Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:30 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,106,550 times

Advertisements

It sounds like a Joseph Smith type situation in a way where he received revelations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,000,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Why do you say the men were barbaric? Because they didn't have the modern-day conveniences we have? Because we are more evolved than they were? Have you researched the OT and looked into history to see how advanced these people were?

Those men were not highly educated. Compared with the education we have to day, they would not last. John the Baptist was not even educated. I say barbaric because of the evil they did to others for their own satisfaction and then blamed it on God. God would never hurt anyone. Not even kill.

I am not making any of my comments on mere assumptions. I have delved through the scriptures for years to come to where I'm at today.

And really? Gay marriage when done in the right context can be beautiful? Dude, it's still a sin, whether it's done in the "right" context or not, it's against God's plan and will for men. What do you make of 1 Corinthians 6:9?

This verse is exactly for people who believe in gay marriage. If you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that Jesus is God then you should believe the above verses.
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

This could be said of your bible.

For the time will come when men will not put up with their bible. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear in regards to the truths taught by Jesus that were never recorded in the bible.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
If one cares to research this particular sect, just google "Revelations of Divine Love" and you will find that it's Creator(s): Julian, of Norwich, b. 1343 and a list of sixteen revelations with it's accompanying information.
Actually, go to www.fcdt.org and you will find my ministry. They are channeld messages but not like Joseph Smith of the Mormons.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
When you say "your bible", it sounds as if you do not subscribe to the contents therein and yet you would adhere to the supposed revelations from someone who lived hundreds of years ago?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,696,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

For the time will come when men will not put up with their bible. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear in regards to the truths taught by Jesus that were never recorded in the bible.
Great comment! Evidently we read two different Bibles and believe in different Gods so this discussion really is moot.

I will recommend that you visit Trader's Point Christian Church when you're ready for the truth. They teach it there. I know there are many other churches that teach the truth, but that is a church I know since I'm originally from Indianapolis. Don't live there now.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
When you say "your bible", it sounds as if you do not subscribe to the contents therein and yet you would adhere to the supposed revelations from someone who lived hundreds of years ago?

I don't know who this Julian of Norwich is. I don't learn from those teachings.

And no, I do not read your bible.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Great comment! Evidently we read two different Bibles and believe in different Gods so this discussion really is moot.

I will recommend that you visit Trader's Point Christian Church when you're ready for the truth. They teach it there. I know there are many other churches that teach the truth, but that is a church I know since I'm originally from Indianapolis. Don't live there now.
It seems to be a nice church and I have no problems with church's other than they worship Jesus and not God. I only worship God. Him and Jesus are two seperate individuals. I do respect your beliefs though.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 AM

According to the Bible, any other revelation is not from God. But if you don't believe in the Bible anyway, I guess it's irrelevant.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 AM

I guess we just agree to disagree and walk our separate ways.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 AM

May the peace that passes all understanding be yours as it is mine. God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity