Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

This video sums up pretty well the state of the Church as a whole. Just watch these apostates and pray for this man!

YouTube - Shocking Message To Pastors & Churches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
If that's the state of your church, you should do something about it.

It's not the state of my church.

As for Warren and Olsteen, they were just quoting Jeremiah 29:11.....you really might need to read your bible a little more.

I also take offense to this guy saying his tumor doesn't show a 'wonderful' God.....isn't that blasphemy? Maybe this guy in the video isn't a Christian.....I don't know...do you?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
If that's the state of your church, you should do something about it.

It's not the state of my church.

As for Warren and Olsteen, they were just quoting Jeremiah 29:11.....you really might need to read your bible a little more.

I also take offense to this guy saying his tumor doesn't show a 'wonderful' God.....isn't that blasphemy? Maybe this guy in the video isn't a Christian.....I don't know...do you?
If that's the case then Warren and Olsteen took that book out of context-ironic because the book of Jeremiah is of judgment. They just don't give the whole picture that God does want "good" for us if we REPENT, if we don't repent of our sins then judgment will fall on us but they so conveniently forget to mention that. How is a brain tumor "wonderful"?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 04-09-2009 at 08:18 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If that's the case then Warren and Olsteen took that book out of context-ironic because the book of Jeremiah is of judgment. They just don't give the whole picture that God does want "good" for us if we REPENT, if we don't repent of our sins then judgment will fall on us but they so conveniently forget to mention that. How is a brain tumor "wonderful"?
All things work to His good purpose. Some may find salvation through a tumor.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Some might watch a youtube video, and that man's testimony might move their own spirit to seek out His Face. Who are we to question the POWER of the Almighty, and what He does according to His Pursposes.

I don't know what it is that he is looking for, like healing, or justification, whatever. But being moved to make that video to sit on youtube long after he is gone, serves as just one purpose our Father had for his life.

The message I got out of it, is quit following MEN, and seek out His Face on your OWN.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Yes he knows that but He was asking to define "wonderful" The "wonderful" that they talk about is not the "wonderful" he sees in the bible. You see he was pointing out that these men do not prepare the sheep for trials and tribulations among other things

Old 04-09-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Some might watch a youtube video, and that man's testimony might move their own spirit to seek out His Face. Who are we to question the POWER of the Almighty, and what He does according to His Pursposes.

I don't know what it is that he is looking for, like healing, or justification, whatever. But being moved to make that video to sit on youtube long after he is gone, serves as just one purpose our Father had for his life.

The message I got out of it, is quit following MEN, and seek out His Face on your OWN.
How about churches need to stop trying to be relevant, appeasing, entertaining, twisting scripture, preaching a different gospel, swindling people and just follow good, sound biblical doctrine and be a true church of God? "pray for our churches"

Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
How about churches need to stop trying to be relevant, appeasing, entertaining, twisting scripture, preaching a different gospel, swindling people and just follow good, sound biblical doctrine and be a true church of God? "pray for our churches"
Naa, that would be judgemental. I shall leave that to our Father to decide.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
If that's the case then Warren and Olsteen took that book out of context-ironic because the book of Jeremiah is of judgment.
If you think that Jeremiah is JUST about judgment, you just keep confirming what I've been trying to say for so long.

Keep up the good work there, Fundy!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
Quote:
Yes he knows that but He was asking to define "wonderful" The "wonderful" that they talk about is not the "wonderful" he sees in the bible. You see he was pointing out that these men do not prepare the sheep for trials and tribulations among other things
I got that...just didn't get that from your post. I don't know why he added Warren and Olsteen...they were right on. We might not like to hear we're going to die in a few weeks or months, but we know it is to His good purpose. It's not about us.

Three years ago, I was told I had bladder cancer. Then I was told I had lung cancer. Here I am today...never had a lick of cancer. But what did I get out of that? That my time here is limited...I will make the most of it. I will do His good purpose without adding injury. It was such a bad time that I developed an anxiety disorder and lost much of my hair...it's just now back to where it should be. Life isn't fun, but everything is to His good purpose...He does have a purpose for each of us...and it's to His good purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity