Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,629,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Another Jesus or the True Jesus - Whom Are You Serving?

Category: * Defending the Faith
Source: Understand the Times with Roger Oakland

The apostle Paul was a man with a passion for the truth. While his ministry clearly focused on proclaiming the saving grace of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, he was also concerned when he saw the truth being compromised by Satan's subtle deceptive plan. While Paul made every effort to teach the church at Corinth the truth about Jesus and His death on the Cross to save them from their sins, false teachers and false doctrines had infiltrated the church. Obviously some were being led astray. Thus, he expressed his concerns:
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (II Corinthians 11:3-4)
The urgent message Paul delivered to the Corinthians is the same message I believe God wants proclaimed today.
Entire article here: From the Lighthouse - the blog of Lighthouse Trails Research
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,809,841 times
I like Paul, I think alot of true Christians can relate to Paul while those who trully want nothing to do with the truth want nothing to do with Paul. When I was a new Christian I hated Paul and the OT but as I grew and the Spirit opened my eyes I saw the truth in all.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,592,989 times
I serve the one who is successful at saving. He is called the "Savior of the World" AKA "King of Kings".

The Restitution Of All Things=

Old 04-11-2009, 12:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,430,992 times

I serve the one that did this for me:
Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 1 Corinthians 1:23

Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 AM

63,461 posts, read 39,713,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (II Corinthians 11:3-4)

Entire article here: From the Lighthouse - the blog of Lighthouse Trails Research
IT is far more likely that the retention of the "veil of ignorance and blindness" that was the OT is the "other Jesus" that infiltrated by Satan into the simple message and example of love that Jesus brought. There is simply NO comparison with the Jesus of the gospel (the Good News) and the God that was most familiar to them from the OT. Yet despite this obvious example of what Paul warned about . . . it persists to this day. Satan is very powerful and he infiltrated very early to subvert Jesus's correction of the OT misconceptions.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 AM

381 posts, read 795,666 times
her'es an example. had a man I was ministering to. a former inmate. came into our men's group. had many guys giving him money. call it assistance. they did it out of love. when one would say, I can't, he knew who would say yes.
I ended up giving him a spare room on top of a small business. I loved him. never denied his request. Now, in our prayer meetings, he would wow the other men with outward prayer,and yes, some "speaking in tongues"

one day, I went to work and said, Phil, " there was x amount of cash in the register and now there is X" he would confess and I said never again. I said call me if you need cigarettes that bad. He did it again. Ultimately after asking 2 other co workers, I asked him to leave for good, and be gone from my midst. what ensued was undeniable.
He cursed me. he would call and rant on my cel phone. he started spreading lies and allegations to the other brothers. we all started comparing notes. he was simply an "apostate" he was a spot on our lovefeast as Jude contended.

make no mistake, I never knew him. I undertsand what Jesus meant when He said this. i could not believe the evil spewing forth from his tongue until I unmasked him.... food for thought.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,847,986 times
Jesus and his teachings is what we should pursue, that means all the New Testament. After, all it is all Gods word, and since Jesus is God, all if it is His words.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,220,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Jesus and his teachings is what we should pursue, that means all the New Testament.
After, all it is all Gods word, and since Jesus is God,
all if it is His words.
Do you see your mistake? Do you think men writing things from memory , translating languages could have possibly made any mistakes?
Why, simply placing a comma in the wrong place changes the entire meaning of a sentence that can be misinterpreted for centuries!
Or hows about not understanding the meaning of a word from centuries ago.

If I wrote , "That's cool, dude" , "Far out, man!", how would someone translate that
into Farsi, then relate to it 75 years from now?

I'm not putting down Jesus or his teachings, mind you....just the accuracy of saying it is all God's word.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 AM

27,898 posts, read 29,718,726 times
I have learned over my lifetime, but mostly during the last few of my 70 years, that God will teach me everything He wants me to learn, provided I am open to receiving it and am genuinely wanting to know. Some of it will be found in the scriptures. Some will be spoken from the pulpit. But all I really need to accept as "truth" is that which He teaches me through the Holy Ghost speaking to my heart.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:28 AM

45,314 posts, read 26,823,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Do you see your mistake? Do you think men writing things from memory , translating languages could have possibly made any mistakes?
Why, simply placing a comma in the wrong place changes the entire meaning of a sentence that can be misinterpreted for centuries!
Or hows about not understanding the meaning of a word from centuries ago.

If I wrote , "That's cool, dude" , "Far out, man!", how would someone translate that
into Farsi, then relate to it 75 years from now?

I'm not putting down Jesus or his teachings, mind you....just the accuracy of saying it is all God's word.
There are translations available that are accurate enough to convey what God wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity