U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2009, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,190 posts, read 9,876,392 times
Reputation: 6477

Advertisements

I spoke with Jesus a few minutes ago.......we were sharing what was going on in this thread. We both laughed at the parsing of words.... what does "is" mean.......the techniques of debate.....come to me as a little child.....how many children understand the intricacies of law?........when are you going to learn that obeying the rules doesn't count? It is your RELATIONSHIP that counts?

 
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
 
455 posts, read 640,910 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I spoke with Jesus a few minutes ago.......we were sharing what was going on in this thread. We both laughed at the parsing of words.... what does "is" mean.......the techniques of debate.....come to me as a little child.....how many children understand the intricacies of law?........when are you going to learn that obeying the rules doesn't count? It is your RELATIONSHIP that counts?

Hahahahahahahaha!
 
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 AM
 
7,463 posts, read 7,062,528 times
Reputation: 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

But if you are trying to say God accepts the gay lifestyle then you are proving you are not a Christian by your own statements.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

Yes what you teach leads to death and you are teaching falsehoods and leading some to a false hope.

June just needs to say that this whole "debate" is leading her to despair.

June is heterosexual. Good for June. But June is sitting here thinking to herself that based on what she has read here, that the only thing that could possibly be worse for June than being a nonbelieving atheist would be if June suddenly woke up tomorrow and had somehow managed to become an atheist lesbian.

For what it's worth, June has read the bible. But June isn't seeing a whole lot of what she's read reflected here. Yes, it's a Christianity forum, and as such, Christian ideology would be expected to be found here. However, one would also hope to find more than that. One would hope to find a certain type of attitude.

Here's what June gleaned from her reading of the bible: Jesus came for and accepted those "sinners" that others seem to so easily identify. June has the funny feeling that Jesus would have far less difficulty with those alledged "sinners" than he would with the attitudes of those towards those sinners.

It's an interesting concept.

Which prevents June from totally lapsing into a state of despair...Because clearly, as stated herein, there is absolutely no room, no hope for June if she ever wished to consider becoming a Christian.


Kind of sad.


Anyway, for what it's worth, as regards the OP:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post

If you have a same sex encounter, is it not homosexual sex? Does it make you gay if you have sex with another guy and he is your partner?

To my knowledge nowhere in the Bible does it talk about bi-sexuality.

If one engages in a same sex encounter, then one has done just that: engaged in a same sex encounter. It does not necessarily = "I am gay."

Scores of individuals have engaged in same sex encounters during a time in their lives when sexuality and/or sexual identity was either murky, or something being questioned. If anything, it led to their being better able to more clearly identify exactly what their true sexual orientation is. June has the funny feeling that people would be surprised just how many individuals have experienced same sex encounters. Read Kinsey. Read Masters and Johnson. Read the research done on human sexuality and see what conclusions have been drawn. Be sure to read the demographics. The research done would speak to a vastly different reality than the one reflected in this thread. It would speak to the fact that far more have experienced same sex encounters than they would wish to acknowledge, disclose, or admit to.

Which does not mean that they are "gay." --But if they are, fine. June has the feeling that if one is gay, they know it. On a very deep level. And no, it's not subject to change. Not any more than June could will herself to wake up tomorrow and be gay. Nope. But, if June had come into this world as a gay female rather than a straight one, June would somehow hope that people --especially Christian people-- would have an attitute of love and acceptance towards her. Because that's what June took away from her numerous readings of what Jesus said in the NT...But what does June know?

There is alot to be said about being comfortable within one's own self; one's own skin. If that makes one a "sinner" then that strikes June as being very sad. June cannot fathom how one can "embrace" a God that (supposedly) would not be embracing of them. It simply doesn't make sense.


Take gentle care.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-15-2009 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: June can't "do" grammer without sufficient caffine levels in her blood stream.
 
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,026 posts, read 20,804,898 times
Reputation: 28066
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Remember that here is a great difference between judging an act and condemning a person, which is what you are getting dangerously close to doing.
I haven't condemned anyone. If we aren't listening to the Holy Spirit when we read the Bible, we will not understand it. He is the one who reveals the truth to us.
 
Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
 
4,438 posts, read 5,942,180 times
Reputation: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
LOL, we are on a Christian forum therefore the Christian ideology is a focal point.
Define "Christian Ideology" Robin. Why are there so many denominations Robin. Are JW's Christian Robin? What about Mormons Robin? Are they Christian (trademarked patent pending). So LOL all you like chief.. as you are laughing at yourself.

The point (since you obviously missed it) turned to gay rights about 20 threads ago. Yet.. you seem to not understand that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Yes what you teach leads to death and you are teaching falsehoods and leading some to a false hope. This is why I said your teachings are apostate in nature.
What do I teach Robin? That restricting the rights under U.S. law of a certain group of people is wrong. That those people don't have equal protection under the law? Yeah.. thats gonna kill em'. Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The Laws of this country are based on Judeo Christian laws, no matter what Obama says.
See this is why debating with anyone who watches Fox News is like debating a wall.

1. Obama never said the country wasn't based on Judeo Christian laws.

2. Second and completely different point is bigthirsty says they aren't based on Judeo Christian laws.

So if you can find the quote where Obama stated what you say he stated I'll be happy to show you how our legal system has roots in Islamic Medeival law too.

So go on boy... go get that quote of Obama's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
And if you were a Christian as you claim your ideology would be more important that the laws of any country.
Sorry.. I come from the camp that my religious belief system should NOT be imposed on others in this country who are not of my belief system. See I'm an American. I don't believe in living in theocracy as its clear thats what you would like. Why do you hate America so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If I were like a radical islamic fundamentalist, which you seem to believe is derogatory, then I would hunt you down and chop your head of, so be thankful I am a fundamentalist Christian nd nothing like the Islamists.
Oh dear.. you just don't get it do you. I used that example because its what the ilk like you like to rail about. Reality.. meet Robin..
 
Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,191 posts, read 3,199,072 times
Reputation: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June just needs to say that this whole "debate" is leading her to despair.

June is heterosexual. Good for June. But June is sitting here thinking to herself that based on what she has read here, that the only thing that could possibly be worse for June than being a nonbelieving atheist would be if June suddenly woke up tomorrow and had somehow managed to become an atheist lesbian.
June you seem to be misunderstanding what is going on.

Quote:
For what it's worth, June has read the bible. But June isn't seeing a whole lot of what she's read reflected here. Yes, it's a Christianity forum, and as such, Christian ideology would be expected to be found here. However, one would also hope to find more than that. One would hope to find a certain type of attitude.
The problem we are running into is those who reject parts of the Bible to make themselves feel good.

Quote:
Here's what June gleaned from her reading of the bible: Jesus came for and accepted those "sinners" that others seem to so easily identify. June has the funny feeling that Jesus would have far less difficulty with those alledged "sinners" than he would with the attitudes of those towards those sinners.
Yes Jesus accepted the sinners but not their sins, repeatedly He told them to go and sin no more. Jesus could see their hearts and all we can see right now is their words and their rejection of the truth.

Quote:
It's an interesting concept.

Which prevents June from totally lapsing into a state of despair...Because clearly, as stated herein, there is absolutely no room, no hope for June if she ever wished to consider becoming a Christian.


Kind of sad.
Yes it is sad June, but what do you expect when someone is twisting the truth of the scriptures? Do you expect us to just sit back and allow it to happen? Jesus did not allow scripture to be twisted even by the religious elite.
 
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
 
4,438 posts, read 5,942,180 times
Reputation: 1345
ahh look Fundie sent his lieutenant to respond.. here goes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually if you read the Bible and believed in Christ and was guided by the Holy Spirit, you would be with us in service to God rather than service to Satan.
Really Robin. Please explain why there are so many denominations of Christianity.. Ohhhh wise one.. I mean they all believe the same thing don't they. Right? Oh wait.. you .. you don't think that your belief system is the only one that is right do you? Seriously.. please don't say that.. BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ ON THIS BOARD.

I'll patiently wait for your response satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No equal rights are being denied, this is a far fetched fantasy in your warped mind.
Yes robin... its my fantasy to find where equal rights are being denied. Brilliant.

