U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 AM

302 posts, read 467,064 times

Advertisements

Many charismatic preachers are false prophets!

The apostle John said: "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4

It is a dangerous practice to accept doctrines because signs and wonders follow the teacher. Think about these specific and clear warnings from the scriptures:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?u=1150828
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 07:50 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,373,707 times
Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:59 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,862,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Amen.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:32 AM

381 posts, read 665,420 times
If senator charles Grassley, of Iowa could just convene a senate subcommittee hearing to open up the financials of a few of these false prohpets, then many would come to saving faith, real repenting, saving faith through grace.
there tax exempt status lets them live like kings and heads of state....maybe they have their reward already...guess that's a good thing.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:52 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,902,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
If senator charles Grassley, of Iowa could just convene a senate subcommittee hearing to open up the financials of a few of these false prohpets, then many would come to saving faith, real repenting, saving faith through grace.
there tax exempt status lets them live like kings and heads of state....maybe they have their reward already...guess that's a good thing.
I agree, it is my opinion that if many of these men were true men of God they would not be living as well as they are but many around them would be living better that they are. Another words you are blessed with much so much is demanded of you. How many other families could be taken care of if these pastors chose to bless others as they have been blessed? Instead of buying a lamborgene buy someone a house. Instead of the 20 bedroom home with and olympic size pool, why not a subdivision of mobile home park, why not an apartment complex. Just imagine all the good they could do and how many they could bring to the Lord by their charity.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM

I agree. someone brought up a foot washing thread earlier in the week. a true servant heart would have these guys acting as good stewards and helping alot of folks out. a poor widow needs help.. children in foster homes would be another good beneficiary.
the copelands, one of the targets of Sen Grassley, has a fleet of business jet aircraft that i know cost 75 million to acquire, and with crew, maint and insurance and pilot salaries, add another 3 to 5 million a year to operate and fly. His main chariot , the cessan citation X , the world's fastest business jet, cost 39 million. NOt to be outdone, Jesse duplantis has one as well. If they were exposed and lost their tax exempt status their empires would collapse, then the folks would return to the Lord and enter into to his rest.
there has to be some frustration when , after having given regularly, the blessing in the form of a car or house doesn't show up. then they're told, "you're not giving enough, you need More faith."

QUESTION: WHY are so many unable to see them for what they are, who they are, and that they are not acting as an ambassador of the gospel as Paul did, but though "they became rich, they decided to stay that way and not for our sakes, but for their lust and greed."

I've noticed the false teachers always love to teach 'seed sowing and "harvest" as their hallmark message

what have you noticed about thier "canned" false messsage?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:47 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,902,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
I agree. someone brought up a foot washing thread earlier in the week. a true servant heart would have these guys acting as good stewards and helping alot of folks out. a poor widow needs help.. children in foster homes would be another good beneficiary.
the copelands, one of the targets of Sen Grassley, has a fleet of business jet aircraft that i know cost 75 million to acquire, and with crew, maint and insurance and pilot salaries, add another 3 to 5 million a year to operate and fly. His main chariot , the cessan citation X , the world's fastest business jet, cost 39 million. NOt to be outdone, Jesse duplantis has one as well. If they were exposed and lost their tax exempt status their empires would collapse, then the folks would return to the Lord and enter into to his rest.
there has to be some frustration when , after having given regularly, the blessing in the form of a car or house doesn't show up. then they're told, "you're not giving enough, you need More faith."

QUESTION: WHY are so many unable to see them for what they are, who they are, and that they are not acting as an ambassador of the gospel as Paul did, but though "they became rich, they decided to stay that way and not for our sakes, but for their lust and greed."

I've noticed the false teachers always love to teach 'seed sowing and "harvest" as their hallmark message

what have you noticed about thier "canned" false messsage?
You nailed it right there, many of these preachers are doing precisely that teaching false doctrine. I look at it like this, we are to emulate Christ and do what He would in a given situation. I do not remember Jesus being wealthy or asking for financial support but He was always taken care of. I do remember Jesus feeding the 3000 and the 5000 as well as healing the sick, but He never lived in an earthly masion or owned expensive transportation or wore high dollar clothes. He lived as simply as His time would allow.

People today are not interested in the truth they only want what makes them feel good, what tickles their ears.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:32 PM

robin,
you bring up the feeding of the five thousand. I heard a great teaching one time on that miracle and the apostles wanted to send them away. the guy teaching the verse said they wanted to send them away out of the hardness of their heart. the apostles were not the men they would become during Jesus minstry. they were rough, untrained, moody, unlearned men, who still walked in sin, but Christ did choose them.

Jesus showed the servant heart from day one. the sad thing will be when these false preachers get denied by Christ himself. can you imagine the horror one might feel when they learn they're not getting eternal life after having lived an earthly life of excess? the real sin is in misleading the flock.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM

5,417 posts, read 4,663,138 times
Hi Donna - I know this is directed at me, but you are severely off base. The entire Bible, from beginning to end, is comprised of signs, wonders and miracles. And, Jesus said, :

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. (Mark 16:17-20)

So, I ask you, where are these miracles today? They were not limited to the Early Church as some try to teach. The early rain started at Pentecost and now the latter rain is pouring down. Jesus is confirming His Word today with many, many signs, healings, wonders and miracles. The real Jesus Bride is marching on with the power of the Holy Ghost.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. (John 14:12)

Sadly, most Christians can't identify the real works of Jesus. However, those who can weed out the frauds, and pinpoint the real fruit, are seeing God move in a miraculous way.

Glory be to God!

Old 04-11-2009, 03:00 PM

let me say that i believe god is still in the miracle business. I am in a men's prayer group. recently, a young girl was healed of a lifelong kidney disease after God heard the prayers of the group that they had made
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity