Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:12 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Sons of God (who are not human) had relations with human woman - thier offspring were the Nephilim - the spirits of the dead Nephilim are the demons.
I'm just pointing out that all it says is the "sons of God saw the daughters of men" and had offspring.The rest is conjecture. Especially the 'origin of demons' part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
EB, I know about them, the enlightening me part was does any one else.
I do not Get my ideas from others,though I believe that is what others would like to believe,But then again that is how we ALL learn,from teachers, friends family,etc.Even the disciples had to be taught! ...And Fund, they were from the Sons of God(The Fallen Angels)Who married the daughters of men.It is believed that the offspring were the demons that roam the earth seeking for food and water from the hunger they cannot fill and the thirst they cannot quench,and tormenting man from which they were born......But who shall tell me I am wrong And how are any of us to know who is right?

B
tx. for the "Get". i get the notion*.

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-04-2009 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: *in all its selective and divisive consequences.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I'm just pointing out that all it says is the "sons of God saw the daughters of men" and had offspring.The rest is conjecture. Especially the 'origin of demons' part.
Not if you read The Book of Enoch. Gen.6 makes sense in light of that teaching otherwise it seems out of place. If the readers/hearers of the books Moses understood that background then the minimal account given by him would be all that is necessary in getting the point across. This is why people come up with ideas about the Sons of God being men/kings ect. ect. because they do not understand the backdrop of Gen 6 in Intertestamental Jewish Literature. And this was the common understanding of the early Church Fathers.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Not if you read The Book of Enoch. Gen.6 makes sense in light of that teaching otherwise it seems out of place. If the readers/hearers of the books Moses understood that background then the minimal account given by him would be all that is necessary in getting the point across. This is why people come up with ideas about the Sons of God being men/kings ect. ect. because they do not understand the backdrop of Gen 6 in Intertestamental Jewish Literature. And this was the common understanding of the early Church Fathers.
I'm confused. Sorry if I'm asking for a repeat explanation. Do you mean that the book of Enoch says that the Nephilim are demons?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 PM
RSH RSH started this thread

147 posts, read 258,064 times
The Spirits of the Nephilim are. The Nephilim were half angel and half human.....

Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 PM

The Nephilim were Giants

Old 04-04-2009, 01:09 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes I believe they existed as well. They were offspring of an unholy union of demons and daughters of men.
Traditional Jewish theology doesn't hold to that concept.

I've got a friend that will be doing a presentation on the Nephilim....I'll post back in a couple weeks with a summary of what he finds...should be interesting.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:12 PM

Tradition should be Questioned sometimes.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:16 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
Tradition should be Questioned sometimes.
Yes, it should. But it is something to look at when questioning a passage. We weren't there--so we need to look at commonly accepted beliefs.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:23 PM

589 posts, read 1,559,661 times
The modern nephilim are the beings we called "aliens" that travel in their flying machines (UFO's). They are not creatures from other planets but a breed of half human and half demon (fallen angel) living among us. They can't bear offspring so they abduct humans for reproduction!

The Bible warns that in the end time they will again over run the earth like in the days before the Great Flood. In ancient times they are grotesque in appearance but this time they have greatly advanced in genetic engineering that they look like normal humans. Many are probably the beautiful people the masses admire and idolize! I believe the nephilim will be the administrators and enforcers during the rule of the Antichrist in the coming Great Tribulation.

Roswell NM - Alien Resistance HQ, UFO Bible stop alien abduction info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity