Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Hmm, ok. How many times must you threaten people? Don't be scared and run away, DEFEND the faith!!

I am sure glad Yashua didn't feel te same way. They said He had devils and such, so by them saying that, they believed Him to be a 'mystic', for what else is a devil except a spirit?
All of the mystics here know where I stand with their heresy. There are beaucoups of posts regarding it. This is what Jesus had to say:

Mark 6

11And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."

I am finished going in circles with them. It's an endless argument and that's why I am not associating with them anymore. Lest they repent and revoke their false teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
All of the mystics here know where I stand with their heresy. There are beaucoups of posts regarding it. This is what Jesus had to say:

Mark 6

11And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."

I am finished going in circles with them. It's an endless argument and that's why I am not associating with them anymore. Lest they repent and revoke their false teachings.
You can't, even by using the Word of Yahweh, defend your principles about the God you serve. You place yourself up there with the disciples, thinking you KNOW the mind of the Savior? They DID. It was given to them. And not in a book, but by the Word Himself. They dusted the shoes to not take ANYTHING with them fouled and unclean. It was held as a testimony against them in the towns, but the other part missing that you cannot see, is this. It was held as a Testimony FOR the Disciples. Leave the dead to bury the dead. Who do you think lived in those towns? They believed in their God, as much as you do, if not more, as that WAS their life. They just didn't understand, not seek to understand, the Truth, and the Way TO LIFE. They loved their religion just too damn much.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill
It did?
If it didn't, we are still under the old covenant Mosaic law, according to Jesus' own words in Matthew 5:18.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Default Differences of opinion

Regarding the End of Days. So-called experts are divided. Some see it as future prophesy and others see it in a historical perspective. So much of what is written in various religions / ideologies sounds like a fairy tale. The Book of Mormon, followed by millions, sounds like science fiction to me (I have a Catholic / Christian background). Much of Islamic belief probably feels that way to the Christian and vice versa.

Heck. Throw in Santa Claus for that fairy tale feeling too.

I hear that the truth shall be told. I bet most of us, if not all, won't be able to handle it.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
If you think the Rapture is "gleaned" from merely those two passages, then you really have no idea. And who said anything about date-setting?
Yes, carolina_guy, most dispensationalists appeal MAINLY to 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15 to support their false idea of a rapture. Also, most people who believe in a rapture, believe that such an event will happen SOON. What I thought I conveyed is that the SOON time frame for a "rapture" that is pronounced by many "scholars" today will come and go many times in the lifetime of some on these boards!

Preterist

Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
It did?
What is the true nature of the rapture, broadhill? Are you sure that you have the right concept? Study again 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15. When Paul says "we," to whom is he referring? Is he not speaking to flesh-and-blood people of his day about things that were to personally affect them? Do you get a sense of expectancy in Paul's words? His words were directed at those of his day and the things of which he spoke (e.g. the dead in Christ rising first and they who were alive being caught together with them) involved him and his contemporaries. That is the mood and atmosphere in the context of these passages. Paul did not tell us to be comforted by his words, did he? He spoke directly to those of Thessalonica to "comfort one another with these words" (1 Thes. 4:18). It is ridiculous to think that they, while going through terrible persecutions and trials, often unto death, were to be comforted by some far-distant coming of Christ to rescue OTHER PEOPLE! THEY justifiably expected rescue and relief from their trials in their lifetimes!

Why do so many always make everything about us?

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity