Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't talk to me of the bible..That book has so many misinterpretations all it does is mislead people. Use your own head for a change.
Monsieur, the title of this thread starts with scripture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Monsieur, the title of this thread starts with scripture
What do you think I'm talking about? Does scripture not come from the bible?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The thing I always like to use as a guide in such questions is the old saying, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!"
Ahh.. fall back on bigotry, eh? Make fun of the homos with silly, childish put-downs?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
They clearly are blinded to the truth...
The Lord Jesus identifies himself personally by name with the Christian church.
To attack the bible or His church is to attack the lord personally, there is no difference between the two in His eyes.

The Christian has a duty to stand up and make the truth known, not only so that the sinner will hear, believe, and repent, but also to make sure we don't end up with the blood of they on our hands.

For because you have spoken up they are now without excuse.
What makes you think we care what Christian Extremists yell at us? I certainly don't!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am speaking of literaly from the original languages. I do not depend on just one translation I use Greek and Hebrews Interlier translations, Concordance, Over ten various english translations, Archoelgcal and Apologetics translation, Tanakh, and so many other book that lead to the most accurate interpritation so when I say infer I am rather accurate and Im sorry but your understanding of scripture is blinded by your disbeleif.
Funny, since there are disagreeing opinions on original Greek translations of the Bible. You simply choose to side with one view of translation to support your personal feelings. Same can be said of me.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:02 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,644 times
I will concede that there some books/verses that are somewhat difficult to interpret; some parts of Romans and Revelation are two that come to mind. Jesus even had to carefully explain the parables to His disciples in order for them to understand.

That being said, much of the Bible is written in clear, concise, literal terms that accurately convey what God intended for humankind to hear, understand and integrate into their every day lives. One of these ideas is that God created man and woman for intimate relations that transcend any others with the exception of our personal relationship with God. God called this union a sacred instituion and it is the only one that is acceptable in His eyes. The Bible states that anything else is unacceptable. In my opinion, attempting to twist/water down what is written to fit into the mold of what the world wants is to deny that the writers of the Bible did not receive divine, spiritual instruction from Him and essentially makes God a liar. God's yesses and no's have not changed one iota for centuries and will be the same centuries from now.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
I will concede that there some books/verses that are somewhat difficult to interpret; some parts of Romans and Revelation are two that come to mind. Jesus even had to carefully explain the parables to His disciples in order for them to understand.

That being said, much of the Bible is written in clear, concise, literal terms that accurately convey what God intended for humankind to hear, understand and integrate into their every day lives. One of these ideas is that God created man and woman for intimate relations that transcend any others with the exception of our personal relationship with God. God called this union a sacred instituion and it is the only one that is acceptable in His eyes. The Bible states that anything else is unacceptable. In my opinion, attempting to twist/water down what is written to fit into the mold of what the world wants is to deny that the writers of the Bible did not receive divine, spiritual instruction from Him and essentially makes God a liar. God's yesses and no's have not changed one iota for centuries and will be the same centuries from now.

And of course, if you are against something the verses you use are most certainly clear, right?

Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM

136 posts, read 300,060 times
[quote=Easybreezy;8243563]

What I am looking for is some of religious justification from the proponents of gay marriage that can utilize Scriptural references. I've heard much from the opponents of gay marriage. Now I'm looking to give the proponents their opportunity to support their position from a Biblical viewpoint.[/]

There is absolutely no promotion of justification for gay marraiges in the Bible, none. If you really stretch things, gays could point to "love thy neighbor as thyself" or some vague crap. There are, however, numerous injunctions against deviancy, degenerancy, unnatural behavior, perversion, covering everything even cross-dressing, in the Old and New Testaments:

Old Testament-
Genesis 19:4-7
Leviticus 18:22-23
Leviticus 19:29
Leviticus 20:10-21
Deuteronomy 22:5
23:17
27:20-23
Judges 19:22
1 Kings 14:24
1 Kings 22:46
======================
New Testament-
Romans 1:24-31
1 Corinthians 6:9-20
2 Peter 2:6-22
Galatians 5:19-21
Ephesians 5:3-5
Thessalonians 4:3-5
Timothy 1:9-10
Peter 2:11
John 2:16
Jude 4-7

This is not an all-inclusive list and I am not a Bible scholar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
In the years to come, it is my belief that churches could easily become a battleground for the gay marriage question, so this could be a bit of a preview.
Let them be battlegrounds. I would never attend any church denomination that condones gay preachers, reverends, ministers, priests, what have you. Those just mentioned are hypocrites and abominations to Christian belief and history and doctrine and scripture. They represent yet another example of the deliberate dissolution of America by the AntiChrist.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
I prefer to use the Vedas for my scripture. Those are the correct and true revelations of God. I know because I feel it in my heart and have seen the prophesies come true.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:20 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,644 times
Quote:
And of course, if you are against something the verses you use are most certainly clear, right?
The Bible is what it is and there is no changing it and what it contains. People can twist it, bend it and try to change its meanings, but in the end, the truths it contains will still come through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity