Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 09:20 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

What I have seen over and over is that there is far too much anger aimed at Christians to be accounted for by just a disagreement over the "Gay"issue.

What I believe we witness when we watch the angry meltdowns of people who support Gay marriage is the result of the person's anger against God being released against the Christian.
The words of the Christian prick the hearts of the Gay person and that can cause them to react in anger.
The poor Christian has just wandered into the middle of a long-standing argument the Gay person has with their Lord over their sin of being Gay.

This is also why of forums where you hardly ever see cuss words and name calling you will suddenly see all this and more come forth from the posts of the Gay members.
Now many Gays might claim some type of faith in God...Not the god of the Bible, but a type of unknown god that allows them to go in sin without judging them for it's hold over their lives.
However what I see is that sooner or later they show that their "faith" has not been able to stop them from being too filled with anger that cant stop name calling and making personal attacks...
(Their god and their faith seem to have little power to improve the heart?)

I cant change them, nor make them post in a way to show respect and good manners to all.
But I can control only what I post, and to this end I never allow myself to get so angry that it effects my ability to always show the other side the respect they are due.

(And besides, name calling leads only to more name calling and what is the fun in walking down that dark path?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
What I have seen over and over is that there is far too much anger aimed at Christians to be accounted for by just a disagreement over the "Gay"issue.

What I believe we witness when we watch the angry meltdowns of people who support Gay marriage is the result of the person's anger against God being released against the Christian.
The words of the Christian prick the hearts of the Gay person and that can cause them to react in anger.
The poor Christian has just wandered into the middle of a long-standing argument the Gay person has with their Lord over their sin of being Gay.

This is also why of forums where you hardly ever see cuss words and name calling you will suddenly see all this and more come forth from the posts of the Gay members.
Now many Gays might claim some type of faith in God...Not the god of the Bible, but a type of unknown god that allows them to go in sin without judging them for it's hold over their lives.
However what I see is that sooner or later they show that their "faith" has not been able to stop them from being too filled with anger that cant stop name calling and making personal attacks...
(Their god and their faith seem to have little power to improve the heart?)

I cant change them, nor make them post in a way to show respect and good manners to all.
But I can control only what I post, and to this end I never allow myself to get so angry that it effects my ability to always show the other side the respect they are due.

(And besides, name calling leads only to more name calling and what is the fun in walking down that dark path?)
You're making a judgement and you know nothing of the person, their soul, or their relationship with God. The anger you speak of has nothing to do with God. You're assuming, basing your judgement on what? It seems you've created an argument to fit your beliefs. You can't say that gay people are angry with God. We've never said we're angry with God or anything of the sort. The reaction your seeing is the reaction of any minority that feels they are being oppressed or discriminated against. The fact that the Bible is being used by some results in attacks against those interpretations of the bible.

Yeah, the gay people resort to name calling. The Christians never do. Being called a "devient" a "pedophile" and "evil" are the tame things I've heard thrown around on this board and in person.

Quote:
What I have seen over and over is that there is far too much anger aimed at Christians to be accounted for by just a disagreement over the "Gay"issue
It is primarily Christian groups that are bashing gay people and spending millions of dollars to keep them from what they feel are equal rights. You really can't understand the backlash? That's like saying black people are actually angry with the white sheets - not the Ku Klux Klan themselves.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
YYou can't say that gay people are angry with God. s.
Their anger with God comes out in their attacks against the Christian.
Even a slight comment that the Christian believes in the literal truths of the Bible will earn a snide comment from the Gays.

Why is this so?
I think the reason is that they have guilt.
They have far too much guilt for any person to carry, yet they turn away from the one path that would free them from their guilt because it would mean that would have to repent.

They don't want to repent?
They might say, "Oh I have nothing to repent for" but I believe the truth is that know full well that they do, but the hold of sin over their hearts has caused them to say this in the hope one day it might be true..
(That day never comes by the way...LOL)
They believe that to repent would mean to turn their back on too much.

For most of them, you cant really help them out of the mud of sin they are stuck in...as the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but of that horse gets stuck down to it's mane in mud saying "Giddy-up" is not really going to help.

