Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 03:02 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,748,577 times

Advertisements

Hello and greetings to you

I like to know how do you really know that you are truly, truly saved. What qualifies you to be saved by Jehovah God Himself, yes the Bible says that if we except Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior that we are saved. But I want to know from the individual and sell how do, you know that you are truly saved. I want to search deeply into your heart, and look yourself in the mirror and asked the question in my saved. I don't want to hear that my pastor told me that I would save, because all pastors say to me that I am saved, but I see otherwise. Every one knows the Bible, what the Lord says in the word of God. You will, may have think you've found salvation. I think that everyone should examine the Bible thoroughly without doubts that you are truly saved. You must read the fine print and the words in between, and not leave out any of the interpretation of the Bible and self. One day you will be confronted with your immortality, and in the moments of that day you will feel strong conviction because of your self confidence, and be sure that is the true faith of the one true God that you carry and it is not the faith of your own you have to be sure that the spirit is truly of the true God and not of something else. The one that does not bow down and beg God for his or her eternal life is not a child of God. If there is a smidge of pride in your heart you are not a child of God. You must ask your pastor with all doubts it might truly saved, and he says yes and you say I want proof. Remember it is your soul that's at stake, and if you like to give your life to some ones and give up all of your mind, body and soul to anyone person, you better be sure that is Jesus Christ, and not an invitation of Jesus Christ. The warnings of their, the signs are there, the changes taking place and if you're not right with the true God then you are truly, truly in trouble. If you think there are good times then that is an illusion.

Ezek 33:1-9 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
2 Tim 4:1-5 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
I want you to remember one thing, that is much you had grown in your congregation and have competence of your salvation that there are those less fortunate and you are dead tonight have that you richness that you have in your congregation, that there are nations of all denominations that yet not heard the word of God, the Lord says that the first shall be last in the last shall be first, what do you really think that really means.

Examine yourselves, for the kingdom of God is at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity