Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:05 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
What we need is a good old fashioned revolt. If a place is owned by gays avoid it, If the place employs gays, avoid it. I do not hate the gays but what they are doing is leading this world into a slippery slope that it will not recover from until the Lord steps in.
Isn't a sin a sin? Do you avoid all places where the owners are sinners? Your local gas station could be owned by a guy living with a girl he's not married to. The bank you use could be owned by a serial adulterer. The grocery store employs all brands of sinners! Why single out gays? Just think of all of the politicians and religous leaders who came out as a "sinner." Does god see the gay as any different from the liar, the theif, the prostitute...etc....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Shouldn't laws be made concerning people's individual rights? How does gay marriage affect anyone else's rights? If the guy down the street marries another guy it won't affect me at all. Or anyone else for that matter.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Shouldn't laws be made concerning people's individual rights? How does gay marriage affect anyone else's rights? If the guy down the street marries another guy it won't affect me at all. Or anyone else for that matter.
Keep thinking that?

Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Protective laws are used for children, the insane, the incompetent... in general those who do not have full rights under the law (mostly) or who can not fully exercise their rights because of something beyond their control.

Granting special laws (rights) takes on the premise that such action will ultimately benefit society. Affirmative action for example... however by "redefining" marriage to same sex then that logic applies for all other forms of marriage... brother and sister, daughter and father. What's to prevent someone from saying I want to marry my beloved mule? where is the 'limit" on the redefinition?

Marriage is a God created union between a man and a woman. There is no exceptions to what God has created. Sorry if I seem terse.

PS ... statutes are different

Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM

29 posts, read 48,511 times
I think there is a time for humility and we also know from Jesus' expressing his anger and outrage in John 2 there is a time to stand up and say "sin is sin".

I think that the posters have hit this one right on the head. It is - sadly- I am starting to believe a successful attempt to normalize it, or call it a healthy "choice" and lifestyle.

I like what I heard: "if I came down here to earth from another planet and watched prime time TV for one night, I would believe there are more gay individuals in this country than there are evangelical christians."

All this said, I am a sinner and fall short every single day I am no better on any given day than anyone else. God knows that I needed the grace of Christ to clean up this sinner, so certainly I believe the blood of our Lord wipes a gay Christian clean the same way his blood wipes me clean. I think what has our community outraged is the fact that : Judges and the media and college professors are taking this one on their backs and riding it all the way to a healthy, normal lifestyle." and God has clearly stated it is not.
Here- Here to the posters on this thread.
I don;t know what to say guys except two things: God will have the final say & ultimate control and two as Christians-- Is this a wake up call for us and is Christ giving us an opportunity to learn something from this sad situation & to examine ourselves a bit closer. Perhaps there is a behavior in my life that I try to justify and if so and I then take advantage of cleaning that up then perhaps I can be a stronger Christian and ambassador of the gospel.
peaceofmind3344

Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
They say we Christians are intolerant of others and try to pass laws to take away people's rights but nothing can be further from the truth because we Christians know if we do that then the same can be done to us. I personally will never prevent a klans man from spouting his rhetoric or holding a meeting.
Hey I look at it like this, any group can spout what they want so long as they keep it civil and I would appreciate if they keep their clothes on.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Yeah, I'm know I'm butting in where I don't belong...but could not resist commenting Robin's diatribe of hate. I guess I'm guilty of letting my contempt shine through...but I'm not ashamed and stand behind what I said. She should be the one ashamed if you ask me.

What's all the more surprising is that you Christian folks tolerate such hate from people like Robin. Honestly, would Jesus want her to act/think in that matter? I'll defer to the experts on this forum, but I'm guessing the answer is "no". Likewise, what would Jesus think of all of you for standing aside while Robin spews her hate?

Tough questions, but walking walk has always been harder than talking the talk.

Peace...
Man this always happens to me, stop laughing Fundy. I am a male not a female and I am not hating anyone I am merely making a logical point for a peaceful protest. And to tell you the truth I got the idea from the gays who called boycotting any business that backed prop 8. So please check your hatred at the door.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Isn't a sin a sin? Do you avoid all places where the owners are sinners? Your local gas station could be owned by a guy living with a girl he's not married to. The bank you use could be owned by a serial adulterer. The grocery store employs all brands of sinners! Why single out gays? Just think of all of the politicians and religous leaders who came out as a "sinner." Does god see the gay as any different from the liar, the theif, the prostitute...etc....?
You see there is a difference there that many are not considering. Yes a sin is a sin, but others sins are not trying to get laws passed to support their sinful lifestyles and are not in your face about their sin or calling me a bigot or hateful. Big difference between the gays and your little list.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Protective laws are used for children, the insane, the incompetent... in general those who do not have full rights under the law (mostly) or who can not fully exercise their rights because of something beyond their control.

Granting special laws (rights) takes on the premise that such action will ultimately benefit society. Affirmative action for example... however by "redefining" marriage to same sex then that logic applies for all other forms of marriage... brother and sister, daughter and father. What's to prevent someone from saying I want to marry my beloved mule? where is the 'limit" on the redefinition?

Marriage is a God created union between a man and a woman. There is no exceptions to what God has created. Sorry if I seem terse.

PS ... statutes are different
Yeah I get what you are saying basically....but I have to crack up when people say that god created this union between man and woman. I mean if you believe the creation story as it is you'd have to believe that Adam not only procreated with Eve but with his own daughters as well. And our OT examples are just NOT there for one thing. The only place I see in the NT about a man having ONE wife is when it's talking about the office of a bishop. Please tell me if there is more because I just plain old forget. Now don't get me wrong...I believe in marriage. I've been married to one man for 18 years and have never touched another man. (or woman! ) And I am not thrilled with the gay lifestyle either. I've seen their parades and they are nasty and distastefull. I just don't see what the big deal is.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You see there is a difference there that many are not considering. Yes a sin is a sin, but others sins are not trying to get laws passed to support their sinful lifestyles and are not in your face about their sin or calling me a bigot or hateful. Big difference between the gays and your little list.
Oh sure their are laws supporting sinful lifestyles. There was a time when adultery was a crime. It is not now. If it is then it is not enforced. Teens can have sex and reproduce now and it is perfectly acceptable to most of society and it is not a crime. It is even almost encouraged and is definately in our faces. What about the government stealling money from people? They put a gun to our head and take money out of our checks by force and do whatever they want with it....including giving it to other people who are practicing their sinful lifestyles. ( I am thinking of teens having babies collecting welfare and food stamps )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity