did some farming you realize very fast certain weeds "mask" their true identity until they are more mature or their roots have inter-twined with what has been sowen.

If satan sowes his seeds among believers I believe it's reasonable to assume they will very close to what other believers look like. Satan probably wouldn't send a overt sinner into the midst of believers...he's too cunning and deceitful, Satan is a smart guy... he wouldn't plant ragweed in an orange grove... to obvious... he would plant something that would "blend in" and appear like wheat but not be wheat.

Yes you are right. And if there are any farmers on this thread, they can tell you that when the wheat and the tare grow to full maturity, the weed stands straight up and the wheat because the head of the wheat is ripe will begin to bow down ( worship the Lord). Then the farmer (God) can mow down the tare because it remains upright (refuse to worship).

See how our God take nature to teach of Himself.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
and if this is true... it's reasonable to assume satan would plant his bad seed where there is vibrant growth. Think about this... would satan waste his lies on something already dead? or already caught in his snares?
When you see a church struggle and they come through their struggle better, more faithful and still doing God's work... look close, for there you will find a body of believers who are God centered. When you see a body grow in times of drought (financial or otherwise), their roots run deep. As with all of us... character is revealed in our struggles not on tops of mountains.

Food for thought

Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,769 times
First off, you read your Bible... Get to know what CHRIST wants you to be...
Then, you watch and listen and learn. Remember, each person utterance will be your guide as to thier character. They may say this, do that, but, if you watch long enough, you will get to know them by thier actions and by what they speak.

I shudder when I get around a 'slick talker' who can spin your head around...I immediately RUN for the nearest exit, because they are so 'good' at what they do, they can make you think that anything they do, is right, and you shouldnt question them about it at all! (Oh yea, I have attended many churches, different sects of Christianity and denomiations and finally settled on one that I like the people as they try to do what the LORD tells them is right).

Sure, your going to find strife in any church. People arent perfect, as Christians, we are simply "forgiven" for our sins, but, that doesnt mean that we are to actively repeat them, or to swindle someone into doing something that we dont want to do, or want them to do our bidding...thats just wrong.

Getting to know the Bible, the Word of GOD will put you closer to the LORD, so that you will 'know' what HE wants you to do, and it will give you some defence against what you 'know' to be wrong, when they want to tell you that its 'ok' or right, and that maybe your not 'liberal enough' to accept this just now, but stick to it and you will find that you can accept this or that...If you know it in your heart, and the Bible says its wrong, then RUN!!!

If your Parents are Christians, see what they have to say, and see how much they are going by the 'good book'. (Now, not everything a Parent has to do is in according to the Good book as we have our faults too, and we have to react to the changing World that we live in, or raise our Children, so, be prepared for that one!).

Its your own mind that has to be made up, and its best to be in the LORD'S Arms when you make a final decision...so, follow HIS Word, and you will be safe.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

Thanks Robin;
excellent observation and reply
God's Blessing to0 you
You deserve a rep!!!
Thank you, but we must remain cautious when sorting them out because as the Lord said we may destroy the wheat when removing the tares.

I am not just responding to you but others questioned the method.

The best way I see to weed them out without destroying the wheat is to make sure they stay accurate and keep an eye on them. If they make an error question them in an interested manner and not accusatory.

Like the scriptures say be prepared in season and out of season and the tares will reveal themselves in a manner that saves the wheat.

I will use two people I like alot as examples. Ray Boltz and Ted Haggard, both men I had alot of repect for and instead of using their weaknesses to help others, they gave in and possibly destroyed some of the wheat. I know the Lord will work for His good but imagine if they were wheat rather than tares the lives they could have changed for the better. They still have an opportunity, but I am not sure they care that much.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Thanks for all of the wonderful responses

Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

This is why we must be cautious and ask questions with interest rather than accusation because even sincere ministers can make mistakes and accusing a sincere brother could cause mor eproblems than solve them.

Look how often on this site accusations or even observations are take the wrong way.

How many people have you seen on this site that reject the scriptures and even deny the Holy Spirit while proclaiming another spirit.?

How many people have we seem teaching a different Christ than scripture?

How many people promote a false gospel?

How many people go on the offensive over simple statements?

A tare will reveal themselves so long as we have and know the truth which is contained in the scriptures and we are able to understand them thru the guidance of the Spirit. Remember scripture does not contradict itself and the Spirit does not contradict scripture.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,116 times
How many people have you seen on this site that reject the scriptures and even deny the Holy Spirit while proclaiming another spirit.?

How many people have we seem teaching a different Christ than scripture?

How many people promote a false gospel?

^Please give links to the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity