Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 08:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Care about what Fundy ? .
why are you banging yourself in the head if it is God that does the saving? us preching about sin and repentance shouldn't really matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Ah, ignoring your ridicule while trying to righteously correct me eh? Hypocrite

You didn't read the exchage between us close enough, you were too busy in your agreement of her and your ridicule of me to pay any attention.

The conversation between me and Robin resulted in an accusation of me , rather than addressing a point in scripture. That accusation was deemed righteous because her words were biblical. So you really are saying something that carries no validity whatsoever.

Nope, I do not hide behind a God to justify what I say.

Quit whining.
First Robin is a guy and second I did read and you are just giving me a lot of double talk. I am not ridiculing you.

It's funny people who say we shouldn't judge don't realize they are judging when they tell others not to judge.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
why are you banging yourself in the head if it is God that does the saving? us preching about sin and repentance shouldn't really matter.
I'm not banging myself in the head ,though i suppose i am if those whom i am debating think it's their fundamental right and commission to do the work of the Holy Spirit because they have no faith that the Holy Spirit can convict a man and bring Him to repentance.

So yes i agree with you

Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I'm not banging myself in the head ,though i suppose i am if those whom i am debating think it's their fundamental right and commission to do the work of the Holy Spirit because they have no faith that the Holy Spirit can convict a man and bring Him to repentance.

So yes i agree with you
More strawmans...............

Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
More strawmans...............
Is this your answer to everything ?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
First Robin is a guy and second I did read and you are just giving me a lot of double talk. I am not ridiculing you.

It's funny people who say we shouldn't judge don't realize they are judging when they tell others not to judge.

No, your actually using me as a platform for something that has nothing to do with me, but my exhange with robin was concerning the specifics of her accusation to me.

It has grown beyond that to a degree because of your whining and the nature of other peoples denial in how they justify their ridiculousness.

So, never mind, I won't ask you to quit whining, please continue with your nonsense.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Is this your answer to everything ?
yes it is..

fun thing to do.. do a search on "stawman" for that user.. it is awesome +1

what I don't get is the following..

1. The thread is about scripture and gay marriage

the bible never says anything about gay marriage but obviously some believe "the gay" to be sinful..

2. God does say he hates divorce though..

So why wouldn't those so against gay marriage at least try to push for legislation that would outlaw divorce?

my guess is those who shout from the tallest of places would still like to have that divorce card in their back pocket.. you know.. just in case they need to use it.

JMO though.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 AM

Fundy one last comment about sin and i am through with this thread

Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out . Whose eye ? mine or my brothers ?

I wonder why he said eye ? The very thing we judge with and condemn our brother with .

Who art thou o man that judgeth another .

Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Robin...if you check out Sanspeur's post above you will see part of what I have talked about before with the gay marriage supporters sooner or later also attacking God.

What I see clearly is that while some Gays might pat themselves on the back for their sins, and they might even try to use the Bible to do it, the final result is to always turn and attack the Christian, his God, and his bible.

What I believe is actually going on is that the Christian had wandered into the middle of a long-standing battle the Gay person has had with their Lord.

The name calling, the cussing, the very personal attacks I have seen from the Gays and their supporters cant be explained over just a normal difference of opinion.
The hate the gays are filled with is too great.
The only explanation I can think of is that their anger is actually with God, and only spills over at the Christian.

My Advice?
My advice to the Christian who stands up to the gays and calls a sin a sin , is to stand firm on the Bible.
Give reasons for the gays need to repent, Pray for them, and to remember their personal attacks against you are actually personal attacks they are making at Jesus.

You just represent Jesus to them and so become the target of the anger they have with Him and His Bible.
This why some Gays and their supporters say things like "There is no truth to the bible"
For what they actually mean is that "There is no truth to the words of Jesus"
and for thinking this they truly have my pity.
Agreed, if they truly read what Jesus said thay will realize that He warned them as well and they ignored Him.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:23 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Jesus condemned the Pharisees and said they were of their father the Devil! Thats pretty judgmental! Jesus also showed his anger to those who were using the Temple as a market place - he was angry, throwing the tables over....thats judgemental too. People SHOULD be afraid, BE VERY, VERY AFRAID!!!! Because there are 2 paths in life - the BROAD way - and many walk along it into hell. And the NARROW way, which leads to life.
People need to be warned, pleaded with, urged, prayed for.....ANYTHING!!!! Just get them off that broad way, because they are blind and lost and heading to hell without Jesus. God does love people, he made a way. All this talk of Gay marriage - its just a big joke - God makes it clear that all sexual sins are evidence of a life APART from God. Time is short people, we have to stand like Daniel stood!!!!
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity