U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 AM

8,990 posts, read 8,403,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
to book, sir! and duly integrated with the wisdom existing before ....
It is His word, it was here before creation and it will be here when humans are dust. In the beginning was the word and the word became flesh. Jesus quoted scripture all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 AM

4,512 posts, read 4,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It is His word, it was here before creation and it will be here when humans are dust. In the beginning was the word and the word became flesh. Jesus quoted scripture all the time.
... so that others could live and expand on it, have u and i peace of mind and new thoughts to share on account of that?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
... so that others could live and expand on it, have u and i peace of mind and new thoughts to share on account of that?
It is the word of God from Genesis (in the beginning) to Revelations (Revelation of Jesus Christ). Nothing more is needed and if God does add something then He will never contradict His word (scripture) so all we need is the bible.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM

3,665 posts, read 6,259,304 times
Quote:
It is the word of God from Genesis (in the beginning) to Revelations (Revelation of Jesus Christ). Nothing more is needed and if God does add something then He will never contradict His word (scripture) so all we need is the bible.
Exactly!!! Any new "revelation" that contradicts the Word of God, which is Jesus, is not from God! They do not understand this because they have scales on their eyes. They have scales on their eyes because no, the truth is not in them.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 AM

1,597 posts, read 577,591 times
Quote:
exactly!!
So let me ask you another question (not that I'm trying to get this OT)...

Do you believe Scripture interprets Scripture?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,008,485 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Oh, you're loving me. I allow you to play out your conservative Christian mythology of the martyr.
The only way to debunk mysticism is with scripture from the Word of God.
You don't allow anyone to do anything. If you are speaking of Carolina_Guy and your dislike of his speaking the truth, it is God who COMMANDED him to do so.

Mark 16:15
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Quote:
You are being vilified and called horrible names because you speak "the truth" in the face of the deceived. You are doing God's just work against a collapsing, unsaved civilization. Anyone who uses his or her mind to think anything but what people thought 2,000 years ago is "taken by the Devil".
1 Peter 4:16
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

John 15:18-19
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know how your mythology works. I've spent plenty enough time around your sect.
It's not mythology, and it's not a sect. Christianity is based on a proven prophetic book, which just happens to be the Bible, the Word of God. Christianity can only be obtained by believing that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins and accepting Him as Savior. Do the studies, do the research on fulfilled prophecy.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Quote:
It's interesting that you use the phrase "the truth is not in you" when referring to a book that is clearly not within you. It's a book. It's not within anyone.
It's not a phrase, it's scripture from the Holy Bible. The Bible is indeed written on the hearts of those who believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:4
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Quote:
One of your reincarnations you'll understand all of this. For now, you need a book - or, as you might say, an extra leg to stand on.
There are no reincarnations. It's just another lie. For now and forever, we have the only book that is needed and required. The Holy Bible is not an extra leg, it is the Word of God that we stand on.

Hebrews 9:27-28
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Quote:
Someday you'll be standing on your own two legs.
No, we will not. None of us will ever do this. Here's what will happen, "someday":

Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "

It's solely up to you as to what you will confess and where you will spend eternity. But you will be doing it ON YOUR KNEES.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post

YES!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 AM

3,665 posts, read 6,259,304 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;8446132]
Quote:

The only way to debunk mysticism is with scripture from the Word of God.
You don't allow anyone to do anything. If you are speaking of Carolina_Guy and your dislike of his speaking the truth, it is God who COMMANDED him to do so.

Mark 16:15
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

1 Peter 4:16
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

John 15:18-19
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

It's not mythology, and it's not a sect. Christianity is based on a proven prophetic book, which just happens to be the Bible, the Word of God. Christianity can only be obtained by believing that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins and accepting Him as Savior. Do the studies, do the research on fulfilled prophecy.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

It's not a phrase, it's scripture from the Holy Bible. The Bible is indeed written on the hearts of those who believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:4
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

There are no reincarnations. It's just another lie. For now and forever, we have the only book that is needed and required. The Holy Bible is not an extra leg, it is the Word of God that we stand on.

Hebrews 9:27-28
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

No, we will not. None of us will ever do this. Here's what will happen, "someday":

Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "

It's solely up to you as to what you will confess and where you will spend eternity. But you will be doing it ON YOUR KNEES.
I can't rep you again, but this is an amazing post and brought tears to my eyes--I was listening to I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin at the same time. Thank you for taking the time to write this, DotL, God used you to give me encouragement. I pray many will see the truth in your post, this truth that comes from God! Amen sister!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,008,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I can't rep you again, but this is an amazing post and brought tears to my eyes--I was listening to I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin at the same time. Thank you for taking the time to write this, DotL, God used you to give me encouragement. I pray many will see the truth in your post, this truth that comes from God! Amen sister!
Awesome!!!! I'm so happy to hear that C_G.....God sends us encouragement just when we need it, doesn't HE??!! The Holy Spirit was leading me because the scriptures just flowed. Amen, Brother!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM

4,512 posts, read 4,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post

oh my. thanks. i did not expect my contribution to become or be seen that much wanting ....

thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity