U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,125,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
^^^
For preterists, the "Jews" of today (modern Israel) are NOT Jews. OT Jews are no more. They were either killed or taken into captivity (A. D. 70) where they lost forever their identity! Christians are true Jews who are circumcised in their hearts and not in their flesh. The Church is Israel now!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 12:33 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,368,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
So it is OK if Israel carry out a preemptive strike on Iran?

I guess if Russia protects its interests by arming Iran, then we enter WWIII - Yipee - then we can all die then - glory - hallelujah - NOT!

Oh well you folk will die off before me so I will probably have to kill myself when the radiation reaches us. What a wonderful future to look forward to.

Yup USA xianity = death cult.
How do you think the United States would handle Mexico developing nuclear weapons, and threatening to use them against us? Do you think we would just sit by and let that happen? Do you think we would waste years at a fruitless negotiation table or do you think we would destroy the reactors?

Old 04-14-2009, 12:34 PM

5,410 posts, read 3,533,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It is the same no matter where you go. Everyone benefits in some way or form.
So by that logic, Obama could never become the first black president of the USA if it were not for slavery - I geddit. Oh wait, Obama is a Kenyan - my bad.

He was not of the seed of slave descendants.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:34 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,368,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
For preterists, the "Jews" of today (modern Israel) are NOT Jews. OT Jews are no more. They were either killed or taken into captivity (A. D. 70) where they lost forever their identity! Christians are true Jews who are circumcised in their hearts and not in their flesh. The Church is Israel now!

Preterist
Yes, I know this is how you think, Preterist. It's why I posted those articles refuting the false doctrine of preterism.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Preterist for a while I have kept my mouth shut because I really don't like to touch the end times but I do believe in sufficiency of scripture. Is it true that you don't take all of revelations literally and that there are some parts you interpret literally and other parts symbolic or allegorical. My question to you is on what basis can you interpret ANYTHING in revelations literally when you yourself are relative in the literal interpretation of Revelations? How can you know what is literal and what is symbolic?
Fundamentalist: The entities which the symbols represent are REAL! Babylon is REAL first-century Jerusalem. The Beast is REAL first-century Nero. The churches are real churches of that day. This is why context is everything and this is why placing a highly symbolic book in its proper historical setting is essential to finding the realities behind the symbols.

Preterist

Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Hi curly,

I agree that any believer (Jew or Gentile) is part of the Body of Christ, the Church. But when I hear the term spiritual Israel, I associate it with Replacement Theology, the belief that Israel has been replaced by the Church, which is now seen as spiritual Israel and spiritual Jerusalem. The Church now receives all the blessings, etc promised to Israel.

Here's an article: What is replacement theology?

Just trying to clarify, thanks!
Greetings carolina_guy: True Israel (God's people based on faith) has always been true Israel. Abraham and the others of faith (Heb. 11) were true Israel all along based upon their FAITH. They saw the promises afar off and looked for a heavenly country and not a physical land (Heb. 11). There is no replacement of Israel but a fulfillment of Israel. National, physical Israel was never really Israel after faith! The Church is the fulfillment of all the promises made to that OT Israel which included Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and David, etc. Gentiles exhibiting the same faith unto salvation are grafted into the same tree thus fulfilling it. The only thing that came to an utter end was national, physical Israel and those who were merely of the physcial seed of Abraham but were not of God. The spiritual seed of Israel is part of and will always be part of that Israel of faith who were and are the true people of God. Israel has not been replaced. That is an error!

Preterist

Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM

5,410 posts, read 3,533,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Seeker, in his usual knee-jerk self.

Tell me where I called "you" an extremist. Why are you so sensitive?
NO I am not sensitive, kinda got used to the lil' boxes you folk want to put people in. I escaped from my box.
Quote:
Do you know what Zionism is?
Yes - do you and do you know the origins, do you know that Zionists collaborated with Hitler in WWII?
Quote:
Do you know of the Dreyfus affair?
Should I, I am sure I read it in my research a long time ago - refresh my memory.
Quote:
Do you know why Herzl, Chain Weizmann and the like were compelled to found Zionism?
Tell me, is this a quiz?
Quote:
Zionism is frankly NOT what the Israel-haters make you believe.
You assume I have not looked at both sides of the debate.

Your Israeli Jews today have nothing to do with those of the 1st century. Simple math shows that their population numbers should exceed 146M (since 70AD)yet there are only between 6-7M today, half of which are in the USA. Why is that? No Jew or christian can answer that question and it was not the holocaust that did it. In WWII there were about 9M and even that number was too small to be descended Jews from 70AD.

All of this has no consequence anyway as I do not believe they are a "chosen" race. It is all political.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know this is how you think, Preterist. It's why I posted those articles refuting the false doctrine of preterism.
And that is why I continue to refute the false doctrines of futurism--especially premillennial, pretribulation dispensationalism! Why do you need articles to "refute the false doctrine of preterism?" Why not use the Bible yourself and do so?

Preterist

Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,881,629 times
Quote:
The tensions among the countries of the world today have never been so high. Consider recent political strife between the United States and Europe, human rights issues with China as well as China’s threats to Taiwan, the North Korean issue, conflict between Pakistan and India, and, of course, the hot bed of the world- the Middle East.
Never mind the fact that these have been hotspots for awhile and in no way are they recent hot spots.. never mind that. Concentrate on the most recent historical data.. call it a hot spot and how call it a recent hot spot.

Quote:
One cannot deny oil being a considerable issue underlying much of the contention, especially with poverty-stricken Russia.
No. You cannot deny that. Just like you cannot deny that water is wet.. but by stating it as something you cannot deny everything else that is said is totally true. Brilliant.

Quote:
However, the whole world is suffering due to the oil crisis.
Yeah. I pay about $2.60 today. Just sayin'.

Quote:
But more than that, there is a great cause to remove the United States presence and Israeli existence in the Middle East, mostly by Islamic fundamentalist Iran and its ideological-shared cohorts.
I know right! Its like lying to the world about WMD has in some way reduced our equity with the world. It just ain't right!

Quote:
While the war in Iraq is indeed subsiding with their recent elections and buildup of its own military force, the region is far from stable.
Define "subsiding". If by "subsiding" you mean "the united states will create a huge vaccum when they leave and we have no idea what will happen after that" then yes.. subsiding is the perfect word to use there.

Quote:
Iran is a greater threat than most people realize.
No most everybody understands now and understood then what threat Iran posed.

Quote:
They are not building their nuclear program for defensive purposes.
I'm shocked. The world is shocked. Get this paper to the UN STAT!

Quote:
Remember they have the ideology of “death to the Jews and Americans!” This is not merely hate speech.
Well it is kinda hateful.

Quote:
Once they have the capability, they will not hesitate to launch an attack.
Yes they will hesitate. They might go through with it but they will hesitate. Iran's leader understands one attack will bring the world to his doorstep. He is a fundamentalist.. but he isn't stupid. He'll nudge.. he'll rattle his swords.

Quote:
Israel, the United States, and several European nations have warned that Iran cannot obtain a nuclear weapon. In fact, there are war games being conducted in Israel with Israeli and American troops, who are preparing for a coming confrontation.
I'm shocked that the U.S. Military plans for events that might happen.

Quote:
If no resolution can be implemented, Israel will not hesitate to take out Iran’s nuclear facilities.
but they have hesitated.. because we told them to hesitate..

Quote:
Likewise, any American attacks within Iranian or Syrian borders will automatically bring Israel into a war.
Really.. cause in 1991 we were pretty good at keeping Israel at bay while we dropped bombs on Iraq.. So by "automatically" you mean "history doesn't show that to be true"

Quote:
Concerning the United States’ War on Terror, it is inevitable that a coming conflict will come. After the attacks of 9/11, the American public was told time after time that this is going to be a very long war that could last years, perhaps decades
The war on terrorism would be a long war? Again.. water is wet. Now the war in Iraq.. that was a different story.. we were told very different things with that war weren't we.

Quote:
Well, the war is only four years old and is hardly over. There still remains numerous terrorist organizations and countries that harbor, support, and train these groups as well as conduct terrorist activities themselves.
Which is why a "War on Terror" is the dumbest war ever. Its like declaring a war on unhappiness. "We will not stop until everyone is happy!".

Quote:
The mere existence of these entities poses a great threat to all of the people of the world, not just the United States. Iran or Syria is next on the list. Whether they strike first is another question. Nevertheless, the world will be in total havoc.
The only havoc I see the world in now is financial havoc created by our country.. ouch.. that one stings a little.

Quote:
Furthermore, one cannot ignore Russia’s true intentions, or know what they are for that matter.
Dumbest sentence in history.

Quote:
An attack on Israel is not out of the question!
bigthirsty winning the lottery.. not out of the question!

Quote:
China and North Korea cannot be forgotten.
Nay! They will NOT be forgotten! You shall not forget China! Without them you wouldn't have half or your material possessions in your house. Never forget! Remember the Alamo!

Quote:
If and when war breaks out in the Middle East, North Korea may see this as their chance to rattle its saber and perhaps get bold enough to do something about it.
Because strategically they are poised to do so with a starving bankrupt nation that has to go through China. Brilliant logic.

Hint hint.. we don't keep North Korea at bay. China does.

Quote:
China’s increasing conflict between itself and Taiwan has turned out to be a very dangerous situation.
So dangerous 4 years after you wrote this paper nothing has happened. Dangerous indeed!

Quote:
The bottom line is as follows: the world is on the brink of World War III.
No it isn't.

Quote:
There is already war in Iraq, although it is dwindling.
Bottom line.. there we are on the brink of WWIII because we started a war in Iraq. Awesome.

Oh yeah.. its not dwindling. We screwed the pooch with Iraq.

Quote:
A spark between U.S. forces or Israel and an Arab country will escalate into full scale war in the region.
Yes a spark will do it.. (psst NEVER MIND THE INFERNO WE STARTED WITH IRAQ)..

Quote:
The threat in Asia is looming more than ever.
If by "Asisan Threat" you mean China stops lending us money.. then yes I agree.

Quote:
Whichever region blows the top first, the other will soon follow.
Cause thats exactly how it happened in WWII. Everyone jumped in at once..

except it didn't happen that way..

Quote:
More countries, if not all countries, will be brought into both conflicts and the world may very well see the most death and destruction it has ever suffered. Nuclear weapons will most certainly be used and other WMDs such as biological and chemical weapons are indeed a great possibility.
Maybe we can use those WMD's in Iraq..

oh wait..

Quote:
These things could begin as soon as this summer, but no later than a couple of years.
Oh dear.. 2005-2009.. 4 years. Care to revise?

Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,881,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
What jews are we talking about here?

The starbucks and kool aid ones, huh?

When Golda Meir visited America to collect money for Israel's struggle in the 40s, she was speaking at a gathering of powerful American jews about the daily struggle back in her home.

She later made a great observation, "these people have no idea of what we are going through". She would shed tears of blood if she gets to meet these jews of today.

So please...........
The ones with money.. that you spoke about in an earlier post.

Here let me help you out there in case you forgot..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/8337431-post41.html

there ya go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity