U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,389,261 times
Reputation: 642

Advertisements

The Love of God has no opposite, therefore, it is all truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,812,419 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
It's the Truth that leads us to Love.
and what Stirring is truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,812,419 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The Love of God has no opposite, therefore, it is all truth.
what is the love of God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,389,261 times
Reputation: 642
God is ultimate truth and we learn those truths through experience and His Divine Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,812,419 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God is ultimate truth and we learn those truths through experience and His Divine Love.
and what is that experience and divine love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,389,261 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
what is the love of God?
Divine Love or as your bible says "agape" love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
 
9,999 posts, read 8,956,876 times
Reputation: 3546
This verse of Pilate's is extremely mystical and gets to the core of Christ's wisdom and divine love.

Quote:
"You say that I am your king."
Jesus is stating that he never set out to be worshipped on a pedestal. That is what people turned him into for their own benefit, not his.

Quote:
For this reason I was born, and for this reason I came into the world - to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."
He did not say everyone who belongs to the truth reads the Bible or follows his orders. He said they listen to his voice.

That is what I do, Fundie. I listen to Christ's voice. That voice speaks from a source of pure love. Through that interaction, truth is revealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: MI
1,289 posts, read 1,331,333 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and what Stirring is truth?
Obviously, Jesus is the Truth. That's why I capitalized it. Surely you knew that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Florida and East "by God" Tennessee
1,889 posts, read 2,859,482 times
Reputation: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Tie that with The Greatest Commandment and the Second that is like it...and what do you have? Love and Truth.
We are told... the kisses of the enemy are deceitful but the wounds of a friend are faithful.

Love given without truth will be "as an angel of light" = father of lies.

Truth given without love will be " pain and life" = salvation

Try these simple formulas

Lies + Love = ?
Truth + wounds = ?

Truth is what Jesus came for... it's a simple as that. I do agree however truth spoken with contempt = wrong, but even then, the truth can still bring life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,389,261 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and what is that experience and divine love?
When you receive Divine Love through prayer, it eradicates all things that lead you to sin as well as past sins. You become born again when it has totally taken over your soul and you become at-one with God. The experience is that you are learning from God His truths to put into and use in your life. The only sin, according to my beliefs, that is unforgivable is the sin against the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top