U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wealth and christianity go hand in hand?
Wealth comes from God! Jehovah wanted all of us to be rich and wealthy because it's in His nature to bless us! 0 0%
I believe God wants us to be wealthy but he removes wealth sometimes so we won't lose our focus on Him! 1 8.33%
I believe the universe is in balance! God gives, and God takes. Asking for wealth now could lead to times of poverty in other parts of our life! 2 16.67%
It is best to come by, live without debt,and be happy! Shy all wealth and keep our eyes on Jesus! Wealth is a distraction from God anyway! 1 8.33%
The bible says money and wealth are like Gog and Magog. We should ban it from our lives. You can serve only one master! 0 0%
Other,please specify! 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:54 PM

69 posts, read 184,568 times

Advertisements

I know there have been more topics about this before, but I wanted to broaden the poll results. The poll basically had 'yes' or 'no'. So now here goes! Wealth and christianity go hand in hand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 04:07 PM

8,293 posts, read 23,162,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigit View Post
I know there have been more topics about this before, but I wanted to broaden the poll results. The poll basically had 'yes' or 'no'. So now here goes! Wealth and christianity go hand in hand?
I'm not seeing a poll, but the answer is "NO" if the wealth you're speaking of is financial wealth.

However, though I'm doing just fine financially, my REAL wealth is found in my faith, my marriage, my family, my friends, and my hope.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:13 PM

69 posts, read 184,568 times
sorry, I had to repost the poll 3 times before it finally was approved. Poll is present now!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,901,798 times
No. What does god really care about money? Now them preachers! They care a lot about it!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 AM

589 posts, read 1,348,684 times
The rich man asked Jesus what he must do to be saved... Jesus said give your riches away and follow me. He shook his head and sadly walked away because he was extremely rich.

Now fast forward to our present time... tell a God-fearing businessman/shop owner/etc to close down his business on Saturday (Sabbath) and see what he will say.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 15 days ago)

2,382 posts, read 4,304,796 times
We have opportunities, and God gives to all. The rain and sun fallls upon each... it's not about wealth or blessings, it's about what we do with them.

Be a good investor, build your treasures in heaven.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 AM

51,816 posts, read 29,891,036 times
Wealth and Christianity can go hand in hand. Remember, wealth does not necesserily refer to finances. You can have millions of dollars and countless material assets, but if you DO NOT HAVE SPIRITUAL WEALTH, you are very poor because all of those material things will not save you when you stand infront of God on judgement day.

Evangelist Paula White was talking about Donald Trump one time, she was walking with him on a street in New York City, and they were talking about financial wealth and its relevance in Christianity. She mentioned that they walked by a homeless person on the sidewalk, and they were talking about debts, Trump mentioned to her, and I'm paraphrasing, "See this guy right here? He is worth a lot more than I am because he probably has 0 debts". He was of course talking about all of his assets, and his liabilities, and his net worth at the time was negative billions, which is a lot less than the net worth of the homeless guy.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,729,244 times
imho, noone should talk about wealth before they even begin to realize PROSPERITY

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-13-2009 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: space

Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 PM

756 posts, read 1,989,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
imho, noone should talk about wealth before they even begin to realize PROSPERITY
Effie, I absolutely love all your posts because most of the time, I have no idea what the heck you are saying?

Ok, so prosperous at what?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,729,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
Effie, I absolutely love all your posts because most of the time, I have no idea what the heck you are saying?

Ok, so prosperous at what?
Prosperity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gray matter(s)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or