Reality is rights are being denied. Heterosexual couples can be married and are afforded certain rights because of that marriage. Homosexual couples cannot be married and thus are denied those equal protection rights. Only in bizzarro world, of which I'm sure you belong to, would on try to argue that rights aren't being denied. Bizarro world. Population 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You have lost it and completely reject the truth.
I bet thats what the slave owners thought about abolitionists too.. satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You have no idea what this contry is about and it is the wishy washy people like you that have brought this country to its knees with your liberal views.
Yes wishy washy views like a national defense to protect the people.. social security.. government healthcare.. police protection.. fire protection.. those crazzzzzy liberal views. Sorry chief. I do understand what this country is about. The fact that you say "wishy washy" people.. the fact that you even use those words.. tells me you have zero idea of what truly makes up America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Where? In your mind?
Seriously.. do you read the posts? I've outlined this like 5 times now. Heterosexual couples are provided certain protection that Homosexual couples are not. Taking religion out of the equation.. that is the truth. You cannot deny this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I dont see Christians chopping heads off or declaring war on innocent women and children, so your comparrison is just laughable...LOL.
In your mind its laughable because you don't understand it. Its ok not to understand it just means you aren't capable. I'll spell it out for you satan.

Taliban wish to rule a nation by religious law.

You wish to rule a nation by religious law.

See the difference. Look closely. I could take one word from each sentence and put it in the other sentence and nothing would change. See if you can figure it out. Laughable indeed satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
How are we seeking to deny them equal protection, you have not proven that at all.
I mean other than the fact that I have like 6 times now. Robin.. you not understanding that I've proven it.. doesn't mean its not proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
They have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex just like everyone else, anything else is a special right and will lead to even worse sexually immoral legislation.
So you are saying that marriage shouldn't be out of love then. Hmm got scripture to back that up chiefy?

But I totally agree.. when gay marriage passes people will want to marry box turtles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Look at vermont they are trying to legalize sexting for teens, children as young as 13 and they just legalized gay marriage, they are proving the very slippery slope we have warned about. The kids are much more important than the gays.
What does sexting have anything to do with this coversation Bill (err I mean satan)? Yes I saw the same O'Reilly show you did Bill. Got any of your own ideas Bill?

Nice attempt to pull the ole switeroo in the middle of the conversation.

Robin: Yeah but Vermont didn't put to death a man who put his penis on a lightpole. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT WE ARE HEADING DOWN A SLIPPERY SLOPE OF DEATH!

Me: yeah that makes no sense.

~Robin never said that.. that was just some fun on my part~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am glad you are worry free, most lukewarm "Christians" are worry free because they are already on Satans side so he doesnt need to cause them tribulation. Jesus would confirm the Bible and we would know it was Him.
Whats that Satan? Sorry couldn't hear you over the roaring fire eminating from your aura..
 
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
11,005 posts, read 12,536,505 times
Reputation: 7029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Angry because I am disgusted at the way some people twist the gospel, a gospel I will defend with my life........ You want to talk to Jesus and hear His words. READ YOUR BIBLE!
I think you're reading a bit too much - and doing plenty of twisting of your own. Ever hear of Live and let Live? Apparently not.
 
Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
11,005 posts, read 12,536,505 times
Reputation: 7029
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
wait wait wait.. are you saying we literally take it word for word and don't look at things in context and interpret what is meant?

really fudndie.. you are smarter than that right?

in fact I think you've said a couple times "look at the context"...

guess what.. "context" requires interpretation of the "context".

Oh dear..
It just cracks me up how the fundies claim you have to take the Bible literally, look at the context, and they scream and point fingers when someone doesn't come to the same conclusion they do, also looking at the context. The whole "context" thing is where it all gets into personal interpretation. They have to think they're right, and everyone else is wrong.
 
Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
11,005 posts, read 12,536,505 times
Reputation: 7029
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You have the equal right to marry someone of the opposite sex, anything else is a special right.

Please, and I mean this with all due respect, there are verses in the Bible that explain why many who claim to be gay cannot see the truth of the Biblical statements. We have no desire to cause anyone harm, we merely want them to come to a proper relationship with the Lord and justifying sin is a slap in Gods face.
And you have the equal right to marry someone of the same sex in the states where it's now legal- still an equal right. So your argument that it's "special" or "extra" rights is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top