What you can do is state the clear truth, that being Gay is a sin, and that like all sins it brings death and the loss of being able to enter into the Kingdom.
But that if they Repent they can walk away from such sin and be clean.
And if they have faith in the Jesus of the Bible they can be forgiven of all their sins, even the sin of being once Gay..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Quote:
Even a slight comment that the Christian believes in the literal truths of the Bible will earn a snide comment from the Gays.

Why is this so?
They have far too much guilt for any person to carry, yet they turn away from the one path that would free them from their guilt because it would mean that would have to repent.

They might say, "Oh I have nothing to repent for" but I believe the truth is that know full well that they do, but the hold of sin over their hearts has caused them to say this in the hope one day it might be true..

For most of them, you cant really help them out of the mud of sin they are stuck in...as the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but of that horse gets stuck down to it's mane in mud saying "Giddy-up" is not really going to help.

What you can do is state the clear truth, that being Gay is a sin, and that like all sins it brings death and the loss of being able to enter into the Kingdom.
And if they have faith in the Jesus of the Bible they can be forgiven of all their sins, even the sin of being once Gay..

Thank you. You've actually given me a great insight into the mindset and the beliefs of the antigay crowd. There seems to be a great deal of misunderstanding. I don't think it's gays you're against, you're angry at your own sexuality and that comes out as attacks against sexual minorities. See? I can do it to

Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 AM

163 posts, read 293,107 times
Quote:
Well, I have say I never heard of this saying before, is this something that ted haggard once said to his flock or is this something you just pulled out your arse, so to speak. Inquiring minds want to know

Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

Why is this so?

The people that favor equal rights for all are not specifically attacking Christians, or any other religion. We are attacking your attitude and your wish to keep certain segments of society oppressed. It is the religious, and only the religious who have this prejudice against the gay segment of our population.
Your theory that we have guilt is nothing but odiforous horse dung, and what you call truth is just used as an excuse for your bigotry. Time to wake up to the fact that what you believe is NOT truth.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalking View Post
Inquiring minds want to know
Thanks, I actually enjoy knowing there is such interest in my posts.

The idea behind my comments is that you don't need to feel you have failed just because an attempt to witness to a cultist or a lost Gay person ends with a person walking away from the Truth.

The fact is there are very few Christians that have a testimony where they say they repented and turned their lives over to the Lord after just one on-line conversation with an unknown Christian.

Repenting and becoming a Christian can happen fast in some lives like the conversion of Paul, but for many others the whole journey takes years to complete.

And while a Christian might share the Bible very proficiently , the Gay person has to have that ability to see the meanings of the text.
But we know that the devil blinds people so that while reading the Bible they are still unable to believe it, nor trust it.

What should the Christian do?

I believe that we do well to remember that we only carry the message of others. This is important, for when we see the Gay reject the Lord it might seem that they are rejecting us too.
But they are not.
They reject the message we bring to them, and in doing so attack us personally. But deep down they are not angry with us good Christians at all.
They are just angry with God and we get in the cross hairs of that battle.

So go ahead and speak truth to the Gays my Christian brothers and sisters!

And do not get upset when they call you names, and reject God.
Because you can only bring the horse to the water, from then of it's in another's hands....

Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Because you can only bring the horse to the water, from then of it's in another's hands....
You keep bring up this "horse to water" and I asked you is this already, is this something you heard from ted haggard or something you just keep pulling out your arse, so to speak

Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalking View Post
You keep bring up this "horse to water"
Yes, I do so because I think the metaphor fits here.

It's like the "Sheep are scattered" saying.
I grew up on a farm and we had sheep.
It was interesting that the moment you open the pen up and allow the sheep to run they always split up and cover as much of the pasture as they can.

The scatter...they spread out.
The only time you can get the sheep to bunch up is to threaten them with some force or animal...

No wonder we are called "sheep" at times!

I think what sheep are always seeking is a form of "Collective privacy" where they can be both alone, and yet near enough to others of their own kind to feel safe.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 PM

[quote=alanMolstad;9726227]I grew up on a farm and we had sheep.
quote]

Well why didn't you say "sheep to water" cause than I would of said, is this something you heard from ted haggard or just something ewe pulled out your arse, so to speak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity